It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd's death sparks massive protests in Minneapolis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Massive crowds gathered Tuesday to protest at the site where George Floyd was violently arrested a day earlier. Floyd repeatedly told a police officer kneeling on his neck that he couldn't breath, but despite the pleas for his life, the officer didn't let up for more than seven minutes, and Floyd died hours later.

People gathered on the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue, where Floyd was arrested for suspicion of forgery outside a deli. After he was taken into custody, the 46-year-old was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, according to CBS Minnesota.

George Floyd's death sparks massive protests in Minneapolis

Riots are breaking out in Minneapolis over the death of George Floyd!

I will try to upload more videos.

If anyone seen the video of George Floyds death, your blood is probably boiling just as much as mine. As bystanders and George himself said, he was not able to breath. The officer kept full pressure on his throat with his knee for over 4 minutes before you can see George becoming slowly more and more unresponsive. This grown man called and pleaded for his mother.

Even after an off-duty fire fighter shows up and demands the police officers check his pulse, they ignore her request.

At this point, war is erupting it seems like. These officers deserve 2nd degree murder for intentionally killing the man without premeditation. Unlike many cases in the past, we have footage of the incident in its entirety, from the point they stop Floyd to his death. Unlike cases in the past, there is documented footage evidence aside from testimony and forensic analyses. to determine culpability
edit on 27-5-2020 by JoeGee because: Added last sentence to include there is footage of the incident as opposed to incidents in the past that weren't documented and was based on forensic and testimony.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Rioting is an overreaction when people haven't even waited to see if any corrective action will be taken.

+6 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders
People are rioting to make sure corrective action is taken. To make sure this kind of police brutality does not continue. Obviously many, many things went wrong with this arrest for forgery. This a travesty and horror. A statement needs to be made.

Unfortunately, the crazies will show up and take advantage of the situation. Obviously, changes must be made.

+8 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Riots are a excuse/opportunity to "LOOT FREE SHIZ"

It's why they start 90% of the time for cover.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
People are rioting to make sure corrective action is taken.

This is like suing your doctor to make sure he diagnoses you correctly. Actually, it's way worse than that but at least someone is bound to get my point (I'm sure you won't but whatever).

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr

So are you saying there's no reason to protest other than to get free shiz?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Already a thread on this.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

This thread has new information about the protests but there is already a lot discussed in the other thread.
edit on 5 27 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee

originally posted by: Fisherr

So are you saying there's no reason to protest other than to get free shiz?

My thoughts on this is, yes, by all means protest, you know, mega phones, signs yelling, chanting, marching etc. Meanwhile, behind the scenes.

Of course, not the protesters fault. Of course.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Disagree. This is like suing your doctor after misdiagnosing your son and he dies. You miss the point completely.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Rioting is an overreaction when people haven't even waited to see if any corrective action will be taken.

But are they, how does a man like that, seriously I think a psychopath, get a job and go unnoticed in the police force.
Isolated event, doubt it
He murdered that man on camera, like a big FU to the whole world, like a big “Imam above the law”
He is, watch

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
are they practicing 'socialdistancing' and wearing korona prevention maskitudes?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
They all should be dragged out of their homes to the streets and any this is seen the citizens should step in by ny means necessary.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Rioting is not protesting.

Rioting is self destruction.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I understand the anger and hatred but see that "protest" is used so often in the USA as an excuse to rob and loot and sadly its usually by the same group of people who then wonder at the stereotypes that are created and the attitudes others then have towards them

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Already a thread on this.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

This thread has new information about the protests but there is already a lot discussed in the other thread.

Two completely separate threads

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

# em.
Jail or not.
# em.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
just saw some updates about this on twitter and thought i'd check out if anyone here is talking about it, it seems unbelievably wild out there right now.
Reading reports of molotovs and people holed up defending liquor stores and even a paramilitary group with aks joining the protestors??

i have no idea how much of it is true but it seems like it's only just getting started...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Do you see this behaviour in other "civilised" countries as often as America, forget what race the victim was, your police force shows again they are willing to murder suspects, judge, jury and executioner, absolutely despicable

Honestly your country makes uncivilised nations look good

Every officer involved should serve jail time for this

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I look at it this way. If he was none compliant, the officer could have had his knee on his back, not his neck. It takes 7 lbs of pressure to break a neck, additionally, you constrict the breathing as well. Bottom line is it is definitely manslaughter, or negligent homicide. I don't think it was murder, as murder involves intent. I don't believe the cop intentionally murdered him. They fired all 4 of the officers. 2 things need to come out of this. First, police unions need to stop protecting idiots. The guy is an idiot. He is a trained professional, and regardless a man died. Second, people should have a right to easily sue not just the city and state, but the individuals as well. You bankrupt the city, state, and individuals, stupid # like this will stop. If the city was hit with a 10 billion dollar law suit, the reality is, they would stop. Especially when the Pensions are all gone due to it. Hit people in the wallet. Higher better people, and you fix the issue. As far as rioting. Ya, any rioters should be shot, plain and simple. Now if you want to protest, by all means, protest. However you do not have a right to destroy something. You don't have a right to hurt others cause you are mad. You do not have a right to stop traffic, invade others personal space, or otherwise cause undo stress to others. There is a difference between protesting and rioting.

Camain

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
1) are the rioters practicing social distancing and wearing a mask? If. It, is the media mocking them?

2) not following this case because I really don’t care.

My question is does the guy have priors? Does he have a violent past? Did he do something to be arrested? How did he act before he was arrested?

If. You were a cop and the person you are arresting has a history of being a POS or was acting violently when you tried to arrest him and he said he couldn’t breath....do you believe him? Do you give up the advantage to someone who is probably trying to escape and could kill you to get away or do you stay in the position of power.

If he was getting arrested because Michigan has a fascist governor Who dictated more new laws than you can shake a stick at. That’s a good reminder that ever law, no matter how small, can end with the state killing you for disobeying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join