It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are refusing to work

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Then let them be Scared and Hungry for Awhile . They Will Change their Tune SOON ........

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Let me guess, this new batch of employees is overwhelmingly between 20 and 30 years old?

a reply to: klimitzgus

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Let me guess, this new batch of employees is overwhelmingly between 20 and 30 years old?

Yes , In my Day We Called them WIMPS................(

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Mine are in their 40's and really haven't been the best. The kind that say they start at 6 but if I start at 8 they get there at 7:30

Not some overachievers 1 actually went out when the company said if you have a temp stay home. He's done one way or the other anyway.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The first one is just a general thing though.

I was raised that you always aimed to be where you needed to be about 10 minutes early. That way, if something came up, you had a cushion to absorb being a bit late. Being a commuter, that time cushion changed out to 15 minutes (more with crap weather). But it never seemed to me like many of the other people in the office where I worked were ever particularly fussed about whether or not they were there and ready to saddle up right on time or not. It was nothing to see them straggling in upward of 10 minutes or more late as a regular function.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A guy that is working with me his wife's company went to 32 hours. She turned it into unemployment because it was easier than filing a new claim she figured it would last 2 weeks then get laid off again. She got the $600 for the weeks she's been working 32 hours. 4 Weeks so far.

So lose a days pay and make $600

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow, after reading many of the comments my granddaughter has it all wrong. She turned 20 in February and before all of this began she had three jobs (none full time) working 25 hours or so a week and a full time college student. Since the shutdown began she only has the one job working 44 hours a week, being left in charge when the store manager isn't there, closes the store up most evenings because she makes the last minute deliveries no one else wants to make. All for $10 an hour. Where did we go wrong with her?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
There are a lot of people making a few hundred a week working...some are pissed their bosses are opening back up.

I dont blame them...ride that wave until its gone....then go back to $1-2-3 even $400 per week working ..why not

Because you're not thinking ahead if you think it's a good idea to ride the wave until it's over. You make yourself a liability, or as we called them in the oilfield, a slow leak. If you're in a job that you don't like, why aren't you actively looking for another one that you will like or that pays more? When all of this dust settles and people start getting hired again, those slow leaks will be the last to get hired and first to get fired if they stick with that same mentality and refuse to learn from their mistakes.

I retired this year, wife still has 10 more left in Social Work...we're ok...but times have changed. Where is employer/company loyalty? I guess money talks for some.

I feel real bad for my associates in music, groups at clubs....for some this is more than they make a week playin".

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Some places of employment truly have become just meat mills with high turnover. They figure they can burn through employees as fast as the kids leave the job.

But on the other end you do have places of employment that actually try to be good ones and the kids still don't have any appreciation for what they have.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cmajlz

That’s easy,, you taught her a work ethic.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yeah, who's have thunk if you pay people more to not work they'd choose to not work. # if people didn't depend on me, I'd love to claim a couple symptoms and go on the paid Corona vacation myself. The problem isn't the six hundred dollar bonus to unemployment, it's that there isn't a similar bonus for those who are actually employed through this.

If people weren't taking a pay cut to go back to work they probably would. You'd be stupid to choose to lose time with your loved ones and bust your ass in exchange for less compensation. Well either stupid or actually give a # about more than money.
edit on 5/19/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

$600 a week, that's insane, who's the idiot that came up with that number.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They are also admitting "off the record" that they are making more money on unemployment than they will working thanks to the $600 a week bonus.

Who didn't see this coming?

My son was working part time at 13 bucks an hour for about $300 a week as he attends college, he is now making 730 on unemployment per week...geez

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

$600 a week, that's insane, who's the idiot that came up with that number.

All I will say is that the bill was passed 94-0..

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They are also admitting "off the record" that they are making more money on unemployment than they will working thanks to the $600 a week bonus.

Who didn't see this coming?

My son was working part time at 13 bucks an hour for about $300 a week as he attends college, he is now making 730 on unemployment per week...geez

Remind him he will have to pay taxes on that.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cmajlz

I actually told him it comes out to a messily 38k per year.... Not really any quality of life he is looking for, but hey I bet there are a lot of people who would think they won the lottery.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
the only people that work when they dont have to are called "rich".

sean hannity, as an example, makes more in one year than 10 families do in a lifetime (according to one of his commercials the average family makes 2 million in a lifetime) he still works.

the average person only works because they need the money. if they didnt have to worry about money, they wouldnt work.

if those companies wanted their people back, pay them more. $600 is only $15 for a 40 hr week. $800 is only $20 an hour.

the solution is simple.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Cmajlz

I actually told him it comes out to a messily 38k per year.... Not really any quality of life he is looking for, but hey I bet there are a lot of people who would think they won the lottery.

For someone his age that is a lot of money. My 20 year old granddaughter would think she could buy a house, a new car and go to the beach with plenty left over.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Unemployment income is still taxable. When you collect they ask if you want them to withhold for taxes now or pay it all at a later date aka tax time.

It does seem like an extraordinary amount of money is going to unemployment, but when it runs out is when things will get tough. Hey around October November for most... election season!

a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Yes but some are abusing it, we have a co-worker who is making all his co-workers angry by continuing to work but refusing to serve all customers which is his main job, putting more work on all of us....because he says covid-19.
It's BS abuse of a reason. Most of us think he should be fired. If you don't think these types of things are happening all across the world, you would be naive.
One thing this virus has done, is shown who your good workers are and who your lazy/deceptive ones are.
edit on 20-5-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join