It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US would struggle to defend Taiwan, and lose war to China simulations show

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
DB
edit on 18-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I guess we’ll have to wait on the full report.

I looked into the invasion strength of China concerning amphibious and airborne troops . They looked minimal to me well under 100,000 Marines and airborne troops . Tasked with taking on a little under 2 million active and reserve forces and a population of around 25 million people . Personally I think a invasion of a modern country would result in at least 10% of the population stepping in on the flight where needed. Creating fortifications , supplying troops or sending led the other way . They would probably be canon fodder but I don’t think that would stop everyone .

I looked this up a while ago and added it to notes. This is in my own words. But I forgot a link but how do these numbers sound to you ?

Thats 36,000 Marines in addition they have 30,000 airborne troops available for an invasion.

The article said they were limited in large part by equipment strength . I’m pretty sure they said they only have one large amphibious invasion boat too.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think Putin would wait until the outcome is sure. Then come in on the winning side .

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

LAsers are great,but rail guns would be better for interception because the closer a hypersonic projectile gets the smaller the hit cone. Although you need a interceptor on top to cover top down.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Arnie123

They're starting it now. Hypersonic development, forward positioning cruise missiles, antimissile defenses. But it's going to take a few years to get where they need to be.
That's positive to know, lets hope beaucracy and politics won't delay any of that.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

LAsers are great,but rail guns would be better for interception because the closer a hypersonic projectile gets the smaller the hit cone. Although you need a interceptor on top to cover top down.

Gotta love the armchair soldier!

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

They're building a Gator Navy fast. They've launched a couple LHD equivalents, with more under construction. Their biggest problem has always getting ashore. They'll hammer the visible, aboveground defenses, which will make getting troops ashore that much easier, but Taiwan has a pretty robust system of underground bases.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I think Putin would wait until the outcome is sure. Then come in on the winning side .

I wouldn't be surprised if China attacked Russia first in a war with the US. They could send 300 million north to not worry about that side.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

From what I read it’s next to impossible wait let’s make that impossible to properly supply , equip and most of all feed a 300 million man army .

If they send them three-men to a rifle with a sock full of rice like they did in Korea maybe . Lol

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

As the Union of Concerned Scientists points out, hypersonic weapons traveling at Mach 5-plus experience a whole new level of heat buildup. While a ballistic missile warhead might spend only seconds exposed to air friction, hypersonic weapons experience air friction throughout their entire flight. Chemical reactions with the surrounding air even create a plasma around the hypersonic weapon, which can interfere with the object’s ability to reference GPS or receive outside course correction commands.

That’s not all. Hypersonic travel is so brutal that an object traveling at such speeds slowly tears itself apart during flight as the speed magnifies heat, wind, and other environmental factors. This gradually alters a hypersonic weapon’s flight dynamics, making accuracy an increasingly difficult problem.

The heat SIG is so high you can see and plan for it too.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

If they send them three-men to a rifle with a sock full of rice like they did in Korea maybe . Lol

Or like Poland during WWII... A gun, 50 rounds of ammo and a weeks worth of food on their backs...But what am I saying... China has pussified their people, they are not very strong as they were before.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

That’s not all. Hypersonic travel is so brutal that an object traveling at such speeds slowly tears itself apart during flight as the speed magnifies heat, wind, and other environmental factors. This gradually alters a hypersonic weapon’s flight dynamics, making accuracy an increasingly difficult problem.

We need to also understand the initial stage to get to hyperspeed is a very vunderble period. F35s have the capacity to shoot them down at that stage... just saying... It's not like they get there in seconds. The Gliders need to get to like 90k altitude to go to the next stage.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Lol, in 2030? So this is going to be used as justification for further funding.

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

No, they're going to use it to rightfully continue to develop certain programs that we need to develop.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You have no idea what weapons the US or China has developed in secret....

No one is going to share new technology because counter-measures could be developed.

There's going to be trade, weather, and biological weapons used too.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

As the Union of Concerned Scientists points out, hypersonic weapons traveling at Mach 5-plus experience a whole new level of heat buildup. While a ballistic missile warhead might spend only seconds exposed to air friction, hypersonic weapons experience air friction throughout their entire flight. Chemical reactions with the surrounding air even create a plasma around the hypersonic weapon, which can interfere with the object’s ability to reference GPS or receive outside course correction commands.

Wouldn't it be great, if us as human beings got excited about technologies that could benafit mankind, instead of technologies made to kill our fellow humans.

The sad fact is, people talk like this because it's normal.

Why? Because a lot of people view a country as a place not filled with innocent individual people. Makes people sleep better at night when they think of it that way.

But the sad fact is, as ling as we have these governments, and their primitive, sociopathic way of thinking, then we eill always have wars, and always have people brainwashed and conditioned to think this is normal.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Most if not all technologies we produce can benefit Mankind.

It's the purpose we set them to that's the problem, generally war and destruction.

The fact of the matter is we don't invent tools that we do not use.

Whist the name of the game is the accumulation of monies wealth and power for essentially the chosen few not much will change.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Most if not all technologies we produce can benefit Mankind.

It's the purpose we set them to that's the problem, generally war and destruction.

The fact of the matter is we don't invent tools that we do not use.

Whist the name of the game is the accumulation of monies wealth and power for essentially the chosen few not much will change.

I agree. It's all about the rich staying rich, and the brainwashed staying brainwashed.

Yeah, nothing will change. Not in my lifetime anyway, and the sad fact is, maybe we will only open our conditioned eyes after a ww3 that wipes out most of the population.

There is so much we can do as a species, but we have been led to believe that war is normal and ok. It's not normal and ok.

Yeah people may argue that we has fought wars pretty much since the begining of mankind. But as bad as any war is, in the past, we never had weapons that could destroy all of us. We saw a taste of it at the end of ww2 though.

It's like people on here talking bout war and invasions do not really understand it, because most have never seen a war. It's ok dirty in your chair in the comfort of your home writing this stuff, but seriously, these people have been brought up to be conditioned to think this way. They have been conditioned eith patrioism, no matter what country you are from, and it's this conditioned patrioism that lets these rich, controlling, power hungry people do what they do.

It's just really frustrating.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Actually, you can get a pretty good idea of what's being developed. Not exact performance specifics, but at least the general field and type, if you know how to read the budget. They are required, even with the classified budget, to give a basic breakdown as to where the money goes.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The old war produces technology that benefits Mankind aside, and some of the technologies that have materialized out of conflict have indeed benefited our race, imagine what we could achieve with a few thousand years of peace?

Imagine what we would not have destroyed, blown up, set fire to, the statues and art that would still be around, the great library for instance.

We could have been amongst the stars by now or at least well on our way to colonization of our own star system.

It's just really pathetic given what we can achieve when we set our minds to it, the Apollo program for instance.

Then again that might not have materialized in the same manner without the likes of the cold war race to fuel the dream.
edit on 19-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join