It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US would struggle to defend Taiwan, and lose war to China simulations show

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: dantanna

Their goal of global domination is worrisome to America. This is a significant step in that direction.

I thought it was America with the goal of global domination?

Now you've got me all confused.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah short sighted indeed, starving masses in the US and you want to defend Taiwan against China, you want to defend Ukraine against Russia, you want to defend Iraq against Iran, you want to defend Saudi Arabia against Yemen and so on.

How about defending America against the Military Industrial Complex, they will spend Trillions to save distant countries, while Americans starve?

What starving masses? geez... where are the dead bodies of starving people? 30 million out of work today, BECAUSE THE COUNTRY HAS SHUT DOWN!! Was less than 4% 4 months ago, and will be well below 6% later this year as the country opens back up.

So let's say China takes on the Far East and wins it all, then they go after Russia and win, the EU...at what point do we say oh sh@t!

There are areas to defend and areas not to. I agree we should have stayed out of both Iraq and Afghanistan as they would not have been world threatening as China is.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Jamie2018

Prior to WWI and WWII the US was non-interventionalist.

Maybe once or twice.

List of wars involving the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and, for comparison:

List of wars involving the People's Republic of China
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World domination in evidence much?

edit on 17/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Their goal of global domination is worrisome to America. This is a significant step in that direction.

Ya we screwed up not making Japan and Germany the 51/52 state....and about 50 other countries...lol

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
China still has no force projection. Unless you share a border with China there isn't too much to worry about. Taiwan's biggest fear is missile and air strikes from China, but, chances of an invasion is remote. There is the possibility of a blockade, but, that's remote. China is a bigger threat to South Korea than Taiwan.

Ummm...I totally agree...

China has zero force projection...and zero experience on the battlefield...with any of the systems they do have...

They will also be increasingly isolated economically...as countries and unions of countries...take their business elsewhere...

China simply doesn’t have the time these studies indicate...as their GDP...continues to shrink...and their millions and millions of people starve...and the millions and millions of drastically oppressed rise up against the CCP...

As you stated...their peak came and went...now it’s all downhill...

YouSir

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

He's too young to remember what Isolationism nearly cost the United States. So am I, but my parents, grand-parents, and aunts and uncles weren't.

Isolationism is a failure even before the start.

I suspect that that simulation doesn't take into account that Taiwan isn't going to go quietly, should the worst happen. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we were to discover that Taiwan has a plan something akin to Israel's Sampson Doctrine.

Scorched Earth--They'll destroy it all, so that China, in the end, gets nothing but ashes.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Makes me wonder what the result would be if you include the UK, Canada, Australia and Nz to the us side, barring a miracle, they would be.

And don't forget super duper missiles either

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Ya we screwed up not making Japan and Germany the 51/52 state....and about 50 other countries...lol

Then they would have had a vote.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If China invaded Taiwan under the present climate, and American and Taiwanese forces began to sustain heavy losses, it not beyond the scope of Trump and the present administration to use nuclear weapons, if only of the tactical variety, and then i imagine that would escalate rather fast.

All it would take is for a carrier sent that way and to be lost and it would be toys out the pram glow in the dark time for some poor sod.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Then they would have had a vote.

We are super good at actually winning a war if politics are not involved, but we suck as domination and occupation. That first needed step of killing all males over the age of 8 kind of gets hung up.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Assuming they can cross the water in enough force, Im not sure they can also wouldn't be surprised to see some major wild cards in a conflict like that.

I am sure we have a few aces, china to... but will Vietnam and Japan and South Korea who all have a history of issues with china just stand by and do nothing, I dunno.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Why would the Pentagon leak the US has a weakness?

I wonder if this helps lay the ground work for the US trading Taiwan to China in return for China enabling Korean reunification.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They have a right good load of missiles pointed in Taiwan's direction with all the major areas targeted.

They could use chemical or biological warheads to saturate the area and invade probably without too many heavy losses.

Its what comes after, being able to hold the island whilst controlling a hostile population, the inevitable arrival of USA airstrikes, and the counter-invasion that's in the post, that makes China think twice.

If they wanted Taiwan they could pretty much take it, but not hold on to it without starting WW-3.
edit on 17-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The US economy is collapsing, unemployment is 30 million plus, food lines are miles long.

Time to look after the people at home and not abroad.
If you're not an American, why would you attempt to post something not true?

The American economy is not collapsing, in any way shape or form, facts and I'll be here 12 months later to remind you of this fact, that's how incredibly confident we are.

Food lines are not miles long, just wlked into HEB, bought some meat, TP and donuts, walked in, took 10 mins.

The thread is about scenarios involving spheres of geopolitical influence and our ability to enforce it.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

The simple answer is more funding. The answer to a weakness is another 200 Billion dollars to be injected into the Military Industrial Complex funding to overcome this "Weakness"

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Food lines are not miles long

Yes they are

SHTF America

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Your right....they peaked out and now the world is not happy with them.

From here on out, it's just down hill for China and Walmart/Chinamart... : P

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Food lines are not miles long

Yes they are

SHTF America

You mean they were.... not anymore
and that was from the MSM causing fear and panic buying.

edit on 17-5-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

I wonder if this helps lay the ground work for the US trading Taiwan to China in return for China enabling Korean reunification.

Nope, China is trying screw South Korea over in the aluminum business that South Korea was so strong with. South Korea as well as many countries are realizing just how sleazy and corrupt the CCP is.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
China is not invading Taiwan. The only news coming out regarding this is western propaganda news, and that is it!

Why the hell would China invade Taiwan, turning western countries against them, meaning there is a good chance no businesses would by from china, crippling their economy. Makes no sense at all!

And if the worst comes to the worst, ww3, where everyone loses!

There is no chance China would invade Taiwan. It would be suicide on a grand level!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join