It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS uncovers lots more people Biden sexually harassed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances

link

Reade had spoken highly of Biden, the former boss who employed her as a staff assistant from late 1992 to August 1993, and never mentioned assault or harassment, Wrye recalls. But what Wrye remembers most is that by the time Reade left their property and moved on, Wrye felt burned.

After her husband suffered a brain injury that forced the couple to sell the property, Wrye said, Reade turned on them.

“She became really difficult,” Wrye said. “She said, ‘You’re going to have to pay me to get me to leave.’”

“She was manipulative,” said Wrye, a self-described feminist and social activist. “She was always saying she was going to get it together, but she couldn’t. And ‘could you help her’?”

Wrye’s distressing experience with Reade wasn’t an isolated case. Over the past decade, Reade has left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances in California’s Central Coast region who say they remember two things about her — she spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

As part of an investigation into Reade’s allegations against Biden — charges that are already shaping the contours of his campaign against a president who has been accused of sexual assault and misconduct by multiple women — POLITICO interviewed more than a dozen people, many of whom interacted with Reade through her involvement in the animal-rescue community.

This is a dead issue. It won't help Trump who has almost 40 allegations against him.

And this one is entirely debunked.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Can't handle it? LOL.

That must be why I keep saying that both Biden and Trump are tools of TPTB.

Edited for accuracy.

edit on 17-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Will, no amount of facts are going to convince any Trump zealot.

Biden is the enemy and must be destroyed. Ignore the fact that everything claimed about Biden also applies to Trump in spades.

Cognitive dissonance ... is that the term?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Of course. The people who still have their wits about them can be influenced, but you’re right certainly not the cult members or the partisan people.

Though I'm of the school of the very lesser of two evils is wise.

The damage done to the poor and middle class: cutting food stamps, section 8, right-wing SCOTUS, citing taxes on the rich, global warming and environmental neglect, and his loathsome character and dangerous acts in the pandemic is enough to make Biden Abe Lincoln in comparison to Trump.

Not to mention Trumps almost 40 allegations against him.

edit on 17-5-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well, in the specific case of THIS THREAD which has not only been allowed to stand but has been moved to the front page, we have a typical Breitbart lie-based article which directly contradicts the claims made in the actual source which was a piece on PBS News Hour.

Opinions are ubiquitous, but this kind of crap is ... contrary to the motto of "Deny Ignorance" at best.

IMO

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
It goes to show that the left truly does not care about sexual harassment. Its just a tool they use to their advantage, and ignore when it doesn't work for them

It goes to show how the Right has no idea of what sexual harassment actually is. It's not smelling hair or putting hands on shoulders.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Come on, man!

Please go forth and sniff stranger's hair and put your hands on their shoulders (from behind) and let us know how long it takes before you are either arrested or hospitalized.

We'll wait.

It's not smelling hair or putting hands on shoulders.

What about fingerbanging someone under their clothing without their permission?
edit on 17-5-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sexual harassment is improper terminology to describe his behavior.

There are levels to be considered. Some behavior is simply being an insensitive creep. Some behavior is outright sexual assault. Sexual harassment terminology is usually reserved for business relationships to achieve a position of power by tearing down another, leaving the harasser in a higher business ranking.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

So, like a senator sniffing the hair and "massaging" the shoulders of young interns and staffers?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This whole sexual abuse by these politicians is despicable but I’ve always felt, because of my own experience of being falsely accused of something, that everyone should be allowed their right to refute any kind of allegation, and the accuser has the burden of proof.

No one should be ruined over an allegation.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What the PBS Transcript of News Hour actually Claims

Of that, we were able to have in-depth interviews with some 74 of them. Now, 62 of these former staffers were women. And to a person, Judy, those women told us they had never had any experience that was uncomfortable with the former vice president or ever heard of any experience that was uncomfortable or, worse, many of them said they had spent time with him alone during work hours and that they had — they wanted to say that they — most of them didn't want to reflect on whether on what Tara Reade is saying was true or not.

But they did say that it did not reflect their experiences at all, especially in a workplace that Dan and I both heard from them they felt empowered women.

Make any claims about BIDEN you want. He's a TPTB tool like Trump.

The topic here is what was said on PBS, not the lies propagated by the Breitbart "summary."

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

It goes to show that the left truly does not care about sexual harassment. Its just a tool they use to their advantage, and ignore when it doesn't work for them

It goes to show how the Right has no idea of what sexual harassment actually is. It's not smelling hair or putting hands on shoulders.

Nor shoving joes digitals into her hoo hoo?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This whole sexual abuse by these politicians is despicable but I’ve always felt, because of my own experience of being falsely accused of something, that everyone should be allowed their right to refute any kind of allegation, and the accuser has the burden of proof.

Its right on video. Repeatedly. Joe using his office to touch women and children that is obviously making then uncomfortable from behavior that would not be tolerated by men of a lesser station. You think if we replaced Joe with a janitor the same touching and groping would be tolerated?

Again...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Actually. Sexual harassment is anything that makes the person uncomfortable, unwanted behavior, and / or difficult to do their job.

So? I can go up to a teenage girl, grab her, and smell her hair at any function I like? Or is that just for elite senators?

edit on 17-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Since you've been "falsely accused of something" in the past...and you imply that made you more sensitive to false accusations...have you ever accused Trump of colluding with Russia?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Wow, he is putting Bill Cosby to shame.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances

link

Reade had spoken highly of Biden, the former boss who employed her as a staff assistant from late 1992 to August 1993, and never mentioned assault or harassment, Wrye recalls. But what Wrye remembers most is that by the time Reade left their property and moved on, Wrye felt burned.

After her husband suffered a brain injury that forced the couple to sell the property, Wrye said, Reade turned on them.

“She became really difficult,” Wrye said. “She said, ‘You’re going to have to pay me to get me to leave.’”

“She was manipulative,” said Wrye, a self-described feminist and social activist. “She was always saying she was going to get it together, but she couldn’t. And ‘could you help her’?”

Wrye’s distressing experience with Reade wasn’t an isolated case. Over the past decade, Reade has left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances in California’s Central Coast region who say they remember two things about her — she spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

As part of an investigation into Reade’s allegations against Biden — charges that are already shaping the contours of his campaign against a president who has been accused of sexual assault and misconduct by multiple women — POLITICO interviewed more than a dozen people, many of whom interacted with Reade through her involvement in the animal-rescue community.

This is a dead issue. It won't help Trump who has almost 40 allegations against him.

If she were his only accuser, I would probably let it go.

She might have been harassed, and then let her life spiral so out of control that she ended up becoming a leach later on when she couldn't self start again.

But her past actions hurt her credibility so much, that there's too little here to overcome the basic presumption of innocence you have to give people.

As much as I like having ammunition against "Biden the Burisma Beaurocrat", Tara Reade can't be part of that barrage, unfortunately. She's too weak a lead to go on.

And this one is entirely debunked.

"Debunked" is a bit strong a word for it. There is still the Larry King call, which strongly suggests it really happened.

But it's weakened substantially by Tara's more recent grifting.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just like playing the 'race card' used by some people of color to claim they were being treated unfairly in the past

- In the age of the anti-sex world of '1984' the idea is to create a scenario to ahow your opponent is a sexual predator

- They tried it on Trump in 2016 and it failed - It will also fail with Biden!

I new somebody who I was loosely connected wth in business - He had a bad habit of taping your arms while talking
to you - Not a sex thing, just the way he communicated with both men and women - And it was very annoying

I can see where Bidens 'touchy-feely' way of communicating can be misconstrued and annoying.

I can also eee, how in an important elections year some psychopathical women, like wiih Ttump, Judge Kavanaugh, etc.,
will come out sreaming rape tor acts that allegedly occurred many years befoe and are unprovable.

Of course this new world where women must be taken at face value for alleged allegationgs and all men
are guily until proven otherwise, is very dangerous for all or us.

Next thing you know, in the world of Covid 19, you will be accused of assaut for getting closer than 6 geet to anyone.
Of couse, and for now, maybe that's a good thing ?
edit on 17-5-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah. Just getting touchy feely isn't really "sexual harassment". And he doesn't seem to do anything more extreme than that behind closed doors.

It's creepy, but I think we should reserve the term "sexual harassment" for something you'd actually sue an employer over.

I really don't like Biden, but I don't want to get "Biden Derangment Syndrome". Not after I've been so critical of the people who acted that way toward Trump.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
What the PBS Transcript of News Hour actually Claims

Of that, we were able to have in-depth interviews with some 74 of them. Now, 62 of these former staffers were women. And to a person, Judy, those women told us they had never had any experience that was uncomfortable with the former vice president or ever heard of any experience that was uncomfortable or, worse, many of them said they had spent time with him alone during work hours and that they had — they wanted to say that they — most of them didn't want to reflect on whether on what Tara Reade is saying was true or not.

But they did say that it did not reflect their experiences at all, especially in a workplace that Dan and I both heard from them they felt empowered women.

The topic here is what was said on PBS, not the lies propagated by the Breitbart "summary."

quote]originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: mtnshredder

That was clearly demonstrated, with citations, in my first post in the thread

No it wasn’t clearly demonstrated. Your “citation” is three extremely left “journalist” talking about interviews given to a very small percentage of cherry picked ex Biden employees. Very biased interviewers hardly makes for non biased truth.

You do realize these are not actual witness transcripts you linked, yes? Where’s the actual transcripts to all the interviews? Not that it would matter considering PBS Is doing everything it can to discredit Reade and everything they can to make Biden look like a saint. What PBS says is a joke, not sure how you take that crap as truth.

Have you actually read any of PBS’s propaganda hit pieces against Reade? They’re rather sickening. #metoomovement pffft, out the window when it’s a politician from the left, if it’s the right, such as Kavanaugh, they persecute and nail them to the cross. PBS’s hypocrisy is deafening.

Do you think all the woman that are coming forth with allegations against joe are lying? Some of the victims have what I think are very credible stories and that’s coming from a non biased POV

edit on 17-5-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join