It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I wear a mask when I go into the store. Been wearing the same mask for two weeks, The bacteria on it are probably munching on any viruses before they get into my lungs. Thank you bacteria, I will return the favor and cough and spread you into the air of the supermarket.

I am just BSing....Not really true, I have only been wearing it for a week and a half.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

the good thing about germany: we are pretty well organized

Germany has ALWAYS been well organised. It's their infamous defining trait.

and the majority of people stick to the measures

The German public has always been easily led, too. It's another infamous defining trait.

that's why we have the virus halfway under control.

Only halfway? Seems Germany is slacking. After all, you have all been hermetically sealed in for much longer than most. Meanwhile, the virus is just waiting outside, chewing gum and polishing its flick-knife.

in contrast to america. there are reasons why america has the most cases and the most dead.

It does not have the most dead per capita - you know, the IMPORTANT detail.

- the many ignorant people who do not show solidarity

You mean people who prefer to decide for themselves using all the available information to make sensible judgement calls.

i don't like to wear the mask, but i do as soon as i enter a store. doesn't hurt, but it's a little annoying.

How dare you even slightly grumble about it! The authorities will be knocking on your door soon.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I walked into the store the other day to buy a couple beers.
The cashier told me he couldn't sell me anything until I put on a mask.
So I said "Thanks." and walked out with my free beer.
I refuse to walk around looking like a muzzled dog with fogged up glasses.

link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's y'all. Just sayin'

link   

It might be prudent to try to understand where some of us are actually coming from..

We are tired of morally righteous, nosy busy bodies.

We are tired of people defining us as the media tells them to.

This has been going on for years and years, and many of us experience it in our own homes on top of it all.

The only difference now is how over-the-top the faux righteous indignation has become, and how extraordinarily myopic perspectives have become with The Virus, with some "fun" splashes of selective amnesia, ignorance, and projection.

I, for one, am tired of people only ever rejecting or accepting the Manipulation Machine narrative.

Masks! No Masks! "If it aint 100%, then its 0% and if it aint 0% then its 100%"

Its all just extensions of problematic social interactions that have been inculcated for years, frequently on entirely meaningless topics.

Personally, I want to talk with family, and friends, and strangers about what I think and believe. But.. The Manipulation Machine has already told them who and what I am, and thats all many seem to care to know.

Its about so much more than just a mask, or a virus. At least, to me it is. I find it all.. tragic.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes ... my poor little paper mask has been used once a week for an hour to go to physical therapy. I spritz it with rubbing alcohol when it get home and let it dry out, but that's about it.

The rest of the time, I am bare-faced and unashamed.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
I walked into the store the other day to buy a couple beers.
The cashier told me he couldn't sell me anything until I put on a mask.
So I said "Thanks." and walked out with my free beer.
I refuse to walk around looking like a muzzled dog with fogged up glasses.

LOLOL!!!! (emphasis by me)

LOLOL!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Salt masks are pretty darn cool and clever.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just for the hell of it, I duct tape a coffee filter to my face. People look at me like I'm crazy.

And they're right!! But the subtle message escapes most of them.
edit on 12-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
Meant to add this to the other post... Germany too. Whoda thunk it...

Germany's toilet paper drive through. Im dyin here...

link   

You must not live in the US. These days, that very much is bullying. It's often coming at you with a sanctimonious, overbearing tone of moral certitude and they can get downright nasty if you don't comply and try to demure nicely.

They're like the Holier Than Thou Christian set. I'm sure you're familiar. They'll be the ones who will bypass the little old lady who clearly is struggling to get her groceries into her car in order to come lecture me because they noticed I had a Harry Potter book and I am clearly emperiling my soul with witchcraft or something.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Yeah well possibly I don’t understand but
That is in my humble opinion a crazy over reaction

From my perspective, warned about a mask and safety, swearing, receiving an apology, swearing again, that’s not balanced or how community moves ahead. That’s a breakdown of community standards
That’s the beginning of something that can’t be stopped.
Whoever orchestrated that hate and animosity in a civil society has won, that society ends, guaranteed

If you can’t see the simple logic behind what I say , sorry for you

That man sees the op again, after being told to F off, abused, maybe she needing help, he won’t, just walk away, maybe not from her but someone else like her.

If you can’t see it

Just to add, had a friend, unfairly treated by the police.
One day years latter he stood and watched a lady cop get beaten severely at the local pub by another person we knew.
He said he would and never will help the police, never help them in any situation

edit on 12-5-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If they make it compulsory to wear a mask in the UK I'm going to wear my WW2 gas mask with a metal box hanging from a rubbery tube thingy. Probably full of mouldy toxic stuff.

Either that or a V for vendetta mask.
edit on 1252020 by Tulpa because: Spilling

Or just paint my face green and put on a funny walk while saying "Smokin'!!!".
edit on 1252020 by Tulpa because: Addled comment....added

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, I get that
I get that as well from non Christians, there sanctimonious opinion and diatribe, carrying a bible, imagine?

But obviously I don’t understand what’s happening over there, irrespective, becoming one of “them” won’t work out wellTelling someone who apologised to F off, not a healthy mind to do that
Hate and animosity, fear and anger, bad chemical reaction ahead

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Jokes aside (break out the tinfoil) .. the demand for mask wearing... making it a necessity... also will be perfect opportunity to usher in facial recognition because of the mask obscuring a lot of the face. The software can use what IS exposed. Social distancing being permanent means its easier for tracking and contact tracing software to pinpoint you. Thats why its specifically 2 meters when most know, a virus travels a hell of a lot farther than 2 meters. So many things.. surreptitious things... changing the mindset of a generation to taint the future. It sure is a brave new world...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I think Chocolate milk is a great indulgence! Especially the premixed kind, it always seems so much creamier and smooth. I love it!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Agreed.

Gave up the booze years ago but I can always sink a bit of chocolate milk.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

As has been told to you, this has been going on for some time. It's the fruit of the politically correct, anti-bullying movement.

When we told people it was a virtue to micro-manage others in this way, it began. Anti-bullying in our schools went from stopping bullying to bullying the bullies, to forcing everyone to conform to correct thought with bullying.

Killing someone with kindness is actually bullying people to conform now.

And yes, that creates the things you see because it gives people like this man the feeling that they are free to impose their personal morals on others and it's a virtue whether it is or not. And it's just plain irritating, even maddening.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Saturday, while on an all day family bike trip around Anchorage, I noticed something that really underscores how stupid this COVID response is. Saw more families out biking the Coastal Trail than I've ever seen before, which is very good... saw many, many families biking with masks on, which is their choice but pretty dumb since any mask becomes ineffective once it is saturated with moisture from breathing into it. What really amused me, however, were the families who had their little kids on bikes with masks on not wearing bicycle helmets. I mean, come on people... your kid is so ridiculously more likely to suffer a head injury from crashing their bike without wearing a helmet than they are likely to catch Coronavirus on a suburban bike trail in Alaska. The absence of common sense, replaced by sheep-like behavior is the real human pandemic here.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The media only manipulates the easily-manipulated

There are a number of people who are literally ‘scared’

Every one of them think the mainstream media is a ‘credible’ source of information

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join