It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I'd buy you a drink if I could...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Somewhere near Pittsburgh, we had a guy not wearing a mask surrounded by about 6 people threatening him in a grocery store for not wearing a mask. He had a doctors excuse saying he couldn't wear one, but it didn't matter.

We worry about the police going rogue? Take a look at your fellow citizens!

PC shaming taken to the next level! add in the "snitch" lines and it's already heading to Big Brother level.
Why does the govt have to bother when people will willingly turn on their own friends, family and neighbors?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Awesome!!!

Define your terms and take your stand!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere

Is it possible that you misunderstood his intent? Maybe what meant was "You'll need a mask to enter the store, better be sure you have one or they won't let you in."

Or was he behaving in a bossy, in-your-face kind of way?

No masks were required to enter the store. He was just some stranger trying to be bossy. I had heard of instances of this kind of thing but it was my first time to experience it. People need to mind their own business.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

the good thing about germany: we are pretty well organized and the majority of people stick to the measures - that's why we have the virus halfway under control. in contrast to america. there are reasons why america has the most cases and the most dead.
- the incompetent government
- the many ignorant people who do not show solidarity
- the health system

i don't like to wear the mask, but i do as soon as i enter a store. doesn't hurt, but it's a little annoying.

stay healthy!

Sounds like you are not exactly over it yet.

www.cnn.com...

The last pandemic lasted two years and this one ain't going anywhere with or without masks.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
S&F.

Tell the Gestapo #s off every chance you get.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

the good thing about germany: we are pretty well organized and the majority of people stick to the measures - that's why we have the virus halfway under control. in contrast to america. there are reasons why america has the most cases and the most dead.
- the incompetent government
- the many ignorant people who do not show solidarity
- the health system
i don't like to wear the mask, but i do as soon as i enter a store. doesn't hurt, but it's a little annoying.
stay healthy!

If you read her post, she had a mask for any store requirements and was following guidelines. She was approached in the parking lot and was far from others. The death count is a result of creative accounting and most likely is not 50% of what is claimed.
The US government is more competent than Germany's. Your Islamophilic leadership has resulted in no-go areas after building mosques for the terrorist invaders and their cult. Prepare yourself for the Caliphate of Germany.
Germany was not a target for the virus and had fewer Chinese visitors and fewer citizens of Chinese origin who would often travel to visit family in China.
edit on 5/12/2020 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
" The road to Hell is paved with good intentions "..... Good Job putting that jerk in check ! Enough is enough with the mandatory masks agenda, other then high risk situations it's become unreasonable. Have people lost their dam minds, driving alone, jogging alone, etc. wearing masks ? How about commercials showing an electrical pole worker wearing a mask ? IDK, something feels sinister, almost punitive, forcing people to wear masks in low risk situations. This is my compromise to " mask situations " and it's kinda fun flinging around scarf ponytail ! Enjoy your chocolate milk

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

On mothers day, I had a family member "peeking through the blinds" at our neigbors who were doing a mothers day thing.

They said "they arent social distancing properly!"

I said "oh, you should definitely call the cops. I even saw some of them hugging earlier!"

At least it got a tentative "no" as a response to that, but there was some stammering first.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Wow, you don’t sound like a very nice person at all.
Calm down sweety, you are way over reacting

He apologised and you were still rude? Gestured to a man who apologised to “F off” over a face mask of all things

In fact, you caused a scene over somebody potentially caring for your health, let that sink in
Then, you probably can’t

I am sorry for your country, no wonder cops shoot first, over someone suggesting a mask

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's on the rise, apparently.

I had an encounter much like that last week, in our local Walmart. It was an employee. The cashier, who was, like most places these days, behind a plexi-glass shield, which I think is a great idea...

She started to yell at me, so I tapped on her shield, and told her that she was probably safe, and to please ring up my groceries so I can leave her space and she'll be safe, again.

Until the folks behind me, none of whom were wearing masks either...got up to her.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I just thought to share this... you know Ive seen people driving in cars with masks on, people walking their dogs on my block with masks on, kids playing at the schoolyard right by my house with masks on... wtf.. Everyone seems to wear a bandana everywhere now like theyre all bandits..

I need a tandem of mulch and I usually go to the place and pay for it, shoot the sh** and grab a pick up load of compost while Im at it. Nope. Its all delivery only now and on the phone. WTF..

I still cant find toilet paper anywhere but the wholesale restaurant supply store. Prob cause I dont get up at the crack of dawn and stand in a line for hours to get in walmart. Im getting tired of this nonsense. Its freaking toilet paper folks... I also have to get off brand bleach for my hotel crisp whites.. which I like my towels to be. Its not what I want. I want clorox. Theyre sold out! I have to order clorox (shipping is a bitch) and powder chlorine because morons are hoarding bleach!

Im an apologist when it comes to masks as I see theyre a benefit in some instances and that makes me a moron apparently, but people are going way out of their way to wear masks everywhere doing everything. Its weird...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If you'd bothered to really read the OP, you'd have noticed that she said she had a mask in her purse, and ready, if not willing, to comply with any store policy.

She also said she was parked well clear of anyone in the parking lot, and this "gentleman" accosted her over something that is really none of his business what so ever.

I'd had told him to go somewhere and do something to himself, too.

Given his behavior in the aftermath, I suspect that he saw someone he thought he could bully. Oops, guess not.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

He apologised and you were still rude? Gestured to a man who apologised to “F off” over a face mask of all things

In fact, you caused a scene over somebody potentially caring for your health, let that sink in
Then, you probably can’t

I am sorry for your country, no wonder cops shoot first, over someone suggesting a mask

You assume an awful lot for somebody who wasn't present.
That's okay... there's an old saying about people who assume!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I see where you're coming from. Honestly I don't mind wearing a mask in places where it's really crowded or if a business requires one for entry but I haven't run into that situation yet. It just riled me up for this man- a stranger who did not work at the business- to cross the parking lot to try to tell me what to do when it was none of his business, especially since I was outside with no one anywhere near me or my vehicle.

I think people who keep a mask on outside when there's nobody near them, in their own vehicles, etc. are idiots!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

“If I really cared to read the op,” really

Do you think I didn’t?

It’s rude to tell someone who has apologised to you, to F off with a finger gesture in my country. Maybe not in yours.
Cultural differences I guess.

I don’t care if she had a NASA suit and mask in her purse, she was parked 200 metres away and ready to comply with Fukushima daiichi radiation policy

Still in my country it’s disgraceful to tell someone who apologised for a mistake, possibly of concern for your health to F off

I did read the op, I think the attitude is poor to disgraceful
Country at each other’s throats

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Toilet paper is still an issue??

No idea where you live, but here--and, yes, it's rural Alabama--that's no longer an issue, and never really was. Now bleach and assorted other things of that nature...? I totally hear you, there's a real shortage of it right now.

Not so much hoarding, I think, as it is everyone wants/needs some...'cause Covid.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Then, you probably can’t

You assume an awful lot for somebody who wasn't present.
That's okay... there's an old saying about people who assume!

Sorry I read your opening post, it was rude and disappointing to think people act like you do. I think you are not a very nice person and anything more you say is irrelevant.
I didn’t assume, I read you told a man who apologised for possibly being concerned for your health to F off
I would expect no less from you

I was going to say, I hope one day when you apologise to someone, they return in kind but, I doubt you apologise

Search in the dictionary the word courteous and graceful, I wonder if it means the same in my country as yours?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I still shop at a Walmart that I worked at for several years (not today though). My friends that still work there absolutely hate having to wear masks but if they are caught without them- even outside- they will be fired. A lot of them are older people with breathing issues and they are having a lot of problems because of wearing them but even with a doctor's note there are no allowances being made. I sympathize because I have my own issues and can barely breathe with a mask on and can't imagine having to wear one all day, every day. I would end up having to quit.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

"I have a mask in my purse if I can't enter the store without one, but what I do or do not do is none of your (fill in the 2 blanks here) business and you can (fill in one more blank) right off!!!"

So you like to kill old people?

Mask is not to protect yourself, it is to protect others...just saying...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join