It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Wow, you don’t sound like a very nice person at all.
Calm down sweety, you are way over reacting

He apologised and you were still rude? Gestured to a man who apologised to “F off” over a face mask of all things

In fact, you caused a scene over somebody potentially caring for your health, let that sink in
Then, you probably can’t

I am sorry for your country, no wonder cops shoot first, over someone suggesting a mask

You assume an awful lot for somebody who wasn't present.
That's okay... there's an old saying about people who assume!

Sorry I read your opening post, it was rude and disappointing to think people act like you do. I think you are not a very nice person and anything more you say is irrelevant.
I didn’t assume, I read you told a man who apologised for possibly being concerned for your health to F off
I would expect no less from you

I was going to say, I hope one day when you apologise to someone, they return in kind but, I doubt you apologise

Search in the dictionary the word courteous and graceful, I wonder if it means the same in my country as yours?

Sounds like you need to read a few books on manners yourself Sunshine- this isn't the Mudpit.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that is happy to say your country can keep you!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I would have told him to stick it where the monkey put the peanut.
There is a difference in being an ***hole and reacting to an ***hole.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Accosted, did you actually say that, Acossted?
Ma’am, you need to have a mask” is accosting someone?

Or maybe apologising because they swore at you because they were concerned for your health or the communities health is accosting someone, maybe?

Fill me in here, not sure I am reading the “accosting” part

Ma’am, you need to have a mask and then apologising for saying that is accosting someone?

I think rude gestures and swearing at people is accosting, now who did the rude gestures and swearing?

Accosting, sure, I see that now

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

And in our country, it's pretty rude to go out of your way to try to tell someone else what to do when they aren't doing anything wrong to begin with like this man did.

So what that he apologized? He should have known better than to go out of his way to try to control her to begin with. It's not like he was just passing by on his own way in. He went out of his way to try to control her. That makes him as rude as anything she did.

link   

a reply to: Advantage

I see where you're coming from. Honestly I don't mind wearing a mask in places where it's really crowded or if a business requires one for entry but I haven't run into that situation yet. It just riled me up for this man- a stranger who did not work at the business- to cross the parking lot to try to tell me what to do when it was none of his business, especially since I was outside with no one anywhere near me or my vehicle.

I think people who keep a mask on outside when there's nobody near them, in their own vehicles, etc. are idiots!

Oh hey, Im saying right on to your response. People need to stay in their lane. Hell, they needed to before this we well, but some think its their right to say and do whatever they want to anyone they want to. I usually take that as a green light to respond in any manner I like as well.

link   

I have to wear one at work, as well. ...and the company is now mandating we have to wear them from the moment we step out of our cars, to the moment we leave.

I have issues wearing the damned things, too.

Not breathing, but claustrophobia. I simply can not wear the damned things constantly, so I generally find an out of the way spot, and take it off so I can breathe for a bit. Put it back on, and go about working, again.

Not sure how gung-ho they're going to be about this, so things could get very interesting at work tomorrow night...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I would have told him to stick it where the monkey put the peanut.
There is a difference in being an ***hole and reacting to an ***hole.

If you have monkeys putting peanuts in bungholes in your neck of the woods.. yall need more than masks.
edit on 12-5-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

link   

If a mallard duck smoking a cigarette talked to me ... my eyes would bug out too. Without a doubt if you started flipping too.

link   

The only reason that jackass apologized is because she wouldn't allow herself to be bullied.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm like you - mild claustrophobia with things covering my face like that. I have trouble with wearing a scarf even when it's sharp negatives with nasty wind chill in the winter. My nose gets frostbite.

Yeah, I have my little facemask for when I have to, but it's only on as long as it absolutely must be.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well it explains a lot of what is coming out of the US at the moment.
Kinda not surprised the hate and police shootings, school shootings, violence, politics, people are just rude and arrogant evidently

Well don’t “yah all”

With that attitude you really deserve it

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You did the right thing in my opinion, despite what others may think. My retort wouldn't have been as "courteous". I was going to share a story of a gawker I dealt with earlier while walking the dog.
But I'll get to my point.
My personal freedom and/or rights are not negligible due to someone else's fear complex.
I don't sacrifice my personal freedom on account of someone else's temporary peace of mind.
If they want to live in fear, so be it.
Just don't try to guilt or shame me into compliance.
You'll get the opposite reaction everytime.
Keep living Geaux, screw the haters and sheeple.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The only reason that jackass apologized is because she wouldn't allow herself to be bullied.

^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!

If I could give you more than one star for that I would!

The smug, holier than thou look was instantly replaced with shock that this little old lady didn't submit!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

“Ma’am you need to have a mask” is bullying, not just accosting anymore but bullying
Sure that evil man wasn’t carrying an AK47 and wasn’t reall Putin in disguise and our poor op wasn’t the embodiment of all of every US citizen being bullied by the evil Russians

Whatever, you deserve each other

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm like you - mild claustrophobia with things covering my face like that. I have trouble with wearing a scarf even when it's sharp negatives with nasty wind chill in the winter. My nose gets frostbite.

Yeah, I have my little facemask for when I have to, but it's only on as long as it absolutely must be.

I'm not fond of scarves myself, or turtlenecks, they make me feel like I'm being strangled. I'm even less fond of masks, I CANNOT STAND to breath moist, hot air over and over. It's not going to happen, and I'm going to Socially Distance my foot clear up to the knee up the first person's ass who cops an attitude with me about it (not really, but their ears are going to be burning the same shade as their face by the time I'm done verbally)

I have a mask, but one side's ear strap/elastic is busted. So I can at least pull it out of my back pocket, dangle it from the broken strap, and tell any bossy sissy to bend over -- lube's overrated and my foot's still looking for a new shoe, and don't ever mouth off & assume again.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I wouldn't expect anyone in a foreign country to see it any other way.
The bad gets headlines and the good gets ignored.
There is so much more good than bad.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!

If I could give you more than one star for that I would!

The smug, holier than thou look was instantly replaced with shock that this little old lady didn't submit!

Well done you didn’t submit and I didn’t say you should. I have never and won’t ever wear a mask either
If someone should tell me to wear a mask, I will smile wave and walk away, pay them no heed

I wouldn’t be a rude nasty prick and swear at them and then offer a rude gesture if they apologised and be all smug how tough and cool I was about it

Cos to me, that’s an over reaction, that’s just churlish and contemptuous

As I said, didn’t say you should submit, said you acted far worse than they did by swearing and gesturing, that’s hateful

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

“Ma’am you need to have a mask” is bullying, not just accosting anymore but bullying
Sure that evil man wasn’t carrying an AK47 and wasn’t reall Putin in disguise and our poor op wasn’t the embodiment of all of every US citizen being bullied by the evil Russians

Yeah, Australia is the shining beacon of good manners.

link   

Was he an employee of the store? No.

We he a family member? I'd say unlikely.

Was it his business? No.

He set out to bully someone, that someone told him to do something unpleasant to himself. You view it differently, that's fine, I view it the exact same way the OP did.

Wouldn't have told him to go # himself, perhaps--then, again, I might have.

link   

You should see what would have happened if a man whistles at a pretty girl.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join