It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Jaellma

Yes absolutely... Left wingers always race bait. Who do you think created the race card? Why do you think racial tensions were higher under obama than they were during the civil rights movement? Jussie Smollett? Attacked by MAGA hat wearing white guys. Tarmeka Moffit? White guys wrote on her car, racial slurs, then poured lighter fluid on her and set her ablaze. NAACP? NBPP? Sanders? Biden? Pelosi? AOC? Waters? Sharpton? CNN? ABC? NBC? CBS? All are race baiters.

Name one race baiter on the right.

Thank you for generalizing how a group of people who have a certain political affiliation are ALL race baiters? LOL. I can't discuss anything else intelligent with you based on that last comment.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

www.actionnewsjax.com... 6EQ/

Barnhill wrote that, although McMichael had his finger on the trigger, “we do not know who caused the firings.” “Arbery would only (have) had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/16th to 1/8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely possible,” the prosecutor wrote. “Arbery’s mental health records and prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man.”
this will probably be the angle they use for self defense that he did not intend to fire (but his finger was in trigger guard) oddly enough the cheif of police got indicted 4 days before the shooting for alegedly covering up one of his officers being buddy buddy with a local drug dealer who was banging a CI to get tips

That police chief, John Powell, was indicted April 27 -- four days after Arbery’s killing -- on charges that he and three former high-ranking police officials ignored evidence that a Glynn County officer was connected to a drug dealer. According to the Brunswick News, the case involves a narcotics officer who had a sexual relationship with a confidential informant. The indictments came amid allegations of a cover-up of information in a police chase involving the Glynn-Brunswick Narcotics Enforcement Team that ended with a fatality.

not likely to go to trial tell june ish and it will be key what charge they go far full on murder vs negligent homicide (ie the gun went off when guy grabbed it) and as one of the suspects is a former police officer who also was a private detective and had worked with the DA's office it could be assumed that he is smarter legal wise then your average suspect so if the DA is going for charges they have to be very careful what they go for charges wise

and now that its gone "viral" it could be hard finding an untainted jury pool

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

law.justia.com... GA statutes on the matter

O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010) 17-4-60. Grounds for arrest A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.
so thats the citizens arrest statute and they ASSUMED it was the suspect so on that aspect they may be ok but its kind of hard to tell from the video as the scuffle happens infront of the truck least when the first shot is fired, then you see them exchanging blows while the white guy tries to hold on to his scatter gun then i think the guy in bed of pick up pops him with a 357 then victim/suspect falls over after a short few steps .

the citizens arrest aspect is limited to felonies and here is the GA statue on that www.georgiacriminallawyer.com...

Degrees of Burglary You commit First Degree Burglary if you enter or remain within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure for use as the dwelling of another without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein. O.C.G.A. §16-7-1. A person found guilty of burglary in the first degree will be convicted of a felony and will be punished by a prison sentence of one to twenty years. If you are convicted of burglary in the first-degree burglary a second time, you will be found guilty of a felony and will be punished by a prison sentence for two to twenty years. For a third or subsequent conviction of burglary, you will be guilty of a felony and will face a prison term for no less than five and no more than twenty-five years. You commit Second Degree Burglary when you enter or remain in an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant building, structure, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, or aircraft without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein. The punishment if found guilty of second-degree burglary is a prison sentence for a period from one to eight years. Essentially the difference between First and Second Degree Burglary is whether or not the structure was intended to be a dwelling or not. If the structure is, in fact, a home, then you have committed first degree. If not a dwelling, then second degree. Our Georgia Burglary Attorneys can help you understand the differences and what charges you could be facing.
it would see the felony aspect of that would hinge on intent of the suspect/victim which in this case we cant know as he is dead as from the other article i posted the 911 call stated the suspect (possibly not even this guy) was just in the building not necessarily taking any thing .building was being constructed and un occupied and to the best of what i have read nothing stolen or otherwise was found on the man shot so the future case will hinge on a lot of factors some of which we can not know

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The amount of racism in these threads always saddens me man

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
Part of my perspective was the shotgunner's history in Law Enforcement. If a cop is 'arresting' a perp, and that arrest is being made with a drawn weapon, and the perp goes for the cop's gun ... it's gonna go bad pretty quick. And, it did.

ETA: Not tryin' to dox these people either, but the 'jogging BS' ... Ahmoud was 7 miles away from his residence. You guys buying into the non-sense that he was just out for a jog: When's the last time you went out for a little 14 mile jaunt?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edit on 652020 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com..../2020/04/26/us/ahmed-arbery-shooting-georgia.html

In a separate document, Mr. Barnhill stated that video exists of Mr. Arbery “burglarizing a home immediately preceding the chase and confrontation.” In the letter to the police, he cites a separate video of the shooting filmed by a third pursuer.

Mr. Barnhill said this video, which has not been made public, shows Mr. Arbery attacking Travis McMichael after he and his father pulled up to him in their truck.

The video shows Mr. Arbery trying to grab the shotgun from Travis McMichael’s hands, Mr. Barnhill wrote. And that, he argued, amounts to self-defense under Georgia law. Travis McMichael, Mr. Barnhill concluded, “was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.”

He noted that it was possible that Mr. Arbery had caused the gun to go off by pulling on it, and pointed to Mr. Arbery’s “mental health records” and prior convictions, which, he said, “help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man.”

After Mr. Barnhill recused himself, the case was assigned to Tom Durden, in the city of Hinesville, Ga., who must now decide whether to present the case to a grand jury for possible indictments. In an interview last week, Mr. Durden said his team had begun reviewing the evidence. “We don’t know anything about the case,” he said. “We don’t have any preconceived idea about it.”

The police report is based almost solely upon the responding officer’s interview with Gregory McMichael, who had worked at the police department from 1982 to 1989. The responding officer describes him as a witness. According to the report, Mr. McMichael told the officer that he and his son pulled up near Mr. Arbery, that his son got out of the truck with the shotgun, and that his son and Mr. Arbery then fought over the weapon, “at which point Travis fired a shot and then a second later there was a second shot.”

the lawyer for the two white guys is a shark and allegedly has video of the suspect/victim breaking into the residence which if true would be key to their defense but the lawyer is also going after the guys limited criminal past (the gun at a HS basketball game,some petty shoplifting etc) and some as of yet unknown mental health issues so i would imagine baring some stellar deal offer he is going for full acquittal for his clients. if the truck has a dash cam (no idea if this is the case just spitballing) we could see in theory the altercation in front of the truck where the first shot is fired but nothing has been stated on that front so its the two white guys and who ever was chasing and videoing the situation that are the primary witnesses ,you do bring up a good point though on the aspect of how cops react to people trying to take their guns/side arms it rarely ends well. i am unsure who the one with the shotgun was? was it the former cop or his son?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Part of my perspective was the shotgunner's history in Law Enforcement. If a cop is 'arresting' a perp, and that arrest is being made with a drawn weapon, and the perp goes for the cop's gun ... it's gonna go bad pretty quick. And, it did.

ETA: Not tryin' to dox these people either, but the 'jogging BS' ... Ahmoud was 7 miles away from his residence. You guys buying into the non-sense that he was just out for a jog: When's the last time you went out for a little 14 mile jaunt?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't get the reasoning here? So the fact that he was formerly a cop allows him to pursue someone with his weapon? if he didn't have history in law enforcement then it could be called murder? I don't know about you but if I'm being chased down in a truck and someone with a weapon I probably think I'm about to be shot, considering the one doing the chasing is not an officer. Going for the gun may be the only way i'm gonna live and not be executed on the spot, which ultimately happened anyway. I don't know whether he was on a casual jog or simply running through the neighborhood but neither call for being hunted down by NON or former officers. If a crime has been committed you still have to go through the proper channels right?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

i think the other member was trying to state the thought process for the former officer as its ingrained in them loose the weapon die if that makes sense. and you make good points as to the thought process of the victim/suspect to him it was to good old boys screwing with him. with this were gonna have to wait for trial to see how this plays out when the lawyer plays the video they allegedly have.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The article posted above does not state there is any new video. The video is believed to be the same one released according to the family attorney. The original attorney excused himself after the quote about the video and before this video was released.
If the other news articles are accurate in stating only one police report of a theft was reported in the first two months of the year and it was one of the accused who left his gun on the seat of his unlocked vehicle and found it missing when he returned. If he is claiming he looked like a suspect of this why didn't he chase him when the gun was stolen if he saw him?
Say what you want but it appears someone was in the neighborhood who "didn't belong". The 911 caller was asked numerous times what the jogger did wrong and they couldn't answer besides running through an open construction area and running down the street.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

NTY article does
www.nytimes.com..../2020/04/26/us/ahmed-arbery-shooting-georgia.html

In a separate document, Mr. Barnhill stated that video exists of Mr. Arbery “burglarizing a home immediately preceding the chase and confrontation.” In the letter to the police, he cites a separate video of the shooting filmed by a third pursuer.
Bold emphasis mine: on the pursuer who filmed he also was attempting to detain the jogger Per a heavy article,we have no idea on the identity of the Filmer of the altercation which is the bulk of the evidence we have other then the 911 call

heavy.com...

The video of the shooting was leaked online and posted to YouTube on May 5. According to the New York Times, the video was recorded by a third man who had joined the McMichaels in “hot pursuit” of Arbery. The video had previously been turned over to investigators before it was made public.
so that is where the video came from and had been given to police before going online but it appears he had two vehicles after him , i was incorrect about the guy in the truck bed firing his 357 as it appears per multiple sources all shots came from the shotgun not the revolver

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
I am unsure who the one with the shotgun was? Was it the former cop or his son?

Shotgun dude was the retired cop. I don't know if the son fired his pistola or not, so it's hard to say who killed him.

The gun at the basketball game: Was it concealed? Was it his? Was it a felony bust? All hushed up. Just like Trayvon's checkered past. If it was the two white fellas, you can bet your bottom dollar we'd know the full details of their criminal backgrounds.

Ol' DinDuNuffin had been 'working' that neighborhood for a while. After poking around at this off-and-on all day ... I'd have to say it wasn't likely he'd stop because someone asked him nicely. He picked that neighborhood to work because there's no need for a cop to be hanging out around there ... and he'd have plenty of time to run to his car and get away if anyone saw him "doin' his bidness".

I understand he stole a firearm from that neighborhood too. Not sure what liability issues that sets up in Georgia if a subsequent crime is carried out with that firearm. You'd probably have to be a lawyer to 'really' know. Folks in the neighborhood knew exactly who they were looking for. That's why the driver of the 'pursuit vehicle' was holding his cellphone in his hand and filming. Idiot move, but people in blood pumping situations ... They caught him, and DinDuNuffin didn't have a good story for why he was there. Couple that with the 911 trespass call and previous security camera footage. He knew he was gonna go to jail that very same day. He just didn't wanna.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think your line of questioning is on the right track.

Was the victim's vehicle parked somewhere between his residence and the crime scene? If yes, 1-2 mile jog seems reasonable. Does he have an acquaintance near the crime scene he was visiting? If not, WTF was he doing there.

How about his attire, was he dressed for jogging?

How about a water bottle, towel, signs of sweat on his clothes.

If he has a smart phone, BOOM, we'll know straight away if he was jogging or not.

Me personally, and I did often jog 1-2 miles in my younger days, I did this in close vicinity of my house, if not driving to school track or park. If I pull a muscle, which has happened, I can limp back home without too much difficulty.

I'm tired of this BS personally. Click bait title meant to draw a certain picture, evoke a certain response, and exclude certain key details of the victim.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
I am unsure who the one with the shotgun was? Was it the former cop or his son?

Shotgun dude was the retired cop. I don't know if the son fired his pistola or not, so it's hard to say who killed him.

The gun at the basketball game: Was it concealed? Was it his? Was it a felony bust? All hushed up. Just like Trayvon's checkered past. If it was the two white fellas, you can bet your bottom dollar we'd know the full details of their criminal backgrounds.

Ol' DinDuNuffin had been 'working' that neighborhood for a while. After poking around at this off-and-on all day ... I'd have to say it wasn't likely he'd stop because someone asked him nicely. He picked that neighborhood to work because there's no need for a cop to be hanging out around there ... and he'd have plenty of time to run to his car and get away if anyone saw him "doin' his bidness".

I understand he stole a firearm from that neighborhood too. Not sure what liability issues that sets up in Georgia if a subsequent crime is carried out with that firearm. You'd probably have to be a lawyer to 'really' know. Folks in the neighborhood knew exactly who they were looking for. That's why the driver of the 'pursuit vehicle' was holding his cellphone in his hand and filming. Idiot move, but people in blood pumping situations ... They caught him, and DinDuNuffin didn't have a good story for why he was there. Couple that with the 911 trespass call and previous security camera footage. He knew he was gonna go to jail that very same day. He just didn't wanna.

Wow..Snarl..I am surprised at the racial name calling and assumptions in your post. I was hoping we can have folks on ATS poke holes at the story until the jury decides the fate of the 3 armed perpetrators and REFRAIN from derogatory name calling, etc. I guess some folks just can't help it. A shame, really.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2020 by Cigarettes because: nvm

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

i am unsure the link i read it in stated it was a HIGH school basketball game so id guess it would have been illegal concealed or not solely for being on a school unless Georgia allows ccw holders to have guns on school campuses

and from NYT article it was two shotgun blasts one to the hand and a second one elsewhere that was what killed him ,first one to the left(?) hand that happened infront of truck then the second one that appears to happen either off screen or is just hard to see id guess center of mass after the punches were thrown ?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Some more things to note:

1. The deceased is a well known runner/jogger and was also a hs football player
2. The adjoining neighborhoods are heavily segregated and not as racially mixed as some would want to believe.
3. Person who recorded the crime was also pursuing the jogger and was supposedly armed at the time
4. The following day after the shooting, father of the shooter reportedly was bragging on FB how his son gunned down the jogger.
5. Even after repeated pleas, the video of the shooting was never released to the family of the deceased up until a "Good Samaritan" within the circle of family and friends of the shooter and company relented to good conscience and decided to release it publicly.
6. The name of the 3rd person chasing the jogger is Brian Williams

More to come

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

everything ive read says ahmend was in a jogging group on facebook and it appeared he was dressed for jogging (t shirt an what looked like basketball shorts which did seem to match 911 calls description of the alleged suspect. no idea on water bottle or other "jogging paraphernalia" he was young what 24? at least 20s or 30's so i could buy a 7 mile jog if its one of his hobbies more so in quarantine were gonna have to wait tell the grand jury happens in june to get more answers , so its likely to be a he said he said situation tell the lawyer for the two white guys either produces the video of the alleged break in or fails too to get any real answers

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I am guessing that their will be a connection that gets very little, or any, media coverage since the race card cannot be played

Like what? Because if unless he was in their home, attempting to break into their vehicle while they were in it, violently assaulting them or others they have no legal basis for shooting this person.

Actually READ THIS. The Man who was shot tried to grab the others gun. It was not being pointed at him.

The video begins with a man in a white T-shirt jogging down the middle of street toward a pickup. One man is in the bed of the truck and the other is standing near the driver's side door.

As the man in the T-shirt approaches, he goes around the pickup on the right side, and just as he's passing the front of the vehicle, he makes a left and begins tussling with the man with the shotgun.

A shot goes off, and the two disappear off the left side of the screen as the man who was running appears to throw a punch. The man standing in the back of the truck takes out a handgun but doesn't fire.

A second shot is heard as the men who are fighting are off-screen. As the men come back into view, both are still grabbing the shotgun.

The man in the T-shirt appears to throw a right-handed punch at the man's head as a third gunshot is heard.

The man who was shot recoils, as blood appears on his T-shirt below his left ribcage. He stumbles and falls in the middle of the two-lane road.

The man with the shotgun walks away as the other man runs toward them with his gun in his right hand.

www.foxcarolina.com... 7af13e334d80.html

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LSU2018

Why does the race of the jogger and killer matter?

Good question.

That article was clearly race baiting.

it matters because they're only 'considering' to press charges. if not for video...even with video no charges.

race matters a whole lot. saying it doesn't matter is worse than race baiting. a

Yeah reverse the situation if the tables were turned around and two black guys in a souped up ride with guns were in pursuit of a white guy running as a jogger or away from something, confronted him and a fight broke out where the white dude was shot and killed, I don't think they would be considering charges, there would be charges. We like to think we are past racism and it don't exist like it once did but i would bet everything charges would already be filed and they would be locked up and charged, Day one.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
really cool how the " defense " rests entirely on a video that

- is not accessible
- may not show the dude who was killed (how do they know it was him? how high quality can it possibly be?)
- defenders acknowledge may not even exist (there is a post by stupidsecrets in the last couple pages admitting this)

but hey whatever some sleazeball lawyer mentions it a single time so let's assume it's this ultra-hd masterwork where he shows his ID to the camera and then goes "i'm going to steal from these men because my heart is full of insatiable evil and nothing short of death will stop me" and then he kicks a puppy.

come on guys. come on.
if i was going to accuse someone you dudes froth for of something bad - let's say i call out Trump for kicking puppies - and i tell you there's a video of it that a lawyer mentioned once but none of us can see it but because of it he deserves death you guys would hang. me. out.
and rightly so.

Y'all claim to be post-racial, well, damn well act like it!
All i'm seeing here is the same old simmering racial tension as ever.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join