It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
There would be no vigilantes if he was not breaking in residences.

Irrelevant. They are not LEO.

Someone who shoots someone in cold blood is going to get a much harsher sentence than someone trying to protect their stuff.

They weren't 'protecting their stuff', their property was not burglarized. They were armed vigilantes taking the law into their own hands.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

That wasn't directed at you. That was directed at the race baiting headlines.

My point is that it shouldn't matter what the color of the parties involved are. What happened, happened, and color shouldn't play a role in how it's reported. It's done on such a scale that people now overlook the story. It's overplayed. A man with a gun fought a jogger and then shots were fired, striking the jogger.

The story of James Byrd was one that should be described as a true hate crime by white supremacists. I'm just sick of stories like this holding the same resonating racial tone that a story like that held.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Jaellma

People should be glad that those close to the McMichaels have recused themselves. If they hadn't, then we'd be hearing all about favoritism. Wouldn't you agree?

I agree on that. That's another story for another day. I'm more intrigued on what caused these 2 men to hunt this guy down in the 1st place. Don't you agree they should have called the cops? Real talk now.

Well you're the one who brought it up, I was just letting you know that it's a good sign that they recused themselves.

Yes, I'm intrigued to know what caused them to chase this jogger down. I'm also intrigued to find out what happened before the gunshots because the way I'm reading it, a former investigator held a gun as he walked up to the victim/burglar and the jogger punched the man with the gun and a struggle/fight ensued and led to the gunshots being fired.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I understand what you are saying about headlines but do you think if it was a white jogger this would have even happened? The 911 caller did not say a crime happened after being asked repeatedly. The dispatcher asked numerous times what he did wrong. The caller kept saying he's running down the street.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: cynicalheathen

There is video of him breaking in a home that day. It's totally relevant. If he does not break in he does not get into this situation. He is at just as much fault. He instigated it by committing a crime. I'm not justifying him being shot but understand, he is very passionate about breaking the law. Other people are also passionate about protecting their stuff. They are both wrong. Don't break the law first. Second, call the law and don't take matters into your own hands.

Both at fault.

You know this is gonna turn into the same BS the whole Martin, Garner, Gray, Brown all turned into where people like us research the facts and the others roll with pure emotion. Especially in the middle of an election year, especially with the desperation of the left wanting to win this particular election. You can expect all stops to be pulled.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yeah. A 'casual' search for the perp's criminal history shows him to be a bigger thug than poor ol' Trayvon Martin.

Thank God we live in a country where a persons past doesn’t condemn them to death.

Though by your post I can see that some people disagree.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If this was my son I would acknowledge he was a criminal. Wish he would not have been shot but his actions created vigilantes. I would let a potential jury determine the right course of action and stay out of it.

For whatever reason though, this is almost never the case with black family members. It goes straight to racism and their relative was basically an angel. Just a model citizen gunned down in cold blood which everyone knows is not the case. That's fine if they are upset about him being shot. Just honor for once that their son, relative was absolutely no angel and his actions led to unfortunate consequences.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
There is a good thread on citizen's arrest by Shamrock, this doesn't qualify.

Shamrock6 is one smart fella. Couldn't find the thread you mentioned though.

Xcathdra and TorqueyThePig are two others that might have interesting opinions on this event and the laws down there.

In any case, it looks like the incident will be presented to a Grand Jury for indictment. I guess we'll find out what's what and the taxpayers are gonna pay. Fatten those attorney's wallets right up.

I have an insurance policy for something like this. Even with that ... I'd expect to pay not less than $10Gs. So, don't go thinking I'm ever coming to your rescue.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

It happens just as often to white people, we never see headlines unless it's local. It wouldn't matter if the races were reversed and a headline DID make it to the national level, it still pushes my attention away now.

Joe Prock was a white man, 1 day into his retirement from the Shreveport Fire Department. He decided to go visit his mother and walked into her house being robbed by Felton Dorsey, a black man. Dorsey had beat Prock's mother and tied her to a chair. He then beat Prock, tied his wrists and ankles, doused him with gasoline, and set him on fire. He burned to death as his elderly mother watched, helpless.

Never once in those stories will you see that Prock was white and Dorsey was black. Not until the NAACP stepped in a few years later and said Dorsey received an unfair trial and had his sentence reduced.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I'm not saying you are incorrect with a family acknowledging wrong doing. You state his actions led to this. What actions by this man justified him being followed and hunted? Again, the 911 caller was asked repeatedly what the jogger did wrong. The caller said he ran through an open construction site and was running down the street. The caller could not come up with any crime committed. Also how does shoplifting some years ago equate to being chased and killed now?
edit on 6-5-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Hmmm, it may be imbedded in someone else's thread then. I know he covered it in great detail and explained how you were more likely to get yourself sued than anything else.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

I'm not saying you are incorrect with a family acknowledging wrong doing. You state his actions led to this. What actions by this man justified him being followed and hunted? Again, the 911 caller was asked repeatedly what the jogger did wrong. The caller said he ran through an open construction site and was running down the street. The caller could not come up with any crime committed. Also how does shoplifting some years ago equate to being chased and killed now?

There is a video of him somewhere according to the report breaking in a home that day. If that is true I still don't think he deserved to be shot but that is how things work. Shake hands with danger or crime and one may find out someone is willing to raise the bar on retribution.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

There is a video of him somewhere according to the report breaking in a home that day. If that is true I still don't think he deserved to be shot but that is how things work. Shake hands with danger or crime and one may find out someone is willing to raise the bar on retribution.

Please post the video for us.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

Please post the video for us.

It's mentioned by the lawyer in a report. I don't think it's public if it exist.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hmmm, it may be imbedded in someone else's thread then. I know he covered it in great detail and explained how you were more likely to get yourself sued than anything else.

When I was getting my CCW our instructor brought this up. “Now you have the right to defend yourself from imminent danger in your own home, but you’re going to get sued. It’s just what happens. Look up any case where stand-your-ground has been enacted and you’ll see it’s been countered with a lawsuit.” I haven’t done the research yet, but I don’t doubt it. A guy was killed down in Miami a couple years ago when he broke into an elderly woman’s home and she capped him, his family was on TV saying it wasn’t really his fault because “he only wanted money for some shoes, what else is he gonna do?”. You know with a mentality like that and ambulance chasing lawyers, a lawsuit will be attempted on the smallest grounds.

I’m hoping Donut Operator does a video on this. For you you interested in police shootings, I suggest you look his channel up on YouTube. He’s a former cop and basically debunks the race card/excessive force claims from 99% of his content, which covers every publicized shooting. There were some cases where he completely changed my mind on the situation. There were a few times he’s called the police on doing something highly unsafe, illegal or stupid. Definitely an informative channel.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

+1 for the good guys ... and the taxpayer doesn't have to pay ol' Ahmoud's room and board for five years.

Next!!

So the good guys are the ones that bypass court and take to shooting people in the street

thank god the police have to prove someones guilt first, you do understand why we have a legal system to prove beyond reasonable doubt and all that, or is that just to inconvenient for you, time wasted when we could just be popping caps into whomever you deem guilty

Having been burgled myself 4 times I still dont think the death penalty is required for any scumbag thief

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

It does not matter in the slightest if they knew each other or not.

That was flat out murder. You can not, in any shape, fashion, or form, justify as anything else.

Murder. It seems that they went out looking for someone to shoot...burglary was merely an attempt at justification.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

vigilante justice.

Vigilanteism (sp?) itself, is no crime in the US. However, that does not protect actions taken in the process of said vigilateism (sp?).

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It wasn't flat out murder. Nobody was even charged with murder. Wanting them charged and convicted without due process is not how it should ever work either. I would not want that for you or anyone else. It shall play out legally with jurors seeing ALL the evidence. Not just one video and then going off the rails with sheer outrage.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What I saw, is murder.

Let a jury make the final determination. I'm not a fan of vigilante justice. All too often, the wrong folks get that "justice".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join