It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 may be killing far more than reported.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hospitals are having to open things back up for elective procedures. If they don't they'll go bankrupt. They've already been letting staff go during the last month since they cancelled nearly everything and haven't been getting any COVID patients to make up revenue.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: SaturnFX

Once states come out of quarantine history, will repeat itself, until herd immunity, hope not... Or a vaccine. All you need is a 3 digit IQ to figure that out.

Honestly, if we could just get a good treatment I would be okay.
Give me some Covid Nyquil and I'll roll the dice. The flu sucks but better to get it over with.

I just don't like the idea that it will either make me feel a bit under the weather, or drop dead in a brutal way with nothing to push the odds in favor of full recovery.
The vaccine is pretty far away...chances are most of us will have contracted the bug before it rolls out...so a good solid treatment is more critical imo

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A lot of people have died from Covid-19,I think more
will die from hunger because of upcoming food shortages.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Snarl

Not picking on ya, SFX (love ya like a Brother).

You sourced The NY Times and the CDC though; Lordy ... Lordy!!

There was a thread posted a couple of days ago with people protesting exactly how unavailable those death stats just happen to be.

It's a miracle that they're all here in front of us today!!

I did look across to see if they had a link on bunkerconspiracysdaily.com...trusted news sources of course, but alas, they only wanted to discuss gay frogs.

People spin things, but the numbers track, so spin it how you want. Avoid the discussions on what it means and just study the numbers.

Did you happen to check the CDC's website after you looked at bunkerconspiracydaily.com? On 4/11 their coronavirus deaths peaked at 11,864. According to the data for 4/25, the deaths were all the way down to 2,167. Down almost 10,000 and fell dramatically for 2 weeks. On top of that, pneumonia kills more per week than the coronavirus does with the exception of deaths in the weeks of 4/11 and 4/18.

It's funny that you bust someone else's balls for conspiracy when they don't buy into the chart that you didn't bother to research, all while you created a thread that sounds like a conspiracy in and of itself.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I was at the hospital with my wife two days ago because she had to have a kidney stone removed. The hospital we were at is one of the biggest and best hospitals in north Louisiana. It was like a ghost town when we walked in there... No cafeteria, emptied vending machines, no gift shop, but the oddest part, ONE patient besides my wife. One. And then there two guys working on one of the escalators on the 2nd floor. I say in a waiting room for 5 hours but the room was an entire side of the hospital floor. We were checked in at the door on the 1st floor where we walked in and as her one and only visitor she was allowed, I had to have a band on my wrist. I was told that from this point, I'm not allowed to leave for any reason unless I plan on not coming back. No food, no water, nothing. Not even to pick my son up from daycare unless I planned on not returning. Empty hospitals are eerie. Eerier than the coronavirus fear.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Not sure where you are getting your info, but the death toll in the US is a high as its ever been with 2200 deaths yesterday.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I would genuinely argue that while stress "in the workplace" might be down.. Stress in general is absolutely through the roof, affecting significantly more people in general, to a much higher degree.

Immune systems are getting more and more compromised due to a decrease in exposure to daily pathogens. People afraid to get sick will tend to do the very things that make them more likely to get sick.

Medical conditions that would otherwise be treated are not. This alone could account for a substantial jump in numbers.

I dont believe it would "come out as a wash." Truly, look at how many health related deaths there are in "normal" times. Its absolutely staggering, many of them relying on ongoing treatment or otherwise.

Heart issues alone, coupled with increased stress, could very well impact a shocking number of people. ETA: Numbers wise: If we look at even a 1% increase in deaths from heart disease alone, thats (roughly) 15,000 extra deaths/month worldwide. Diabetics too, as well as anyone who relies on others to pick up their medications.

What I think would more likely be a "wash" is attributing cause of death to covid regardless of tests or accuracy, if not causing an overestimation for that specifically.

Things like driving deaths, work place accidents, etc. absolutely pale in comparison to just heart disease alone. And, the latter is frequently dependent on everything from ongoing treatment & emergency care to stress levels.

To actually get even a reasonable comparison, I think we need better numbers. I expect places like the NYTimes, and perhaps the CDC, know exactly what they have been doing though.

All that said, I find it rather immaterial to actually handling a pandemic. So.. Theres that too. I believe the critical factor is medical system capacity and capability.. Importantly, balancing it so that it does not *reduce* like it has been, and so the general populations immune systems dont become too greatly compromised (much less immune system familiarity to a novel virus). I fully expect a spike in illness (including SARS-CoV-2 & covid) as lockdowns are lifted, roughly proportional to however long the lockdowns end up being.

I dont doubt there is excess death, thats been my concern all along beyond a single virus or disease. My concern is.. How does everything from modern communications to overall decreasing immune systems and health (for years) impact the population when you completely upend their lives, limit medical access, make them doubt their futures, and bombard them with cultivated & crafted information relentlessly..

Very few think of anything outside of the context of coronaviruses/SARS-CoV-2/covid at this point, with a very specific context beyond that. Those neurological pathways have become habitual now, leading many to process *any* information through those channels (erroneously or not). Gotta watch out for it.. Because everything Im saying would technically be "covid-related," but most will likely take that to mean "infected."
edit on 1-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As many of us have recently hypothesized, it appears that FLU deaths are being attributed to COVID-19.

Source: twitter.com...

It will become much clearer when all of April 2020 numbers are in.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Someone posted something on twitter....it must be true.

Regardless if you believe it or not, COVID -19 was the leading cause of death in the US for April.

While the number of new cases and deaths have leveled off, they are NOT dropping. Because of this, I am concerned that opening everything up for businesses now is premature.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

The fear train has left the station; you missed your ride, maybe stop by next time or preorder your tickets.....

There is SUBSTANTIAL proof to the exact opposite of your claim, numerous threads about it and even doctors discussing it. They have attributed far more deaths to Covid19 simply because it was “with” and not a result “of” the virus....

If you look into your so called "proof" from the so called "doctors" you will find that you are stood on very shaky ground. You should always conduct background checks before believing in someone just because they fit your confirmation bias.
Ive looked at both sides of the argument and found that the "evidence" to suggest that covid-19 is overblown is extremely deceiving. Too bad you fell for it.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This thread just proves what I have believed since the beginning and that is that we don't have a freakin' clue what this thing is and how to deal with it.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

But they are making up for any undercounting in creative ways.

twitter.com...

edit on 5/1/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I was open to pondering possible scenarios as causative for the data... then I read through the NYT graphs, looked up the three writers/graphics persons involved in this article, and read the footnote on sourcing... which said:

"Sources: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (total death numbers); New York Times database of reports from state and local health agencies and hospitals (coronavirus death numbers); New York City health department (coronavirus deaths for New York City) | Notes: Coronavirus deaths for New York City include both confirmed and probable cases of Covid-19. The seven states analyzed were selected for their total death numbers and the completeness of the data for them."

Bottom line... it is all meaningless.

Now, that said... it is entirely possible there has been a spike up in deaths... ACTUAL Covids-19 deaths, and deaths from a pretty nasty flue season as well.

I don't trust the CDC at all (How many weeks did they stall, after realizing their Covid-19 test reagent was completely contaminated rendering the test ueless? WAY way to long... they tried to cover up their f*** up but got caught.)

NYT... man... if there's ANY political blush on something they are printing... their journalistic ethics go completely to hell. They just can not help but be partisan.

So... I think the death rate probably has spiked up... I think the NYT is counting far more death stats numbers than it normally does... and the NYT and others have been so untrustworthy over the last few years, and worked SO HARD at earning scorn over their errors and omissions, that they don't deserve our trust.

Summed up... likely higher death rates, and all things considered, inconclusive because of "boy who called wolf" syndrome at NYT
edit on 2-5-2020 by dasman888 because: Zombie pill bugs

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I believe the numbers.

When you shut down an economy and create economic desperation, violence tends to go up. There probably are more people getting shot and stabbed.

When people are afraid to go to the hospital, lots of people who should go to the hospital stay home. And die.

But I seriously doubt Covid deaths are EVER underreported.

I have yet to meet a single doctor in my whole life who LIKES getting sued for malpractice.

Therefore I seriously doubt there are any doctors out there under-diagnosing a known deadly disease.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Did you happen to check the CDC's website after you looked at bunkerconspiracydaily.com? On 4/11 their coronavirus deaths peaked at 11,864.

Who the F is talking about covid deaths?
This thread isn't about that
This thread is about deaths...covid, car accidents, making toast in the bathtub, etc...all deaths combined...

So let me walk you through it slowly then

in the last 6 or so weeks, the average death rates, compared to the last 5 years at the same time, has spiked DRAMATICALLY

SOMETHING is killing people much, much faster this year than the last 5 years (and no doubt of all time...less people, less deaths, etc)

What is it?
Maybe rabid raccoons have taken over all areas on earth and are secretly attacking and murdering people and its underreported?

Its almost like...I don't know...if I was a conspiracy nut, I would say there is like a global pandemic going on thats killing a ton of people...but naa, ATS has my back and says nothing to see here.

So hmmm....why are people dying at such a sky high number in any given city, state, or country..

If we only had some sort of way of finding out whats happening in the world.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
I believe the numbers.

When you shut down an economy and create economic desperation, violence tends to go up. There probably are more people getting shot and stabbed.

When people are afraid to go to the hospital, lots of people who should go to the hospital stay home. And die.

But I seriously doubt Covid deaths are EVER underreported.

I have yet to meet a single doctor in my whole life who LIKES getting sued for malpractice.

Therefore I seriously doubt there are any doctors out there under-diagnosing a known deadly disease.

No tests = no covid cases

There is a DJ here in Orlando whos wifes father died
He had every single symptom of the bug, and died from it
He went to the hospital, they had no testing, sent him home
he died
since he was not tested with covid, they didn't write on his death cert it was covid and therefore was not added to the numbers.
Did he die of COVID? well, we will never know because it wasn't tested. Even now, there are hardly any tests and its like nearly 2 months later.

You lot have a lot of feels and internal thoughts to conform to your biases...but hell, listen to real people and do studies instead of just listen to political hacks if you want to feel comforted I guess.

Its like, if you face the reality of what is happening, what would change in you? Suddenly you would want to keep lockdown going or something? no...you would just perhaps be a bit more careful when dealing with the general public and clean up a bit better. Ignoring the very real situation isn't going to make it go away though...and if you become really irresponsible, it puts others lives at risk.

Wash your hands!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What makes you think if the data is true the cause of death is The virus? What about suicide? Drug overdose? Home accident?

You’re attributing a cause to data without a link. It’s like seeing something blurry in the sky and saying proof of aliens on mars.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The title of the thread is about cov-19 death... a reply to: SaturnFX

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So I think the data is sort of interesting, curious what your theory is?

You don't seem keen on the idea that it might be heart attacks, suicide, lack of preventive and routine healthcare, domestic violence, etc. I get the impression from your comments and your post title that your theory is simply that COVID-19 deaths are being VASTLY under-reported.

Who do you think is responsible for that, and to what end? I can think of a lot of reasons to over-report, but having a much harder time understanding the motivation for a giant conspiracy to under-report.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Then people scream, “but they are changing all deaths to Covid.” Maybe some people should use this time off for reading comprehension classes. Also if anyone has a problem with sources, they should do a little research and look it up themselves. Maybe they will be enlightened by what they find. I’m going to do that tomorrow.

So I looked up death stats for my state: Wisconsin
Here are the stats for the last couple of years
551​​​​​ 576 594 ​588 555​ 573​

As of today 316 people in Wisconsin have died from Covid.
The average of the number above is 572 (all deaths in Wisconsin), which would be 48 per month
We are at 26 per with just covid with 7 months to go and this does not take into account other non-covid deaths...

Instead of big picture, I say take a look at death stats for your state and keep an eye on it.
We probably won't know until next year the full numbers....

edit on 2-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join