It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 may be killing far more than reported.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Pretty interesting. It does make one very curious.

Only wanted to add that it will likely be a few years before we can really know the accurate stats, if then.

Also, anecdotally, in March, about a month into the drama here in the U.S., a relative had a heart attack and a stent put in. And my hubby had a bizarre auto accident on a road he drives down every day, caused by a change in wildlife habits due to reduced traffic.

In other words, there's been a lot of weirdness and stress this last few months, caused by the many unknowns and drastic changes, that could account for some of the deaths. Not all, but some.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
It's frankly shocking how credulous some people's views are . There simply would not be mass lockdowns over nothing .

This has got to be a joke.

It's called history, you should use this time locked inside in government sanctioned terror to read some of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
the anomaly lies only within the NYC area. makes absolutely no sense why it would be that extreme. And don't tell me its the density and the subway. The difference between a 325% increase in NYC and the next highest, 120% in Michigan is preposterous.

Either they are flat out lying and making up deaths, or this virus has more deadly strains going around.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
So, do I distrust the data?

DAMN RIGHT I DO!

:

Care to offer up an alternative source of mortality rates of states from year to year?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ruckus49
Either they are flat out lying and making up deaths, or this virus has more deadly strains going around.

No doubt
And that is the conspiracy...
Why is it being reported far, far less than what the numbers seem to indicate?

Why are they silently killing off more than the msm is recording...testing issues or something deeper.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Pretty interesting. It does make one very curious.

Only wanted to add that it will likely be a few years before we can really know the accurate stats, if then.

Also, anecdotally, in March, about a month into the drama here in the U.S., a relative had a heart attack and a stent put in. And my hubby had a bizarre auto accident on a road he drives down every day, caused by a change in wildlife habits due to reduced traffic.

In other words, there's been a lot of weirdness and stress this last few months, caused by the many unknowns and drastic changes, that could account for some of the deaths. Not all, but some.

Sure, but less accidents overall due to less road rage/traffic
less workplace fatalities for obvious reasons
I call it a wash. less common accidents, more uncommon accidents

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe people are dying from the lockdown?

There was a huge drop in people being treated for heart attacks - one doctor said it might be because people are afraid to go to the ER. Add in the lack of routine check-ups and there's going to be people dying from lack of medical care.

Add in isolation of the old and sick. No one checking on them and short staffed nursing homes.

Stress and fear are terrible for immune systems - long term stress like this is horrible and really does make people sick.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So if NYC has typically 200 deaths a day what does the graph look like if you add an extra 600+ per day due to the virus? It may even reduce the 200 per day to 100 per day as everyone stays inside, but that is still 700+ total or about 4 times.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ruckus49

Or.. There are more factors.

Areas that are hit the hardest tend to also have pretty rough pollution numbers. Perhaps not a sole source of discrepancy though, but *if* constant exposure to various sources of pollution make a cytokine storm more likely.. Thats an issue. Population density probably plays into this, as well as transmissibility.

We must also factor in that once hospital capacity is at its limit, even if for a short while, it can cascade quickly. ETA: Notably, we are in the process of scaling back hospital and medical system capability nationwide, due to lack of patients, fear, and general approach. While also whittling down immune systems in large protions of the population due to lack of daily exposure to "good" bacteria, viruses, pathogens, allergens, etc.

It would also be prudent to examine just how protocol may differ between locales as well. Ventilators as a "go-to" is pretty clearly not effective (particularly with pressure), but as far as I know, NYC is still using that approach.

Being able to shift protocols quickly, and in real time can make a major difference all on its own. With what I assume is a higher baseline level of stress in general, and a cascade of the local medical system, they may not have the "luxury" of determining those changes. Perhaps also hampered by everything from hospital administration to local governments and politicians.

Im sure there are more, but those are the ones at the forefront of my mind. Regardless, itd probably be wise to examine NYC as its own "case." Clearly there are unique circumstances there, Im just not so it can be explained away by SARS-CoV-2 or covid alone..
edit on 30-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: incoserv
So, do I distrust the data?

DAMN RIGHT I DO!

:

Care to offer up an alternative source of mortality rates of states from year to year?

If you want it, go find it yourself.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Exactly, aside from the major outliers like NYC and others, if you look at other states the rate is roughly 5% increased from all causes. I imagine a good bit of that 5% is for the reasons that you mentioned. Heck my dad needs a lobectomy to remove a cancerous growth, it's taking about 2 months to get that scheduled. Admittedly I don't know what the standard time-frame on scheduling that sort of thing is, but something tells me it's less than 2 months.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

It's frankly shocking how credulous some people's views are . There simply would not be mass lockdowns over nothing .

It's called history, you should use this time locked inside in government sanctioned terror to read some of it.

How about quoting some history to back your point up . It's not like they ve put everyone in Guantanamo .
They've reacted to a pandemic with stinging death rate (12 percent) an unmanageable hospitalisation rate , (33 percent) .

Listen noobs if there's anything they don't want to tell you it's that this situation is so blinking serious that it has the potential to put everyone out of business , including trump government and military , for the foreseeable. If this gets properly loose , which it looks like it has done when Cuomo says 2 million new Yorkers are now carriers , you can kiss goodbye to life as you knew it. Do you think they'd want to tell you that ? That that's what is just round the corner ? Get real this is no joke.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just saw the dates. Here's a good part of the reason.

The numbers start March 8th. Hardly ANY testing was done at that time.

COVID was probably here and causing deaths - they just weren't tested for COVID.

Testing really didn't pick-up until the last week in March. Start checking numbers after that time.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

How about people dying due to not going to the hospital or accepted for fear of cathcing the virus. Violent crime has also went up around 80% in my area. Its also looks like they averaged the 5 year span in comparison to a single year why not just per year?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Last paragraph , well said .

That source is not getting info just to read the article can we get it quoted here please

Just come off a thread that's gone in 5 with a video that yt has been deleting . It's saying millions of cases , very few deaths , with a view of stop the mass quarantine. A lot of people are buying that line , as in it must be true because it s banned .
If there are millions of cases it looks like lockdown has not worked and putting anything but the potential ( alot of people very dead very soon ) could be high priority as of now.

If it was that virulent hospitals everywhere would be clogged with patients in all major metro areas by now
, ICU beds would be in short supply it's just not the case

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

How about quoting some history to back your point up .

I could quote some history but middle school has rendered that unnecesary for most people in the developed world. The best known examples are concentration camps and internment camps.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Well that's what lockdowns are for .
Let's hope those antibodies all those people are said to have , do the job they're supposed to, too.

Just because they have antibodies showing up , simply does not necessarily mean they won't develop symptoms . We hopefully have about 3 - 6 weeks to find out , if not a couple of years is how long it takes to confirm if a vaccination (exposure to pathogen ) is safe .

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Realistically, we see some areas simply hit much, much harder than others.

Its probably more accurate and helpful to examine consistencies and similarities between them.

What Ive seen:

1) High pollution levels & population density
2) Very, very similar protocols

If either one of those factors changes, we see completely different results and numbers. Even within a specific locale. i.e. a high density, highly polluted area updates its protocol paradigm and the numbers change dramatically (as with Dr. Yadegar at Cedars-Sinai in LA, or Dr. Zelenko in NY, or Dr. Raoult in France).

Points to a much different explanation than the virus, or disease, itself.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

How about quoting some history to back your point up .

I could quote some history but middle school has rendered that unnecesary for most people in the developed world. The best known examples are concentration camps and internment camps.

Good try but those are not worldwide, countrywide or mass lockdowns . Neither did they sacrifice simple economic continuance on the basis of publicwide health concerns . Banning freedom of assembly has happened at rare times and has never been popular . Which only backs up the point they wouldn't do that for no reason. With the likelihood of there being little left to live for , for most , if it was left unchecked , there you have the reasoning for lockdowns , which as was said was not done for nothing .. there's a serious pandemic disease on the loose .

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
So, using data and facts, it appears there are far, far more deaths going on around the states (and world) than is being attributed to the virus.

A graph demonstrates the typical mortality rate on any given year, and the highlighted bar is this year soo far.

Now, these are just all deaths, coronavirus, cancer, car accidents, etc. Something happened this year that has spiked the numbers up absurdly high in deaths.

How reported coronavirus deaths compare with deaths above normal
Numbers are from March 8 to April 11, 2020.
AREA PCT. OF NORMAL EXCESS DEATHS − REPORTED COVID-19 DEATHS = GAP
New York City 325% 11,900 − 10,261 = 1,700
New Jersey 172% 5,200 − 2,183 = 3,000
New York (excluding N.Y.C.) 142% 4,200 − 2,425 = 1,700
Michigan 121% 2,000 − 1,391 = 600
Illinois 113% 1,400 − 682 = 700
Massachusetts 120% 1,200 − 686 = 500
Maryland 115% 700 − 207 = 500
Colorado 116% 600 − 274 = 300

So even if you believe they are inflating the numbers with any given death must be coronavirus, how then can you explain just soo damn many deaths regardless of cause. Why is places like New Jersey peaking at nearly double the normal rate?

Anyhow, take the normal death rate of any year, add in the coronavirus reported deaths, and you are still 50-60% less than the gap...this means either there is a war going on and people are being shot left and right, or covid is far more deadly than the government is letting on (or just not able to test post-mort).

I know its popular around these parts to dismiss it because some doctor somewhere said everything is fine

Ya know, for a board who is endlessly going on about how the gubment is trying to kill them for population control or something, you sure look the other way when actual real potentials come up for some meaty conspiracys.

Anyhow, discuss amongst yourselves.
Source
Source 2

I am a trumptard and damn facts don't mean a damn thing to me. This is all a hoax!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join