It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Cuomo Admits its all BS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Here it is:

Speaking about his job as the host of CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time,” the Queens-born anchor said he doesn’t want to spend his time “trafficking in things that I think are ridiculous.”

Like “talking to Democrats about things that I don’t really believe they mean” and “talking to Republicans about them parroting things they feel they have to say.”

He also wants to stop analyzing the president, “Who we all know is full of sh-t by design.”

As a public figure, Cuomo said he has to tolerate other people’s opinions of himself — and it’s just not worth it to him anymore.

“I don’t think its worth it to me because I don’t think I mean enough, I don’t think I matter enough, I don’t think I can really change anything, so then what am I really doing?”

“I’m basically being perceived as successful in a system that I don’t value,” he continued. “I’m seen as being good at being on TV and advocating for different positions… but I don’t know if I value those things, certainly not as much as I value being able to live my life on my own terms.”

Cuomo Reveals what Everyone Knows

There it is. The guy admits its all bullshot. Hope he keeps the course and stays out of that horrible industry. Now wondering which Right wing pundits will follow suit?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Kinda sounds like he is tired of being told which side of the issue to push by his bosses. Sounds like he is saying it's all scripted and he gets his talking points from someone else. That he isn't a journalist but a mouth piece pushing an agenda. I agree Cuomo is "Bullshot".

Also Cuomo is a CNN anchor not a political pundit. By calling him an anchor it implies that he is unbiased in his reporting. So trying to compare him to rightwing pundits who have opinion shows is disingenuous. Like trying to compare Maddow to Bill Hemmer.
edit on 14-4-2020 by Meniscus because: Added to it.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meniscus

Kinda sounds like he is tired of being told which side of the issue to push by his bosses. Sounds like he is saying it's all scripted and he gets his talking points from someone else. That he isn't a journalist but a mouth piece. I agree Cuomo is "Bullshot".

I really hope so. All of these people need to walk outside for about a week and they may realize that selling your soul for the devil (ratings) is so stupid its amazing.

CNN may want to clean house, along with ALL others. Start over. Objectivity. Truth. No sensationalism. No party parroting. Maybe, maybe one day.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
originally posted by: ColoradoJens
Here it is:

Speaking about his job as the host of CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time,” the Queens-born anchor said he doesn’t want to spend his time “trafficking in things that I think are ridiculous.”

Himself.

ColoradoJens: Like “talking to Democrats about things that I don’t really believe they mean” and “talking to Republicans about them parroting things they feel they have to say.”

Like; I am a despot democrat that is paid to lie to my constituents.

ColoradoJens: He also wants to stop analyzing the president, “Who we all know is full of sh-t by design.”
As a public figure, Cuomo said he has to tolerate other people’s opinions of himself — and it’s just not worth it to him anymore.

A Narcissistic personality never becomes tired of ANY news regarding Oneself.

“I don’t think its worth it to me because I don’t think I mean enough, I don’t think I matter enough, I don’t think I can really change anything, so then what am I really doing?”

“I’m basically being perceived as successful in a system that I don’t value,” he continued. “I’m seen as being good at being on TV and advocating for different positions… but I don’t know if I value those things, certainly not as much as I value being able to live my life on my own terms.”

Cuomo Reveals what Everyone Knows

There it is. The guy admits its all bullshot. Hope he keeps the course and stays out of that horrible industry. Now wondering which Right wing pundits will follow suit?
edit on 14-4-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Did Fredo quit CNN? Usually people don't say how they really feel until they've quit or been fired.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Sounds pretty honest coming from another human. Im wiling to bet id even forget and forgive a lot of the other news pushers if they came out and said the same thing.

Most normal people are good at forgiving and moving on if the bs is admitted.

I like how most think this is side/vs side

It is really money and your position. People are more than willing to sell themselves out for $$ Sounds like the dude made a cost analysis and isn't finding the payment worth it. Then again, I am not going to hold my breath anything changes and he himself won't be back on tv. Its all show.
edit on 14-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Did Fredo quit CNN? Usually people don't say how they really feel until they've quit or been fired.

Well, considering the innuendo you traffic in, what do you think?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I dunno..

I dont really mind an individual being narcissistic, or even peddling nonsense for themselves.

When its institutionalized and national with pretty far reach (much of it indirect)?

Yeah.. I think thats a recipe for disaster whether its simple "ad revenue naivete" or distinctly intentional.
edit on 14-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

He is paving the way to run for office and act like he had too. Because of what he saw during the pandemic.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I dunno..

I dont really mind an individual being narcissistic, or even peddling nonsense for themselves.

When its institutionalized and national with pretty far reach (much of it indirect)?

Yeah.. I think thats a recipe for disaster whether its simple "ad revenue naivete" or distinctly intentional.

Exactly! Who isn't a little opportunistic? To say you've never cow-towed to a boss or owner is absurd. We all do things in everyday business that can be considered "narcissistic" when really it is just capitalism, lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meniscus

He is paving the way to run for office and act like he had too. Because of what he saw during the pandemic.

And it remains to be seen. Perhaps?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I dunno..I dont really mind an individual being narcissistic, or even peddling nonsense for themselves.

So; you have a less grievous problem with the 'Cheerios' brand breakfast cereal than you do with institutionalized fear mongering (resulting in death)?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I dunno..I dont really mind an individual being narcissistic, or even peddling nonsense for themselves.

So; you have less a grievous problem with 'Cheerios' breakfast cereal than you do with institutionalized fear mongering?

I won't speak for them but maybe narcissistic isn't the right word. Opportunistic maybe?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

So; you have less a grievous problem with 'Cheerios' breakfast cereal than you do with institutionalized fear mongering?

I won't speak for them but maybe narcissistic isn't the right word. Opportunistic maybe?

Does that make extermination 'OK' (we were just taking advantage of an 'opportunity' to do something).

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Does that make extermination 'OK' (we were just taking advantage of an 'opportunity' to do something.

Extermination ok? Not sure how that may have been taken from that...most people are pretty driven in business and they screw people all the time. From the taco bell guys to the Goldman Sachs VPs'. They think the same, they just don't operate in the same arena.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have a personal policy that hasn't made me any friends or gotten me hardly any stars or flags or anything else. My policy on TV people is this....

1. Never trust a man with a microphone

2. Never trust a man with a camera.

(*Or woman)

People who are on TV are there to put their stuff in your head. Maybe you agree with them and maybe you don't but you can't trust them as far as you can throw them. Not a single one of them. There is not a single person on TV that I trust more than 50%. Believing what you're being told by these people is like playing Russian roulette. Only worse because you may not ever know the real truth and they might weave you into a web so convoluted you won't know which way is up.

So my first question when I see someone on TV is this - "What do I have to lose if this person is lying and I don't consider that they might be??"

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Nah, I said what I meant.

Kind of immaterial to my point though; Im all for weakening CNN (if this even does that).

Id love to see the same happen for literally every major media network and all their derivatives. I cant think of a single one that doesnt have massive issues, all the way up to being a genuine "threat."

Hell, even so called "independent journalists" nowadays just give their take on.. wait for it.. mainstream news sources.

Given the seed-planting nature of what they do, I firmly believe its dangerous.
edit on 14-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: Too much genuinesness

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Does that make extermination 'OK' (we were just taking advantage of an 'opportunity' to do something.

Extermination ok? Not sure how that may have been taken from that...

You were pitting the Opportunistic persona against the value of the Narcissistic personality.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Well, considering the innuendo you traffic in, what do you think?

That was a question posed to you. If you don't know the answer, that's OK.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Nah, I said what I meant.

Kind of immaterial to my point though; Im all for weakening CNN (if this even does that).

Id love to see the same happen for literally every major media network and all their derivatives. I genuinely cant think of a single one that doesnt have massive issues, all the way up to being a genuine "threat."

Hell, even so called "independent journalists" nowadays just give their take on.. wait for it.. mainstream news sources.

Given the seed-planting nature of what they do, I genuinely believe its dangerous.

I think I understand what you mean, but for me I have to apply it across the board. The guy that lies to me about the cost of my basement foundation repair does the same thing as everyone else, its just relative as to how much it affects you personally. To me the $ amount i more important in my life than CNN's obvious partisanship.

I don't watch the news for a reason. If anyone believes it they are nuts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join