It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump I hope you read this. What do we need to do to start work again May.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Note to OP: Trump is not going to read this.

Nor will he think anything through.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

It's not that people don't have ways to handle this we can subsist but they won't be a reason to put to much back into the business because in my case our industry may not come back for 24 months or more. This hit right when most of our customers had their best retail sales of the year. Most stores especially the Mom and Pop stores lived off that income through the slow summer months till things start picking up again in November. Now we have stores flush with this season's merchandise they have bills on but can't pay for because the business has been dead for 8 weeks or longer. Therefore manufacturers don't get paid either which means employees and sales reps are let go and not paid. Normally we make enough in commissions the first 5 months of the year that pays for everything for the whole year.

I'm not bitching cause I know I'm not alone, we will lose retail stores and manufacturers permanently because of this and the stores that remain will likely be the last to recover when this is all over. Got to be dozens of industries that will suffer the same fate.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The president just said he's setting up a committee to restart America... state-by-state region-by-region.

There will be quite a bit of resistance from certain politicians, but what the people want who elected them, will prevail.

No it wont. What will prevail is what is best for the people and not what trump wants or even what his supporters want.
Lifting restrictions that are clearly working too soon will just result in a second wave of infection.
Only 1% of the population has been tested. We need to test widespread and test for antibodies too. And the opening of businesses needs to be done when it's safe to do so because dead employees do not contribute to the economy.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
No one is expecting the fed to step up.
No worries man.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
No it's not pretty simple.
Since we have not been able to even test to see if someone is sick where the hell are the tests to see if someone has antibodies going to come from?
Plus we still do not know if surviving this gives you any resistance to future infection.
Pretty simple when you don't understand the problem to start with. I'm talking to you Mr. Trump.
All he's interested in is making these daily briefings into a campaign rally.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What if this guy is right?

In this explosive second edition of Perspectives on the Pandemic, Professor Knut Wittkowski, for twenty years head of The Rockefeller University's Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design, says that social distancing and lockdown is the absolutely worst way to deal with an airborne respiratory virus.

Further, he offers data to show that China and South Korea had already reached their peak number of cases when they instituted their containment measures. In other words, nature had already achieved, or nearly achieved, herd immunity.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
instructions. I think if Trump would lead on this now we could maybe actually be ready by May. We have done and accomplished some amazing things in our history I think this could bring us together to fight this Virus and get back to work.
Any other ideas? Please

You could try to find patient X, AKA the first to be infected, you could also ask who were those responsible for the outbreak, and where were they from, and what did they do...if not just bats/specific types of bats themselves that is.

There is a lot of work done before this current COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan Guandong, (since the same scenario is not new) while the virus seems to be...allowing, perhaps a mutation or three.

Here's a story from January 2019

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It will take a while, and given that nobody seems to know the naughty bat as yet, (or is it all them..maybe not) since there is a plethora of bat virus'.

However, a lot of people seem to mess about with them, but asking Mr Trump to deal with it...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

What I'm talking about though is something different. PBS was only focused on the most dramatic people. I have empathy for your situation but not everyone is hurting. A lot of people are not hurting. I just laid out all the businesses still open. What about them. PBS only cared about showcasing one side of the story.

Why can't we hear about those businesses. I think they also have a story to tell worth hearing. So do I. I work in healthcare software and I've been working my ass off. I have too much work. Nobody cares about us or the businesses still open and working 90 to nothing. It's BS that only one side gets any coverage.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: putnam6

What I'm talking about though is something different. PBS was only focused on the most dramatic people. I have empathy for your situation but not everyone is hurting. A lot of people are not hurting. I just laid out all the businesses still open. What about them. PBS only cared about showcasing one side of the story.

Why can't we hear about those businesses. I think they also have a story to tell worth hearing. So do I. I work in healthcare software and I've been working my ass off. I have too much work. Nobody cares about us or the businesses still open and working 90 to nothing. It's BS that only one side gets any coverage.

Thanks for the clarification and I get your point ... and thank you for what you are doing it's vital to the whole country.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

Don't wait for further instructions. It's up to us to get on with it.

There are a lot of helpful things conspicuously missing from the conversation. So, it's also up to us to share them because the media won't.

If you or anyone you happen to talk is worried about having effective masks, direct them to this study which describes a salt treatment that's applied to ordinary surgical masks and offers UNIVERSAL protection from respiratory viruses spread via aerosol. It's 100% effective at preventing infection when the mask is worn properly and it's REUSABLE. The salt actually destroys the viruses in aersol droplets.

It's also simple enough to do at home. Dip a mask in salt water, allow it to dry completely.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

Trump can't save us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join