It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual BREAKING news: China Admits to Hiding Real Covid-19 Infection Numbers from the World!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Kinetic weapons don't live up to Hollywood. Barring a direct hit on a silo lid, a kinetic missile strike on a silo field probably isn't going to take out many missiles.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I do love that you think you in some way know anything about me, and can therefor make presumptions about me, my responses, or my train of thoughts regarding anything.

I believe that in all instances, if attacked, a country has the right to defend themselves against an aggressor. I also believe in proportionate response. Trade wars are done economically. True conflict met with force, etc. If China (and admittedly, this is an if) is responsible for deaths because they lied, manipulated data, etc., then a proportionate response would be the isolation of their country from the world until a government that is beholden to its people is put in place.
I believe the destruction of the world’s economy should merit an equitable response, and would gladly participate in a boycott of their goods, sanctions against them designed to diminish their economy, or a full trade embargo from a coalition of nations.
I also believe that if in fact it is found that China either manipulated this virus through experimentation, or deliberately lied and covered-up key facts about the spread of the virus (think MAD- mutually assured destruction), then we move from it being simply economic assault, to physical assault. In which case, I would fully support an attack on their political and military power structures, with the intent to be the replacement of those harmful organizations in order to prevent future pandemics, not just for revenge.

As for the war on terror- unlike you, I was there. There were almost no accidental attacks on civilians (called “collateral damage”) from allied forces, and absolutely no deliberate ones. The overwhelming majority of civilian deaths came from insurgent attacks led by groups determined to wrest control (and to cause further death) of those countries from their countrymen. Any other narrative is simply false. I know that I know more about this than you.

The only video game here is the Disney one you are playing, wherein the idea that totalitarian regimes have the best interests of their citizens, and the rest of the world, is a fantasy.
Neither of us have the complete story here. Neither of us had the facts. Therefor it is irresponsible for either of us to make assumptions about the complete truth of what happened, or to make blanket statements concerning reactions, retaliations, or punishments for those involved.

You don’t know me, so don’t assume anything about me. And you definitely should stop insulting me.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Actually- I condemned it through the statement of facts, by offering alternative response, and by gently explaining possible negative outsoles of their proposal.
I choose not to insult people, to “call them idiots”, or otherwise.

I will tell you, I’ve made some assumptions about you- you clear disdain for the west, your love and defense of authoritarian regimes, your admitted problems with freedom and choice, and your belittling nature that you see as right, and most people instead see as pompous- I have a pretty good idea of who you are, where you are from, and the unique situation that is your life- but I choose not to attack you.

You cannot avoid in the news now the OP that I put out days ago. The world, and the world’s experts, agree with my point- China has gone against normative behavior in their disaster response and reporting, and it has hurt the world’s ability to respond to this virus. You can deflect all you want. You can blame the world for their failure to respond in your proscribed way. You can insult people, and defend a lying and murderous authoritarian government. They deserve no such defense, but this is your choice.

But you cannot change one indisputable fact. China lied, and now people have died.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Firstly, I was calling people idiots becsuse they were saying stupid things like nuke China, or invade China. You do not think they are idiots for saying that, seriously!

I never said that the West killed thousands of innocent people themselves, but those ilegal invasions led to the deaths of thousands of innocent men, women and children, oh, and what led to these groups coming into play? Was it something to do with the West invading these ccountries and leaving them a complete mess, giving these groups the opportunity?

As for the rest of your rant! Go attack China, even just it's mitery would lead to world war 3, simple as that! So any form of attack militery wise is absolutly ridiculous!

Your assumptions of me, is based from the fact that I disagree with you! Because I disagreedwith you, then thst mskes me a communist lololol

edit on 1-4-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well it seems that this form of lying by China may be more widespread than thought.

I do not want world war three. However, what response should we have? I advocate for a trade embargo, but also acknowledge that they would consider this tantamount to war. This is how Communist regimes react to normative expectations. So our choice is to ignore their bad behavior, or give in to bellicose threats?

China has already killed thousands through their lies. Blaming western nations for failure to respond as the totalitarian regime did, when in fact we were given partial, and false, data from China is wrong.
So what is your opinion? Do we just pretend that they didn’t do this? Do we just solve this problem and ask them to not do it again? Because, NEWS FLASH, this is not their first time lying about pandemics.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And meanwhile, while no one is paying much attention(publicly) , the Chinese set up "research stations" on Fiery Cross Reef, which is supposed to belong to the Philippines. They're using Y-8 cargo planes to resupply.
edit on 4/1/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I do not want world war three. 

I bloody hope you do not want a ww3, because it will be a war to end all wars! Millions of innocent men, women and children will die, and all for what? Sociopaths who act lime children and do not give a crap about you or me!

However, what response should we have?

Well, a response that would not mean millions of innocent people would be a good start, don't you think?

I advocate for a trade embargo, but also acknowledge that they would consider this tantamount to war. This is how Communist regimes react to normative expectations. So our choice is to ignore their bad behavior, or give in to bellicose threats?

If the Chinese are guilty of this, then there are other routes to go down instead of causing a ww3!

China has already killed thousands through their lies. Blaming western nations for failure to respond as the totalitarian regime did, when in fact we were given partial, and false, data from China is wrong.

That is simply not true! We knew well before the first infections hit the West what this virus was. We were talking about it here way before the first infections hit. So are you saying we knew about it, yet our governments did not? Trump was even bring his idiot self when it broke in America say it was nothing to worry about, and that the flu kills me people! He, and other leaders including my own made huge mistakes at trying to contain the virus! And thst is not China's fault!

So what is your opinion? Do we just pretend that they didn’t do this? Do we just solve this problem and ask them to not do it again? Because, NEWS FLASH, this is not their first time lying about pandemics.

My opinion is if they are guilty, then there are ways to punish then that do not involve invasions or war. That should be the last bloody thing people should be mentioning. Like I said, it would be ww3, and an end to all wars, most prob all over lives. So try and use a bit of logic here! Just a little bit!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Once again, you are failing to acknowledge that China lied, and that there most likely WASN’T time to respond due to those lies!
(Apparently, I need to break this down, one more time- Most health experts world wide questioned even the Wuhan quarantine at the time. Even in hindsight, we still would have not had such a large impact. China locked down Wuhan in the last week of January. Meaning all of the people who spread this world wide were already spreading it. Meaning the first person sick in January- that we know of- in the US, had ALREADY BEEN SPREADING IT FOR WEEKS. And because we did not know key Info, we did not know it was spreading from even asymptomatic people. AND those people could not be screened at airports. So your idea of us locking down at the same time as Wuhan was already too late in many respects, EVEN if our government had a mandate to do so.

Dude. Seriously. Read the article. It says that China knew as early as November what they were dealing with. DO YOU DENY THIS?

Second- China told the WHO, the organization that is traditionally the one stop shop far all facts in relation to such matters, that this was not transmittable from human to human contact. They said this on January 15th. DO YOU DENY THIS?

They have not been counting Asymptomatic people who have tested positive for the virus. DO YOU DENY THIS?

China has lied in the VERY recent past about the number of impacted people, Including infected and dead, in regards to another pandemic. DO YOU DENY THIS?

I will not argue for the most obvious fact- they have been denying the number of sick and dead, instead downward projecting and hiding numbers- because it is not yet irrefutable.

I have explained, in detail, the impact of false numbers on mitigation efforts by countries, especially during the modeling phase, when the most critical thing you need is honest and accurate information. I have detailed why this prevented democratically elected governments from initiating draconian mitigation efforts- as most western democracies and representative republics require information that would verify the need for such efforts.

With China lying as late as the end of January (mere days before a US travel ban), it would be nigh impossible to insist people stop the economy and lock themselves in their homes. This does not abdicate these countries of all fault, but should impress upon you why it was so god-awful for China to LIE, HIDE FACTS, and refuse to follow normative statistic gathering and procedures.

Finally- let’s take a look at what was going on in late January; the President of the US was under impeachment. I am surely positive that if he had called for a National quarantine, there is no way that it would be called a political decision, is there? “President Trump is a Nazi!”
Think of the democratic primaries- cancelled? “Trump is just trying to harm his opponents and suppress votes!!”
The Super Bowl- cancelled? “Trump is just trying to distract from his impeachment! Reeeee!”

We have elected governments, and they require the will of the people to act- especially in such an extreme manner!

I am not saying Trump was perfect(far from it), but there is NO WAY that his political opponents, and 50% of America, would have followed his guidance. Not unless we had HONEST INFORMATION from those jackbooted, totalitarian screwballs who only care about power, power, power. Oh, and putting religious minorities in concentration camps.

Lastly- I did not say war was the only option. I merely said that if we were to boycott, sanction and embargo them in retaliation (with the hope of preventing future bad behavior), they would treat such an act as an act of war. Do your own research, this is how they conduct themselves. Which means any punishment we serve will most likely result in a war. SO MY QUESTION STILL STANDS- what is your suggestion for how we punish them, assuming the facts and theories hold true?
edit on 1/4/2020 by ThouArtGod because: Add one sentence

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Mainstream media starting to do their job exposing this. I have to believe intelligence knew this all along, since I sure did. unfortunately there has always been a gap in getting intel shared properly, even with the White House.

China lied about coronavirus, putting world in jeopardy, US intelligence agents say

In a classified report sent to the White House, the officials said that China's public record of COVID-19 infections was deliberately deceptive and incomplete.

Bloomberg, which first reported the news, cited three U.S. intelligence officers who they said they alerted the White House last week to Beijing's misleading numbers. Two of the three sources called the numbers flat-out fake.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Mainstream media starting to do their job exposing this. I have to believe intelligence knew this all along, since I sure did. unfortunately there has always been a gap in getting intel shared properly, even with the White House.

China lied about coronavirus, putting world in jeopardy, US intelligence agents say

In a classified report sent to the White House, the officials said that China's public record of COVID-19 infections was deliberately deceptive and incomplete.

Bloomberg, which first reported the news, cited three U.S. intelligence officers who they said they alerted the White House last week to Beijing's misleading numbers. Two of the three sources called the numbers flat-out fake.

So I told my wife that I was shocked the statement that led this OP was just buried in that article, and not featured as a key point. I jokingly told her that the msm read this thread and it alerted them. In reality, someone from my field probably read either the article, or an intel report, and alerted the MSM who might have been talking to the DEM people on background. Once they looked up why this detail was so important, you see the resultant articles and attention.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So they lied as everyone suspected and even on here on ATS in all the forums showing numbers not adding up with death rate climbing over cases. Means it is out in the wild and not contained. Then it took a while to figure out just what the hell we're dealing with and the incubation period. I mentioned that pages back. If they are capable of lying about the numbers, then they are also capable of lying about where it came from. Investigate the names of the people working in the lab and cross check it with names of early on cases. I am curious to see if any of those that worked at the lab was also infected early on. They will probably never do that and if they ever do, they would never tell anyone the truth. So we got a level 4 lab right smack in the middle of Wuhan epicenter within a small distance of crowded markets. A virus completely new. What a coincidence.
edit on 1-4-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So, just to be clear- are you going to answer my very direct questions? I mean, there is no dancing around them, as you have with all of my evidence thus far.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join