It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a "Stay at Home Order" mean for YOU?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4 The city I live in here in Florida, like many other city's in America, have instilled a sort of curfew on us already by closing stores (the ones still operating) by 8:00. Basically after that there's no place to go if you wanted to. How is this helping? You are forcing more people to be in the stores during these limited hours, thus making social distancing that much harder.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Yeah. I decided some time ago I didn't want to live someplace where you can die if you get stuck outside for a few hours.

Snow is for playing in, not living in.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Demodale

It does give the stores a chance to do a good cleaning. Assuming they have bleach.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

Not bragging but I lived a spartan life before all this. For me little has changed. I wear a modified fine particle filter mask and walk around NYC like Bane in Gotham but other than that I dont care. Its the same. I work since Im essential services and I follow my routine. Its safe already.

My family though. Switching to home schooling wasnt the hard part. We augment and complement our kids crappy educations anyways. Its the time in isolation from others thats affected them. Virtual class is cool for the oldest. That was great work on the part of the NYC board of education. Short order but damned good. They get a win.

The youngest has a real need for social learning environments. Kids need to learn and practice what they learn on other kids. We're a tiny and fractured family so there are no kids. Everyone is in lockdown.

The hard part is keeping them from losing it. They dont know better and are still learning. My youngest thinks Coronavirus is like a ghost or something that makes you sick.

I cant imagine what they will think of the world if they start seeing bodies and suffering like in Italy or Spain.

We will get through it but I wanted them to be happier than me. I dont think happiness is the issue. Being able to enjoy it is.

I want them to know peace and its looking like either a pandemic or an economic collapse might have other plans.

War is probably coming. I dont know. Im ready I guess. Its the people who arent that really occupy my thoughts. Not that they wont make it but that they wont be happier than me.

Also, what if we lose some of us along the way. I wont think it, but I cant avoid saying it now. None are immortal.

Who cares about the woe. Lets just keep building up the world and the apocalypse be damned. I dont feel like letting die. No one does.

Its more in the mind scape. We can also just choose to be happy. So I may be worrying for nothing in that regard.

Life is life even now I guess.

edit on 25-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Then there's that thing where you go to the hardware store to get what you need, get home and realize you also need that other thing. And this is after you've dismantled everything so you can't turn the water back on.

Again, correct

From my experience, plumbing issues take a minimum of three trips lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yeah. I decided some time ago I didn't want to live someplace where you can die if you get stuck outside for a few hours.

I totally agree. It's just not natural.

I try to tell people all the time how unrealistic it is to live in an area where if you went outside(naked, I always throw that in there) that you couldn't survive for more than 30 minutes.

That's not natural. I'm about 2 hours from the canadian border. Worst yet, in one of the states that always seems to be on the ass end of the of the arctic dip of temps. It's usually the coldest damn state in all the US for most days(when I watch the weather).

I'm packing up and heading south, don't know where, but wherever there isn't this crap.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Screw a stay at home "order". I'm not going to be conditioned by anyone or anything in this manner. We need to make the sacrifice anyway and start some herd immunity, instead of herd mentality.

We're supposed to exercise social distancing, which divides us and isolates us from family and friends, but it's okay to go to the store, shop around people, stand in line with people, etc.

The ol' not here, but here mindf##k.

Nope not me.

I'll come and go as I please.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I should have included in my OP:

Venturing out for:

Pellets for your grill
Random screws
Mulch
Potting soil
Sand paper
Paint
"Just looking around"
etc...

are NOT essentials.

While you may think they are, you might want to think again.

Repairing your sink or toilet, or unclogging a drain, are essential...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So did I. Two winters in Korea, and I had enough. I swore, I would never do winter, again...

I spent over half of my Air Force career, in southern Arizona. Spoiled.

Yet...as cold and crappy, as north Idaho gets... I love this place...

We had an inch of snow this morning... and, I had my morning coffee, watching two bald eagles circle overhead... how cool is that? That, is my "everyday"... I'm pretty OK with it...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4
I should have included in my OP:

Venturing out for:

Pellets for your grill
Random screws
Mulch
Potting soil
Sand paper
Paint
"Just looking around"
etc...

are NOT essentials.

While you may think they are, you might want to think again.

Repairing your sink or toilet, or unclogging a drain, are essential...

You really can't blame people, though, they're bored. If you have nothing to do at home already, then you will need to buy something to do. As it stands, all we have left to do in our home for spring cleaning is the basement. That's it. It's too early for gardening, and the kids can only partake in their hobbies for so long before it feels redundant (same goes for us adults) Offhand, I can't think of anything I would want to cobble together to keep occupied, but between my husband and younger kid, they could come up with something in no time that requires a hardware store trip.

Again, you can't blame people for being bored. If there's nothing to do at home, of any kind, they will either go out and find it, or go out and buy it. You just have to understand and accept that.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

North Idaho. Not just regular Idaho. North Idaho.

I do miss watching raptors. There are Hawaiian hawks ( i'o) on the island of Hawaii, but not on Oahu. They got extincted.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

To me it means you keep your butt home. You order what you can online and only go to the store if absolutely necessary.

Sad that people are both dumb and bullheaded

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Stay at home order (or in my state "Healthy at Home") means stay my butt at home and only going out for supplies when necessary. Today I spent a lovely afternoon planting all kinds of vegetables for my annual container "jungle" out on the patio. The downstairs neighbor (a lovely young woman) heard me and yelled up to offer an additional 1/2 bag of potting soil so I went down and we talked a bit- maintaining well over 6 feet of distance- then I went back to my happy planting.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

North Idaho. Not just regular Idaho. North Idaho.

I do miss watching raptors. There are Hawaiian hawks ( i'o) on the island of Hawaii, but not on Oahu. They got extincted.

With a slight helping wind, I can hit Canada with a 3-iron.

Idaho is a pretty big state. I was just offering context.

(To all Canadians in southern Alberta... if you find a Titleist 1, with a small "Baby Yoda" ball mark... send those to Red Green, care of the CBC)
edit on 26-3-2020 by madmac5150 because: Long live possum lodge

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Sounds like you're working on a shopping list.

"Honey do?"

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes. Yes I can blame people. I don't want to contract this any more than the the next person doesn't want to. How do I know that you, by coming in my place of business, do not already have and are sharing?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

(To all Canadians in southern Alberta... if you find a Titleist 1, with a small "Baby Yoda" ball mark... send those to Red Green, care of the CBC)

I wasn't going to say anything about "hitting" Canada. But what did Canada ever do to you?

link   
a reply to: Phage

Watch el hoyo.

Its in Spanish but has subs of course.

Great reflection on society.

I'm very rarely shaken by something I watch but that did it.
edit on 26-3-2020 by Tim2win because: because im a retard

edit on 26-3-2020 by Tim2win because: being an arse

link   

Wish it was...but these are the kinds of things that people are shopping for...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Could be worse. That always happens to me when I'm working on my car, then I have to put it together just to go get another part.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join