It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a "Stay at Home Order" mean for YOU?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Go poop in a hole in the back yard, get a life straw for the creek

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Nah. I'll get a faucet core, wax ring, and fix 'em.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

lol I'll pay you 10.fitty to be my handy man!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

" you can get arrested and fined charged with a misdemeanor if you violate. "

That would be Considered a Violation of your Constitutional Rights . litigation would be in order , and in this case , the Mayor would be Subpoenaed in a Court .
edit on 25-3-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: edaced4

Broken water faucet. Yeah, pretty essential.
Broken toilet. Yup.

Things break. Things that need fixing.

100% correct. However, these kinds of thing I haven't been seeing the past few days...

It's "I'm rebuilding a lamp", "I need some random screws to finish this project", "I need furnace filters"...

Things like that...I consider those non-essintial. Maybe just me...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I ain't coming into your house. No way.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
A hardware store could be considered essential. They usually carry plumbing supplies and electrical supplies. They often carry cleaning supplies and gas cans and parts to repair stuff around the house. Snowshovels and brooms are needed too, in case the wife breaks the broom over the husbands head because he is driving her crazy. How about the paint to paint the room that the wife just had to have fixed since her husband is off of work? See, who determines what stores are necessary, in this state it is the female governor, in other states the governors wives tell them what stores need to be open too.

Paint is NOT an essintial item!!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah. But it does fight boredom.

I'm thinking I might reglaze some windows. Don't really know how to do it but I'm a quick study and there's a ton of youtube videos on it.

But then I'd have to go to the hardware store to get putty. Nope.

But, if my faucet breaks, and I have to go to the store...

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It means I still work, and have to commute, while everyone stays at home (I work in one of those 'essential industry' jobs).

I was hoping to just lol around the house in my slippers with a gin & tonic.

If I thought I could get away with that...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Broken water faucet. Yeah, pretty essential.
Broken toilet. Yup.

Things break. Things that need fixing.

We had a major winter storm, less than two weeks ago. We lost power, which meant we lost our well pump... so, no water. It then got COLD... frozen pipes, frozen pump, no electricity for two days...

We watered the animals, from a small creek on the property... horses, alpacas, goats, birds... all of them. We filled, and hauled 60 gallons a day... We flushed our toilet, with creek water for days... when things take awhile to fix, you make do...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Dunno heard it on the radio, they are working on a curfew also, maybe it has to do with that. Crazy times.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

covo 19 is not a excuse for murdering your spouse

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Kauai county has a curfew.
www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

So I fly for my job about 50% of the time, that's gone away and it turns out I can do 100% of my job working from home via Teams or other meeting software. I know it's not the same as being in front of a client and working with them directly, but it's cheaper for them and considerably easier on me. I get to sleep in my bed with my wife, eat food that I want to eat, and there's no awkward happy hours with co-workers that I don't particularly care for. So, aside from a trip in the car to collect pokestops that my wife and I do in the evenings, we don't come into contact with any other people. We've had 2 Amazon fresh deliveries for items that I don't normally keep on hand, but had a craving for. We do have to venture out to pick up some prescription medication tomorrow, but that will be via the drive up at the pharmacy.

Other than that, no real changes, not getting cabin fever or anything. Doing a lot of 3d printing, and have ordered a few more spools of filament and a new extruder. I sincerely hope that when all of this is over my job realizes that we don't need to be in front of clients, and it's considerably cheaper for them to have us work remotely, also much less stressful on us.

Edit: I could go to the hardware store and pick up a few things for building an enclosure, but not critical so no need. The parts I printed aren't going to go anywhere anytime soon.
edit on 3/25/20 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Ain't got no creek. But there is an ocean right in front of me.
Not too good for the plumbing though, or the critters.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Actually was very thankful today that the local hardware store was open, as we don't know what we would have done after the plumbing went down. Go to a hotel and lockdown? So for us and other families with homes that may have minor or major emergencies, it matters.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yeah. But it does fight boredom.

I'm thinking I might reglaze some windows. Don't really know how to do it but I'm a quick study and there's a ton of youtube videos on it.

But then I'd have to go to the hardware store to get putty. Nope.

But, if my faucet breaks, and I have to go to the store...

Like you said...the putty to reglaze is not important. However, if your faucet breaks, you better be able to figure out what you need. 8 times outta 10 it's a no go...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Doesn’t mean anything to me. I still go about my business as usual, other than being put out of work due to a bunch of pushovers willing to allow there government to trample their rights. All so you can feel “safe”. If your scared of the virus I’d suggest staying home because I don’t practice social distancing and will not self quarantine. If you don’t like it, well you can just sit there and not like it just like I don’t like people destroying people’s careers and taking away my rights over their fears..

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Then there's that thing where you go to the hardware store to get what you need, get home and realize you also need that other thing. And this is after you've dismantled everything so you can't turn the water back on.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

Ain't got no creek. But there is an ocean right in front of me.
Not too good for the plumbing though, or the critters.

I do miss hearing the ocean... the sound of crashing waves, is certainly better than hearing tons of white bull-$h!t drifting over our driveway... or, the sound of a snow-plow destroying our mailbox for the fifth straight year...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join