It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Yeah I’m with you completely.

I feel this is a real pivotal moment for the World (an obvious thing to say). Not only does this virus look much worse than previously portrayed (potentially catastrophic), as we know there are huge economic ramifications, but I also feel the truth could exacerbate international tensions esp Trump & China.

It’s potentially Crazy but yes we need to know.
edit on 21-3-2020 by HallowedEarth because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2020 by HallowedEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh my gosh I know the lines I keep seeing on Twitter are absolutely INSANE
I could not face being part of that - it seems like a petri dish in every single one. When I have seen other clips of supermarkets queues about a week ago for other parts of the EU people were much more spaced apart.
We are not doing it at ALL.
There hasn't been a clear enough message.
And yeah 100% on the 'it only kills the old' and 'it's like the flu' will definitely have contributed to the spread and death of many.
Would the opposition be better? Probably not. I think it would be pretty much the same.

Queues in the UK
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
HOW LONG

a reply to: ARM1968

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just an insider's perspective -- from owner of a small business in Hunan province -- south of Wuhan. it goes on to talk about corruption toward businesses local CCP are doing to take advantage of the situation. The starvation stuff is really hard to hear, but what do people think was going to happen to entire apartments welded shut. They didn't go around unwelding them the next day.

CCP is fleecing the Chinese People in the Name of Fighting the Epidemic

Mr. Cheng: It was officially announced that there were 3,184 deaths in Wuhan. I don’t believe it at all. If it is 30,000 and more, I’ll believe it. I’ll believe it if it’s ten times more.

I have relatives and friends in Wuhan. I understand the situation. Of the people I know, 7 of them have died. It was under strict control.

Two of my sisters are in Wuhan. They can’t go in or out. They have been locked in with door panels and fences. Many elderly were starved to death. Many died of starvation. This data will not be officially recognized.

No one believes in the official data, whether you are associated with the government or not.

Reporter: Are there many families where everyone has died?

Mr. Cheng: Right, right. I personally know there are 7 families that are gone. One of them was a deputy director of Jiangxia District. He died. He was infected on Jan. 6, and died on the 10th. His father and mother were in their 80s. One died on Jan. 12, the other died on Jan. 16. His wife was infected, not dead yet. He was my father’s classmate. They knew each other well.

edit on 21-3-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
For the guy several days ago that kept posting over and over you can't get it from food...

Can I Get Coronavirus From Food? Scientists Say Yes and to Step Away From the Deli Meats.

Research has confirmed the coronavirus can survive on hard surfaces, like plastic and metal, for days. But it turns out, food can also be a carrier of the contagious respiratory illness, especially items like deli meats, salads, and certain fruits. “Moist, semi-solid foods are a wonderful medium for microbes and can boost the longevity of the virus,” said Dr. Jack Caravanos, a clinical professor at New York University’s School of Global Public Health. “It’s as good of an environment for the virus as your mouth.”

www.vice.com... VEwLQDPyaFTlbj9jIHXNDnW73KLR3Jnzg-uT8rNI1wnGufQw

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Great find, thanks.

Scary, scary stuff but something we had guessed.

The time period between infection and death is frightening.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

I have been yelling at the top of my lungs here since January, saying this was bad news. Hell we have not even hit the climax yet. It’s real it’s reality, take measures to stay healthy if your over 60 try to stay inside your home as much as you can. I would say all of us but we have to work. I do know seniors that are still going out to work because they have to, not enough SS to pay the bills.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, this is weird. Just checked www.worldometers.info...
and the number dropped for NY. It was 11645 at 4:00 pm pg 187 now it's showing 10372.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Even the best coronavirus scenario is terrible

Sadly, the more we learn about the coronavirus pandemic, on both the medical and economic sides, the worse the best-case scenarios become. Why it matters: Some readers tell us they think virus coverage has been overly dramatic. So we wanted to share with you the consensus of what the most clear-eyed, serious, optimistic people are saying, as a way to focus our minds. Tens of thousands of Americans die, we have double-digit unemployment for months, countless businesses die, retirements are wiped out, and the nation is saddled with once unimaginable debt. That, folks, is the best case scenario we're facing. That's if we're lucky

More about the survey of epidemiology experts in academia, government and industry in the link

www.axios.com... rganic&utm_content=1100

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

I saw that too! That same thing happened yesterday. BNO has the count at 307K though.

Edit to say... multitasking... I see you're talking about NY... which made the big number drop. I'm sure it will go back up and match BNO by morning.
edit on 21-3-2020 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Local Police appealed online to our local community. Anyone who can sew and are willing they asked to sew masks. They also feel something is better than nothing. The community really stepped up.
edit on 21-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Homemade masks are not worthless, for the reason that if they cut the number of virions in the exposure dose even a slight %, they are better than cutting the exposure dose by nothing at all.

And since exposure dose grows exponentially into actively infected host cells in a footrace against the host's immune system, for chance of survival, every single % at the start counts extra!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Oh my gosh I know the lines I keep seeing on Twitter are absolutely INSANE
I could not face being part of that - it seems like a petri dish in every single one. When I have seen other clips of supermarkets queues about a week ago for other parts of the EU people were much more spaced apart.
We are not doing it at ALL.
There hasn't been a clear enough message.
And yeah 100% on the 'it only kills the old' and 'it's like the flu' will definitely have contributed to the spread and death of many.
Would the opposition be better? Probably not. I think it would be pretty much the same.

Queues in the UK
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
HOW LONG

a reply to: ARM1968

Oh agreed. This is not a political thing. Hardly any country is dealing with this well. There is no play book, no experience to draw upon.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Feel free to wear a mask. Many are.

Better yet, don't go out in public unless necessary.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

I'm seeing more posts from Parents with under 7s having it than adults. They all seem to have been hit with horrible high fevers. I'm not buying the kids story anymore. They might have better survival rates but that doesn't mean their journey isn't going to be just as rough.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

At the hospital now, all of us are wearing masks outside of our own offices, even in the lab.

It isn't voluntary.

edit on 21-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
"Highlands" is trending on twitter now too. Basically, a whole tonne of people from cities are heading to Scotland to isolate... and being thoroughly unwelcome... I've got to imagine at this point that it explains the crazy high levels of traffic the past few days.
As someone who lives in a tourist town in the Midlands, I'm guessing we now have a tonne of viral visitors too from the hotspots. I suppose i can't blame them, but in terms of spreading it to every corner of the country, this will do it.

If in the UK... more north/rural, and not in a city, now is the time to just NOT go out and live on what you have. The super spreaders are escaping!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

I'm so glad I'm in the country, if I was in city I would flee too. At least here folks are community minded and help each other.
edit on 21-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Feel free to wear a mask. Many are.

Better yet, don't go out in public unless necessary.

Dude.....I think he's a doctor......
really?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Listening to the Governor of WV over the web. He and a doctor have gone on for nearly 25 minutes and haven't said a thing. The lead up led people to believe additional measures would be taken but all we heard is that WV is 10 days behind NY and to expect things to get worse.
edit on 21-3-2020 by Cmajlz because: Granddaughter called and said biggest 25 minute waste time. If you are going to call a press conference announce you are going to do something don't just sit there and say it is going to get bad. Citizens want guidance. They sure didn't get it.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456
"Highlands" is trending on twitter now too. Basically, a whole tonne of people from cities are heading to Scotland to isolate... and being thoroughly unwelcome... I've got to imagine at this point that it explains the crazy high levels of traffic the past few days.
As someone who lives in a tourist town in the Midlands, I'm guessing we now have a tonne of viral visitors too from the hotspots. I suppose i can't blame them, but in terms of spreading it to every corner of the country, this will do it.

If in the UK... more north/rural, and not in a city, now is the time to just NOT go out and live on what you have. The super spreaders are escaping!

I took a 1 and half hour round trip today, over the border into Gloucestershire, counted 4/5 caravans being towed minimum. Never, even in the height of the holiday season have I seen this many on this stretch of road which I commute almost daily. I immediately thought people were escaping to the country.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join