It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW Opens Down Over 1800 Points Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Well, congrats to the Left. You got what you wanted.

Blue-collar workers are losing money hand over fist in their 401ks and IRAs.

I hope it's worth it to try to win an election.

What did Biden say he would do, if President of the USA today?

Sanders?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe Sanders would tell us to eat more fried chicken.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm 65 and lost 30 grand in the last month . Not worried though because it will come back , it always does . I will probably get out of the markets in my 70's

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Maybe Sanders would tell us to eat more fried chicken.

Cheers

That's the high-cholesterol diet that some scientist says protects against Corona-Virus. I saw a thread on that this weekend.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

I'm 65 and lost 30 grand in the last month . Not worried though because it will come back , it always does . I will probably get out of the markets in my 70's

My wife is now glad that I moved us more to fixed-securities in 2019. Last month, she was questioning that decision, but not now.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just heard that gasoline prices will plummet. They've been dropping steadily for 2 weeks now. That's good, since gasoline is a large chunk of expenses for myself, and millions of others.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly , your stock portfolio is only worth something when you sell .Precious metals are worth what they say at the point you sell . If I sell it all today I would have a lot more than 3 or 4 years ago .

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

care, I don't know about the health aspect, but it tasted good when I was younger!

It would be ironic if an unhealthy diet somehow hindered the potency of the new virus.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Dow is still nearly 10,000 higher than 5 years ago

www.google.com... 504.1j3......0....1..gws-wiz.....0.w93TrwRVers

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

As soon as gas gets low watch states put big taxes on it. Michigans new Governess can't wait for more spending money.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Public schools in my hometown are closed because staff member at one of the schools stayed at a hotel where there was an active coronavirus case (staff member is showing symptoms of a cold currently)

Also my partner (1st grade teacher) in a district 2 towns over has a all-hands-on-deck meeting to discuss potentially closing.

I'm guessing that would mean school year goes into the summer to make up for lost time

It's in my state now, wasn't sure if it would happen but with confirmed cases and everything going on at my work and my spouse's it's clear that we are at the early stages and the state of things is escalating quickly
edit on 9-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
SA is punishing Putin's bank accounts most of all.
Iran will also suffer due to it's low cost illegal oil shipments no longer being cost effective.

My guess is that we have a new understanding with the crown prince to share control the oil markets.
OPEC is being disbanded by SA.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

My wife is now glad that I moved us more to fixed-securities in 2019. Last month, she was questioning that decision, but not now.

Husband has parts of ours in more stable investments and securities, and that part should be fairly well insulated. It will be the portions that are more aggressively invested that will take the hits, but we're young enough still that we have a few decades to get past this. So I'm not too worried.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Go back and look. That wasn't one of the choices.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It's not the flu.
People have no immunity to this because it's new. (Novel)
Expecting this to behave like the flu is dangerous. It lets guards down.
Constant!y calling this by the familiar name of flu will make some people ignore the warnings and danger.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The thing they are trying to control is natural gas.

They have no oil to offer.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What do you mean see it for what it is?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What do you mean see it for what it is?

Something that there's no need to panic over because for most of us it's not going to be any more dangerous than a case of the flu.

Take smart precautions like you do during cold and flu season, and stop trying to dig a bunker like someone released the 12 Monkeys' virus.

Silly, its symptoms are those of a cold or flu unless it develops into a severe or critical illness. Most people who get it won't be able to tell they had it because it will be indistinguishable from a cold or flu and it will *never* progress beyond that level.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
-largest weekly stock market drop since 1929
-first time treasury yields are under 1%
-biggest single day oil price drop since gulf war
-fastest spreading virus since SARs, china hardest hit
-gold hitting 1700 usd after previous high of 1900 usd
-cryptocurrencies in freefall

Not to worry folks, nothing to see here. Move along.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
School closures can’t be good for business right?

Here in California Gavin Newsome believes more schools will be closing “It’s a question of when - not if...”

Meanwhile, Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday said that more school districts in the state are likely to close in the near future as the coronavirus spreads across California. "It's a question of when — not if — some California public schools will face closure because of COVID-19," Newsom said in a statement. "School districts must prepare for these scenarios so that parents and children can plan for what would happen if their local school faced closure."

The school district that closed near me is one of the largest in the area.

SACRAMENTO COUNTY, CA — The Elk Grove Unified School District, the largest in Northern California, announced Saturday it would close all of its schools and cancel student activities after a family in the district tested positive for COVID-19.

Link to article

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join