It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A five-star hotel in China being used to quarantine collapses.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Cheap Chinese junk, shoddy work, are we honestly surprised?

I laughed pretty hard, then stopped and became sad at the poor folks caught up in this trash heap, then became angered at their inability to engineer safe and sound construction.

Cheap Chinese junk.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's gotta be what it was, if it were in the US, just another false flag, do they even have those in China?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Murgatroid

Gas explosion?

As has been said previously there must have been some alterations made to the building and building regulations are not as stringent over there as elsewhere in the world.....and I'm sure turning a blind eye and brown envelopes stuffed with cash are relatively common occurrences.

Here come the jet fuel killing a steel building people...

Here come the CT's with their ridiculous and unrelated to this post comments.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Trump always said Chinese steel sucked!
Looks like he's right.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

Here come the jet fuel killing a steel building people...

? Bit of an explanation please.

I thought I was clear in saying that I think it might be a gas explosion and that relatively shoddy working practices are comparatively common place in China.

That's one massive and totally unrelated leap you've made there.

ETA.

Oh, and I openly admit its just a guess and I could easily be wrong.

edit on 7/3/20 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

A truck full of fertilizer couldn't bring down a building built in 1977, but let's blame a steel structure complete collapse on a gas explosion...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You mean wooden 2x4s werent used...to think so many in here have no clue. a reply to: Psilocyborg

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

One word.... SURE..... The government has nothing to do with that one bit

edit on 7-3-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

FYI, this is NOT Oklahoma remember? think "Harbor Freight" only for buildings...

And have you ever SEEN a gas explosion?

edit on 3.7.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Your first video is of an unfinished wooden house caused by subcontractors.

Your second video... Even though at the actual gas plant itself... Shows no damage to those metal buildings.

What's your point?

We're talking about a steel structure ..

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

5 star, or 5 story..

But yeah, China is renowned for their amazingly bad constructions.. but it does seem coincidental, for sure.

70 ppl though, doesn't seem worth the media attention.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
some one from the next hotel said it souned like a bomb!
easy way to get rid of them all.

70 people out of the thousands, bringing global media attention?

Worst way to do it...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

A truck full of fertilizer couldn't bring down a building built in 1977, but let's blame a steel structure complete collapse on a gas explosion...

1977 predated LRFD design standards, so of course it didn't bring down the building. LRFD reduced the size of members and reinforcement needed to limit building costs and produce buildings intended to support DESIGN LOADS. Factors of safety used prior were way overblown and produced huge megaliths that cost a fortune and monopilized a lot more construction resources.

I see you flapping about steel buildings and such in this thread quite a bit. You an engineer?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yes , I agree and I hope this dos not turn out to be deliberate. a reply to: TrustedTruth

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
At about 4:30 on the video embedded below there is a multi-story building LYING ON IT'S SIDE.

That should tell us a lot. Watch the video. They explain what probably happened.

originally posted by: seeker1963

All of those fancy building or regular buildings that are built in China are absolute garbage. They use that cheapest building materials available and brand new building, within 5 years looks 100 years old.

This has nothing to do with the virus but everything to do with the Chinese government making fronts to make themselves look competitive.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Your first video is of an unfinished wooden house caused by subcontractors.

Your second video... Even though at the actual gas plant itself... Shows no damage to those metal buildings.

What's your point?

We're talking about a steel structure ..

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Made In China.

Even if it was deliberate, what is whacking 70 people going to do to stop a virus? If not to stop the virus, then why, to make a statement? Distraction? I'm not a CT so I suck at coming up with reasons for stuff like that.

I really think the thing plain old just fell over.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
At about 4:30 on the video embedded below there is a multi-story building LYING ON IT'S SIDE.

The Chinese government has gone on record as saying buildings in China only have a 20 year lifespan. Apparently it's very common for buildings to just fall over, filmed actually happening three times near the end of this video in fact... WARNING for the faint of heart, looks like a LOT of lives may have been lost...

edit on 3.7.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

All of those fancy building or regular buildings that are built in China are absolute garbage. They use that cheapest building materials available and brand new building, within 5 years looks 100 years old.

This has nothing to do with the virus but everything to do with the Chinese government making fronts to make themselves look competitive.

Probably happens every day somewhere in China but doesn’t get reported. This is typical of the old Soviet Union as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Oh wow, that video is crazy, everyone should watch that, it’s unbelievable. No building standards at all in China
That was shocking

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join