It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A five-star hotel in China being used to quarantine collapses.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A five-star hotel in China being used to quarantine collapses.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The 80-room hotel collapsed at around 7.30pm (11.30am GMT) and at least 23 people had been rescued by 9pm, according to a local government statement.

'I was at a gas station and heard a loud noise. I looked up and the whole building collapsed. Dust was everywhere, and glass fragments were flying around,' a witness said in a video posted on the Miaopai streaming app.

'I was so terrified that my hands and legs were shivering.'

I do not believe in coincidences , and I do not think that 5 star hotels fall for no reason.
edit on 7-3-2020 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Jet fuel...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They were probably making alterations to the motel to make it more suitable for the hospital needs, maybe they cut something they shouldn't have cut or removed some walls or something. They would probably have had to alter the air ducts in that to keep the viruses from going room to room, I am sure it did not just fall on it's own, probably human error involved.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

that and gross weight per square foot...no telling how many people and supplies they loaded into that puppy.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I bet you are right.

Someone could of cut out some load bearing beams.

That's all it would take.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

this is what happens when there's no building codes and people just build faster than they should with garbage materials.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
I do not believe in coincidences , and I do not think that 5 star hotels fall for no reason.

To me the "I do not believe in coincidences" is just a thing that that CT's say to effectively create a type of confirmation bias.

I on the other hand do believe in coincidences and just because something nefarious could have caused the collapse doesn't mean that it wasn't caused by something benign or the most likely cause, simple human error.

At this point there is not enough info to really say anything conclusive.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

this is what happens when there's no building codes and people just build faster than they should with garbage materials.

youtu.be...
Details of the construction at 1:50

It was a 5 star hotel built in 2018 with a steel structure.

@YouAreLiedTo Jet fuel indeed.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Psilocyborg because: Emoji edit for style

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
china is much like America was 80 to 100 years ago, ambitious, unregulated, mostly poor with low wages, fast growing economy. i could go on but my point is that things like this are common before eventually one such event grabs so much attention that they will be forced to start regulating things and enforce those regulations just like has happened to the US.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

They'll blame someone eating a bat before it's over...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
Jet fuel...

Beautiful building. Maybe Larry Silverstein took out an insurance policy on it recently cause it looks far too fresh to fall without an assisted thermite pull.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg

originally posted by: namehere

youtu.be...
Details of the construction at 1:50

It was a 5 star hotel built in 2018 with a steel structure.

@YouAreLiedTo Jet fuel indeed.
huh, wow according to your video its jus 70 people...surely not enough gross weight for a steel build to drop the structure.

Either theyre ommiting some details, lying about how many people, or...

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

All of those fancy building or regular buildings that are built in China are absolute garbage. They use that cheapest building materials available and brand new building, within 5 years looks 100 years old.

This has nothing to do with the virus but everything to do with the Chinese government making fronts to make themselves look competitive.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

All of those fancy building or regular buildings that are built in China are absolute garbage. They use that cheapest building materials available and brand new building, within 5 years looks 100 years old.

This has nothing to do with the virus but everything to do with the Chinese government making fronts to make themselves look competitive.

good god man! I was a builder in my younger years...that video shows very little application of basic principles...I mean plum, and square are pretty important...wow

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Word! As much as I despise all of our regulations in the US, it is quite sobering to see what could happen without some of those regulations.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CmbMod

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
Jet fuel...

Beautiful building. Maybe Larry Silverstein took out an insurance policy on it recently cause it looks far too fresh to fall without an assisted thermite pull.

Looks like it was built only two years ago, if a brand spankin' new five-star hotel can't handle the weight of 80 frikkin' people, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this picture, from one of the comments below the OP's video:

An article I read quoted a man across the street claiming to have heard an explosion...

"Witnesses of the event said they heard an explosion."

www.aa.com.tr...

Eyewitnesses said they heard an explosion before the building collapsed.

www.news1.news...

A man living across the road from the hotel said he thought the collapse was an explosion. “I was just having dinner and I suddenly heard a loud bang and thought it was an explosion. It was not until I ran to my balcony that I saw that the entire hotel building had collapsed,” Mnw.cn quoted the man as saying.

www.scmp.com...

After hearing the loud bang, I ran out of the store and could only see dust on the street. He said “the building collapsed like a chopstick falling slantwise to the ground” and that it had happened very suddenly.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 3.7.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
some one from the next hotel said it souned like a bomb!
easy way to get rid of them all.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok so outside of Larry Silverstein, who else might want to blow up a building full of sick people and WHY? Is there a Chinese version of George Soros over there? This just makes SO little sense to me.

EDIT: This story says Soros HATES China's leader, so who knows?

These guys perhaps?

A newly built housing block in Fanling in Hong Kong's New Territories, that was planned to be used as a quarantine facility for people who may have been exposed to Wuhan coronavirus, was fire-bombed on Sunday, January 26, 2020. Dozens of residents and protesters opposed to the idea held rallies outside the complex. Some set up roadblocks and in the evening assailants set the place on fire. Hong Kong declared a public "emergency" on Saturday, January 25 — the city's highest warning tier, and has taken extra measures to contain the spread of the previously unknown virus.

edit on 3.7.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Gas explosion?

As has been said previously there must have been some alterations made to the building and building regulations are not as stringent over there as elsewhere in the world.....and I'm sure turning a blind eye and brown envelopes stuffed with cash are relatively common occurrences.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Murgatroid

Gas explosion?

As has been said previously there must have been some alterations made to the building and building regulations are not as stringent over there as elsewhere in the world.....and I'm sure turning a blind eye and brown envelopes stuffed with cash are relatively common occurrences.

Here come the jet fuel killing a steel building people...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join