It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout
This virus is moving so fast I can't keep up!!

2 more confirmed in Italy today including 1 in ICU in his 30s. No travel to China.

13 new cases in Iran including 2 new deaths.

Hundreds in S Korea.

And 1 case in California (already mentioned in this thread), no travel with that one that I could see.

Pandemic yet? WHO knows.

Source BNO news.

Does anyone have a link to the earlier post about what supplies we would need for a month? I've got some things but am sure I'm not prepped fully. I have a small inner city place so no real storage but don't want to be caught short if food does run low

Someone will probably come along. If shopping, I'd advise to do very early the morning or late in the evening, hopefully you have 24 hours stores. If pandemic hits, unlikely the stores will remain 24 hours.
Think all type of can food, water, sardines should be a must, flour, yeast, butter, candy, alcohol, candles, snacks low in salt, have all the seasonings, frozen vegetables. More people will add to this list. We don't have weapons here. So I don't know about that part.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Has this article been posted yet? I didn't see it, but it's hard to keep up with a thread that gains 20+ pages overnight. If it has and mods want to remove for dupe type post, please do.

All this time, I would have placed the cluster* on the CDC's doorstep. (I was extremely unimpressed by the ebola episode.) Turns out that would have been wrong. State and Department of Health and Human Services were responsible for flying home infected people.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 21-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk

In the UK for example, targets are set to have 85% capacity, but targets aren't met year on year. Even before this estimates were that hospitals were running at 95-99% capacity, becoming overwhelmed with normal flu seasons.

We couldn't cope with a huge outbreak in the U.K. Our doctors and nurses do thier absolute best but they just can't keep up with the time wasters and constant illnesses.

A few years ago, I stood on a nail so i went to A&E. I was sat next to a guy who's nose was pretty banged up. He told me he'd been sat there for an hour. Within 20 minutes, I was called. I explained that the guy need attenton more than me, and they took him first.

Sadly, the NHS in England is at breaking point. We would not cope if the Coronavirus hit us big.

It's a sad realisation that our hospitals would be over run pretty quick. I think that's the things people don't seem to get. It's not the death rate in on about but the number of people who need intubating and needing hospital care.
Our current system would not cope with hundreds of not thousands needing the hospital at the same time.
As much as I am anti government though, you can be assured that for a long time now since this outbreak, there will be people making plans and provisions for when things arrive.
When our health executive mentioned that it's not a case of if but when it arrives and that right now the main aim is to slow it's spread in the how that it's summer by the time it's here properly. They are buying time to make bigger plans for the potential issues which are coming our way. More beds will be needed, expansion of current hospitals and temporary areas built.
I'm not fear mongering or panicking but have been following this very closely and taking appropriate action at home and in the community.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: checkmeout
This virus is moving so fast I can't keep up!!

2 more confirmed in Italy today including 1 in ICU in his 30s. No travel to China.

13 new cases in Iran including 2 new deaths.

Hundreds in S Korea.

And 1 case in California (already mentioned in this thread), no travel with that one that I could see.

Pandemic yet? WHO knows.

Source BNO news.

Does anyone have a link to the earlier post about what supplies we would need for a month? I've got some things but am sure I'm not prepped fully. I have a small inner city place so no real storage but don't want to be caught short if food does run low

Someone will probably come along. If shopping, I'd advise to do very early the morning or late in the evening, hopefully you have 24 hours stores. If pandemic hits, unlikely the stores will remain 24 hours.
Think all type of can food, water, sardines should be a must, flour, yeast, butter, candy, alcohol, candles, snacks low in salt, have all the seasonings, frozen vegetables. More people will add to this list. We don't have weapons here. So I don't know about that part.

Get your miso paste ....quickly...love That stuff, with my home grown chalottes....(spring onions) in case you got weirded out.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: weirdguy

One thing that is pretty clear with all the genetic and hereditary reports going on is 2019-nCoV has a closest match to a bat coronavirus. Where opinions diverge is what was the intermediary of the genetic variation to start infecting and killing people?

After reading one report that genetic lab work was going on to alter bat coronavirus so its spike protein can attach to the ACE2 receptor has a viable intermediary written all over it.

Is this why China does not want to let scientist into Wuhan? Just what exactly was going on in that lab? Is the world every going to see a genetic comparison report between 2019-nCoV and SHC014-CoV?

Yah I agree, China needs to release the results from the market swabs that they claim show a link to pangolins. Their secrecy looks pretty suspicious.

I don't think we need to worry too much about SHC014-CoV specifically. I just ran a comparison between SARS-cov-2 and SHC014-cov full genomes, and received a 82.07% match.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Bat SARS-like coronavirus RsSHC014, complete genome SHC014-cov Genome

Wuhan seafood market pneumonia virus isolate Wuhan-Hu-1, complete genome SARS-cov-2 Genome

I then ran a comparison between the spike proteins for SHC014-cov and SARS-cov-2, the result was only 77.31%.

spike protein for Bat SARS-like coronavirus RsSHC014 Spike protein sequence SHC014-cov
surface glycoprotein for Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 Spike protein sequence SARS-cov-2

edit on 21-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Not sure how to post a photo, but Watford general in the UK has signs up pointing the way to coronavirus priority assessment pods.
People here don't seem to be taking it too seriously, it's in China not here kind of attitude.
I've stocked up so worst case me and the family can lock ourselves in and last a while at least. I'm a little worried to say the least.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
Not sure how to post a photo, but Watford general in the UK has signs up pointing the way to coronavirus priority assessment pods.
People here don't seem to be taking it too seriously, it's in China not here kind of attitude.
I've stocked up so worst case me and the family can lock ourselves in and last a while at least. I'm a little worried to say the least.

You can upload a photo here by clicking the 'arrow down' next to your profile, then 'upload'. I'd really like to see this photo.

ETA: I mean the arrow and profile located in the upper bar, where 'new', 'recent', 'forum' etc is also located.
edit on 21-2-2020 by Asgaard because: Explanation

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

hmm - my GP surgery [ a health centre for 15k people ] has signs up :

if you suspect 19 Ncov - do not enter this building

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard
I've managed to upload it I think but don't know how to post it here.
It wouldn't let me do it at first even though it's a jpg file, so i had to screenshot it from my gallery, it then allowed me to upload it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
a reply to: Asgaard
I've managed to upload it I think but don't know how to post it here.
It wouldn't let me do it at first even though it's a jpg file, so i had to screenshot it from my gallery, it then allowed me to upload it.

Good luck tried to upload a screenshot the other day waited 20 minutes it never even moved

Just occured to me we may eventually need a whole forum for all these posts....

link   

Coronavirus statistics have been a complete mess today: Chinese public health officials said they had been ordered to change how they count cases for the third time in eight days – and the second time in 24 hours.
@gerryshih

www.washingtonpost.com...-KR7CP HHNIA5KPLWQW4CRWYRWIY

link   
I'm going to go to my local hospital at the weekend and go see the pods. I'll get photos too.

Nothing to report this end aside from busier than normal GP and when I had a doctor call this week the first question they asked was regarding the virus and if I have been travelling.

We also have a message on our online GP system telling all patients about the virus.

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Furryhobnob

hmm - my GP surgery [ a health centre for 15k people ] has signs up :

if you suspect 19 Ncov - do not enter this building

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Unverified, Cambodian Prime Minister admitted to hospital with virus

Twitter

I’d usually be happy that it’s finally claiming a politician but dang Cambodia is a great peacefully country. Hope he tests negative.

Oh no...But I can't say I'm surprised. There were photos of him shaking hands and hugging the passengers that disembarked from the Westerdam cruise ship. I posted that in a thread about the guy who broke his quarantine. (SMDH!)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This is not good

BEIJING — Reporting of case statistics at the epidemic epicenter in China appeared to descend into disarray Friday as public health officials said they had been ordered to change how they count cases for the third time in eight days – and the second time in 24 hours.

they've lost control.. the numbers are beyond their ability

There's no way to tell how many have it

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Thanks MIM for some ideas re prep.

Apparently the great ones in China are reversing back to including clinical cases again. I feel like I'm on a roundabout. Its from Twitter, dont know how to embed that. Edit, I see Agit has already posted...

Hubei is going to start counting clinically diagnosed cases (i.e. not confirmed by lab test) as official cases again. This is the third time this has changed in 8 days.

Plus another death in S Korea. 54 yr old female
edit on 2/21/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

And meanwhile the British on the Princess Diamond are probably going to be the last to leave. Not sure whether to be happy cos of the risk of infection or just dismayed at the govt inability to repatriate 70ish people www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 2/21/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
So im trying to find some info on this, but apparently a bank declared bankruptcy today that handles private investment and savings.

[wx]Jiangxi Province's Yichun Roche Gold Bank's "private financing institution" went bankrupt.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Here we go again.... Pick a Number, any number!

The government of Hubei province, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, on Friday banned the practice of reducing the number of already confirmed cases.

It also mandated that all previously counted cases stand as part of the total confirmed tally.

Tu Yuanchao, deputy director of Hubei Health Committee, said at a press conference that all the cases that were confirmed but then retroactively dismissed because they no longer fitted reporting requirements would be added back to the total tally.

On Thursday -- based on China's National Health Commission’s narrowed criteria for confirmed tally to only include laboratory-confirmed cases -- Hubei authorities said they'd no longer count so-called “clinically diagnosed patients,” who are people exhibiting symptoms without testing positive for the virus. This caused Hubei’s total confirmed cases to drop by 279 on Thursday alone.

"These adjustments in numbers have attracted huge public attention, caused some doubts about the data," Tu said during the press conference.

"As a result, Ying Yong, secretary of the provincial Party committee, attached great importance to this issue. He explicitly ordered that no subtraction be allowed for already-confirmed cases and all subtractions be added back."

via CNN

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
This is not good

BEIJING — Reporting of case statistics at the epidemic epicenter in China appeared to descend into disarray Friday as public health officials said they had been ordered to change how they count cases for the third time in eight days – and the second time in 24 hours.

they've lost control.. the numbers are beyond their ability

There's no way to tell how many have it

That's unreal man, are there any details about what has changed? I keep getting hit with paywalls.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Small update here. I've just heard my first national broadcast paid for by our government to advice about the virus. I listen to classic FM whilst driving at work and there has just been an announcement/advert advising the listeners about the virus and to make sure you wash your hands and use tissues when coughing or sneezing.
That will have been funded by PHE public health England to try and reduce spread of the infection.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Thanks for that

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join