It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

The mortality rate seems to have been dropping. But by my calculations it appears the mortality rate remains about 14%

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
going by this chart, it looks like many country's have stopped this virus in its tracks! From the phillippines downwards.

Still climbing in East asia with another 134+ deaths in Hubei and still climbing on the cruise ship but only because some bright spark thought it a good idea to keep everyone on board when only 6 people had it to begin with.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 18-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Thoughtful1
you have to be extremely careful when taking the gear off or you will still contaminate yourself.

Something else I'd thought about...

Health care workers wearing these kinds of suits, even if they didn't contract it themselves, would be spreading it around physically every time they went from room to room - unless they completely decontaminated and donned new gear before entering every room, which they obviously are not doing.

The protection is for them, and them alone. No clue as to how they are getting infected even when wearing it...

If this was, in fact, an escape from that BSL-4 lab in Wuhan, I think now it is not very surprising that this slippery little devil of a virus could have easily pulled a Houdini.

So what is that telling us about our limited efforts to just wear a face mask and goggles to prevent infection? Yeah, probably better than nothing as long as you keep your distance from people and not touch anything. But I sure wouldn't count on being protected in a crowd or if you are careless about where your hands are.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
Hope it's just for rubbish.

I would imaging they are generating literally tons of "infectious waste" (gloves, gowns, IV's, etc.) over the last 2+ months this has been going-on. Also, it might normally be shipped elsewhere for disposal/incineration, and now somebody has decided that maybe its better not to ship that stuff around and do point-of-source disposal/incineration.

Of course, yes, it does not slip one's mind that they could maybe also be used for cremation of HR (human remains).

I hope they are burning disposables etc, but I've seen lots of reports of them running out of such things and reusing them.

Still, they probably have a backlog of such things waiting for incineration, and hopefully a new supply in the making. So I agree and hope this is what they are for.

Don't hospitals usually have their own incinerators too for such purposes? Still, they could have a backlog. Just thought I'd put the info out there, doesn't get us very far though!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

The mortality rate seems to have been dropping. But by my calculations it appears the mortality rate remains about 14%

Here are some interesting articles on calculating novel virus outbreaks. There has been a great deal of back and forth on this through the thread.

Methods for estimating CFR for a Novel outbreak, Oxford.

Also...

How to Calculate a Mortality Rate During an Outbreak

Informative reads...but enlightening.

mg

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

A lot of those are at 0 new cases as cases = recovered, don’t think we’re” out of the woods “yet (so to speak ) but the number of recovered does seem to be climbing for a large part so we can only watch and hope for the best atm( and I’m not dismissing how sad it is so many Have been taken by this so far)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

DO share those calculations neighbour. Because it looks more like 2.5% not 14

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Alien Abduct

DO share those calculations neighbour. Because it looks more like 2.5% not 14

see missed_gear's post a couple above (right below Aliens post). The calcs and estimates in the paper line up with his 14% estimate.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Need to track down the rant posted by the Japanese expert who is referenced in this video. If what he alleges is even partially true, it explains a lot about the Diamond Princess situation. And it could mean bad things for Yokohama in the coming weeks.

It could also be trouble for those being brought home. Hopefully our own various disease containment efforts are more competent than what is evident on the Diamond Princess.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Need to track down the rant posted by the Japanese expert who is referenced in this video....

one page back has the transcript quoted.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Thanks, the thread moves fast, and I don't always back read.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Need to track down...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18 2 2020 by Speedmats because: First time edit malarky.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Reading the page (or the article). The morality rate for 85 + year olds is 14.8%, the overall is much less.

I asked Alien Abduct to show their calculations, because they stated " by my calculations it appears the mortality rate remains about 14%", Thus I want to see what data they used.

The worldmeters.info site is NOT an academic or professional group. Using them is also naive

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So I just read the entry by the Japanese health worker who finally gained access to the cruise ship in Japan. Apparently he was appalled that infectious disease protocols weren’t implemented.

I find this interesting because I would think they’d know caution was extremely warranted, and not want to open themselves up to criticism if Japanese people started to get sick - but maybe the higher ups know otherwise.

Maybe they know that the virus is worse for those who received the forced vaccination in China, or maybe they know it was something environmental over there (biopesticide, I think, was mentioned) that makes the virus worse, and are therefore less fearful.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedmats

Need to track down...

www.youtube.com...

Yes , Kobe University is right up there with Tokyo University. www.kobe-u.ac.jp...
Listening now
My updates I just noticed has been inline with most of what he's been saying.
Got a morning update coming. Stay tune.
For those that miss my latest post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Or it's just what it appears to be - a bureaucratic cock-up similar to what produced a lot of the trouble at Chernobyl.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
56 new cases excluding hubei, is 56.. In China.

🎉

We won!!
edit on 18-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Have not followed this for a couple days, US cases jumped from 15 a couple days ago to 29. Is that due to evacuees or more actual cases?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
(Tin Foil Helmet Warning

I have been evaluating a lot of theories, varients of Part A + Part B seem to fit the best. But, I started thinking along the line of Part A and Part B have NOTHING to do with one another.

It seems like there could be two different symptom sets, modes of transmission and affected populations.

I wont go into more detail, but, what if in Wuhan the 10% with diarrhea are Virus X, the rest are nCov19?

Could they both have been released in a single accident, or nCov19 released as a coverup?

This theory would only work if extreme information controls are in place whereever Virus X is.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

A lot of those are at 0 new cases as cases = recovered, don’t think we’re” out of the woods “yet (so to speak ) but the number of recovered does seem to be climbing for a large part so we can only watch and hope for the best atm( and I’m not dismissing how sad it is so many Have been taken by this so far)

I guess we aren't out of the woods just yet. Another couple weeks we'll see where we are at I reckon.

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join