It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wuhan Virus - At the end of the day, you'll all be wondering what all the hysteria was all about

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IndigoLLC

The difference is that, like with SARS and MERS, they'll be nipped in the bud and that, as they say, will be that.

Nice little prediction. Are you from the future?

Perhaps you should start a thread about it in the proficies and predictions forum. John Titor is that you?

edit on 1/29/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

It's completely overblown for such a mild virus.

But these people believe anything the tv says so what do you expect?

OK. I agree that most dangerous viruses burned themselves out. I agree that the MSN exaggerates things. I agree that people get fearful or worried with little info.

That out of the way explain this to me:
What should we do when news comes out of a country, by people in that country that there is a virus going round that seems to spread like wildfire?
I know your answer. Nothing, it's all a load of balloney.
When we then see with our own eyes and confirmed by people there that a quarantine of 60 MIllion people is ordered.
I know, nothing, because the Chinese government does this for lolz.
When China itself stops flights it's of course a huge laugh to show how brilliant they are.

After all, the other epidemics turned out to be a laugh and a half for those that never caught them. Sod the few dead, that's all hype. They may be dead but it's really nothing.

OK, lets play it your way. Lets all laugh our heads off, tell China to pull itself up by the bootstraps and grow a pair, because someone on the other side of the globe is really not bothered ['does my face look bovvered?'].

So sod the quarantine, sod the flight restrictions because a handful of dead isn't really a biggie. Lets ignore this illness because "the flu causes more deaths per year".

So far so good?

Yeah, China, are you all woosses?

But, but the guy on ATS said its are a nothingburger and you must know that a guy on ATS has lots of experience because he has seen three other diseases hyped up and only killing a few hundred people, which is nothing. Ha.

In come some Chinese people:
"Aw #, no food, can't get to work just because of nothing. It's just a cold and now my kids can't eat. My nana died but it's really nothing because the REAL flu is much worse."
"My wife died and I agree it's all a load of hyped up crap. When can I get back to work?".

Virus:
"Awww, I see, sorry that I am so unimportant. I may really be nothing but I am not quite finished yet. You care to wait a bit so I can do my thing properly?"

MAn on ATS:
"No, you are a nothing burger and have no relevance at all. I have experience you know. I have seen three other viruses being hyped up and they turned out to be boring duds. So I assume you will be too."

Normal person:
"WHy the fuss then? WHy are they so bothered with quarantine and shiit? If it's nothing and sooooooooo irrelevant. Hey, I don't mind, I'll send my kids to Wuhan to show you it's safe. The man on ATS said it's a laugh. My kids can deal with a cold. Or maybe I shouldn't...

MAn on ATS:
"It's safe. It's safe because I said so. I have experience you knwo. I have seen three viruses trying to scare people but they never turned out to be the end of the world."

Virus:
"OK, sod this. I'm bored. So many bodies so little mutation. Ima gonna mutate bitch. It's my perogative".

Man on ATS:
"There are no mutations, it's all a load of balloney. I have experience you know... why doesn't the chinese government listen to me? They could be having a good time with only a few ill and dead. No need to panic"

Bubonic pLague and Spanish flu [and other pandemics] to Wuhan virus:
"yeah, bro, go for it, don't listen to the man on ATS, we did it mate, so can you. Millions dead, family members dead or suffering, we are just pissed because of the racist quarantine. It kind of seem to restrict your full potential"

MAn on ATS:
"That's never gonna happen. You know why? Because I know. I have experience of three..."

Everyone, including all people and all viruses:
"Oh do shut up!"

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

It's completely overblown for such a mild virus.

But these people believe anything the tv says so what do you expect?

I guess I'm one of "these people" because I'm concerned about what could possibly come out of this.

You do realize you are on a forum that discusses conspiracy theories and aliens, right? Why are you here? To squawk at and make fun of "these people"?

Are you saying that believing in the TV makes you a conspiracy theorist?

I'm confused.
I thought I was the rebel for questioning it?

Guess it depends on what channel you're watching. I wouldn't know. I don't watch TV. I hae a handful of sources that I use for news, online. I stream whatever shows I want but mostly, I don't care for TV. More important things to do - like piddle around on ATS. ...and beer.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: muzzleflash

Can you source what makes you believe this is more closely associated with a common cold rather than a novel virus we should all be concerned about?

The common cold doesn't have that long of incubation times, longevity outside a host, or even share any of the severe symptoms this does.

I haven't heard of common colds sending lots of people into the ICU. I haven't heard of anything forcing a nation to quarantine millions of citizens.

They weren't forced to quarantine anyone. It was a foolish decision anyways as the virus was worldwide by late December.

It's a "new cold", the words "novel coronavirus" is bring used misleadingly to hide the fact this is just a new strain of a mild contagion.

Here's the first link from my Google search, note that this page tries very hard to avoid calling it "the cold" but they essentially explain every single human gets infected by Corona at least once and compare it to "other colds".

web md

Pretty much any 30min investigation will make it clear that's what we're dealing with here. Check the wiki and some other sites like nih or nhs for additional info.

It's much ado about nothing.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

It's not the flu.

Coronavirus is believed to cause the common cold.

Okay. Not the flu -- a cold -- got it. Silly me!

But I'm not seeing why this distinction is important or relevant? Perhaps you could expand on why?

Until then, allow me to offer the following information for all in atonement for my sins:

Coronavirus vs. Flu: What doctors say you need to know

The coronavirus has symptoms similar to the flu and it's causing fear and confusion. Doctors in the Las Vegas valley say people should be far more concerned about catching the regular flu than the coronavirus.

Cough, fever, shortness of breath and body aches. Doctors say those are the symptoms for both the coronavirus and the flu.

Emergency physician Cole Sondrup with Southern Hills Hospital says there’s one distinction that separates the two, a history of travel exposure.

That one distinction may not hold true for long depending on if/when suspected patients are not isolated, so it enters the general population.

So, in further atonement, some info on taking care of yourself (or others) with the flu:

• Take acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) to reduce fever and muscle aches.
  • Drink clear fluids, such as water, broth or sports drinks.
  • Rest as needed or change some of your activities, depending on your symptoms.
  • Stay home from work, school and other public places for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone to avoid infecting other people.

Self-care for the flu

A cold:

• Stay hydrated.
  • Rest.
  • Soothe a sore throat.
  • Combat stuffiness.
  • Relieve pain.
  • Sip warm liquids.
  • Add moisture to the air.
  • Try over-the-counter (OTC) cold and cough medications.

Cold remedies: What works, what doesn't, what can't hurt

The coronavirus:

Basic infectious disease principles are key to curbing the spread of this virus. Wash your hands regularly. Cover coughs and sneezes with your inner elbow. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands. Stay home from work or school if you have a fever. Stay away from people who have signs of a respiratory tract infection, such as runny nose, coughing, and sneezing.

The new coronavirus: What we do — and don’t — know

Unfortunately, pretty much everything I'm finding on the coronavirus is all about avoiding contagion, rather than nursing and nurturing one's health after contagion. But barring the development of a pharmaceutical for treatment, it seems the same general principles for any illness are still applicable with the coronavirus.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndigoLLC

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Good day sir or madam,

I would say that the threat of this virus should not be understated, after all when oppenheimer thought that the first nuclear bomb, he didn't know if it would ignite the atmosphere, but he developed the nuke anyway.

This is getting nasty quickly-the incubation period is fifteen days, you could have it yourself and not know it, that's why the quarantine is necessary.

Not to be harsh or downplay deaths, but even if I had it, I'd be fine because I'm not: a woman, an individual with an underlying health condition, elderly or have a compromised immune system for whatever reason.

Okay, I must ask as you've mentioned this two times already. But why are woman more likely to die from this virus? I have yet to hear that claim made by anyone except you.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

At no point did I laugh at people suffering or dying from any condition or disease.

And for the record I said the hysteria is overblown considering how mild the virus is. Most people won't even have symptoms despite exposure.

I never called any disease that even hurt 1 person a nothingburger. I said "much ado about nothing" figuratively and as a reference to Shakespeare's play where "nothing" meant specifically Gossip and Rumor.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Even when a coronavirus causes MERS or SARS in other countries, the kind of coronavirus infection common in the U.S. isn't a serious threat for an otherwise healthy adult. If you get sick, treat your symptoms and contact a doctor if they get worse or don't go away.

The link is a broad description of the family group coronavirus.

The description downplays coronavirus because of the common ones in the US not being cause for alarm. That doesn't mean a mutated one can't do harm.

The reason people are concerned about this one is because it's airborne, can survive without a host on surfaces, early reports suggest up to a two week incubation time while allegedly still being contagious during that time, and it's quick rate of transition. It's looking like it's doubling or adding a third of total infected daily... And if it keeps this rate, could be in the hundreds of thousands to million by the end of February.

Look, we're all speculating... It's early and China isn't really welcoming more capable entities in to study and assess the situation.

But the people who are saying this is a nothing burger haven't really offered compelling information to prove their position.

As it stands, borders are shutting down, airlines are canceling routes with China, millions are in quarantine... And the amount who are infected that require ICU doesn't suggest this is comperable to the cold.

We will see. Either way, I'd be happy to say my raised eyebrows were for nothing.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

We have a biological weapon released and spreading worldwide, and you say it's hysteria.

Doesn't matter how many get killed. It's very bad situation and is good to be prepared.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Eating raw honey will kill it within a day or two. Probably just a spoonful, but I'd recommend eating it daily.

I'd also recommend eating a diverse diet of fruits veggies nuts and including lots of herbs or spices like cinnamon, ginger, garlic, turmeric, chamomile, sage, tea, rosemary, lavender, etc.

Drink a lot of water too.

By giving your body all the chemicals it needs to rebuild itself and fight disease should theoretically make you nearly immune to stuff like this - or if you do catch something it will help your body beat it quickly.

You've got absolutely nothing to worry about with this virus.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Eating raw honey will kill it within a day or two. Probably just a spoonful, but I'd recommend eating it daily.

Raw honey is pretty amazing. I've started keeping Manuka honey on hand for this very reason.

I'd also recommend eating a diverse diet of fruits veggies nuts and including lots of herbs or spices like cinnamon, ginger, garlic, turmeric, chamomile, sage, tea, rosemary, lavender, etc.

Drink a lot of water too.

By giving your body all the chemicals it needs to rebuild itself and fight disease should theoretically make you nearly immune to stuff like this - or if you do catch something it will help your body beat it quickly.

I'm right there with you -- That's become my way of living! The body can do incredible things for itself when given the right tools. As my cousin used to say, "If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?" An ounce of prevention is always worth a pound of cure, but it seems to me that preparation has its place as well -- as in properly preparing and maintaining the body to handle whatever comes its way.

edit on 29-1-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yeah, you did. You just used different words. MAybe you personally didn't call it a nothingburger but someone else with the same conviction as you did.
Don't backtrack. I get it. You think it's hyped up.

And I say no viral disease is hyped up until we know all there is to it.
People like you suggest to calm down and not overreact. Which translates to no news, no quarantine, no restrictions.

That is an incredibly dangerous stance to take.

I'm rather wrong but have tried everything [and I'll do this every. single. time a virus like this crops up] than stand there amongst millions of dead and wish I would have been more vigilant at the start.

To care and hype up any pandemic can not be a bad thing. In the same way it isn't a bad thing to believe children who say they have been molested [even if it turns out to be untrue].

I really wish you lot of the 'this is a load of crap' side would shut up and let others be careful. Even if it turns out to be nothing. The other choice could be disastrous. Don't you see that?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm not worried about my health... I've been sick once in the past decade (norovirus). I've felt something coming on at times but usually nix it with a little regiment if I feel under the weather.

I'm more worried about this causing a period of unrest or economic stunt if travel, supply chains, and business are interrupted.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The stories are now trickling out with all the evacuees. A Japanese evacuee is saying that the crematoriums are working 24hrs a day all over Wuhan. That would tell me there might be a feeewww more than 130 deaths so far.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Yes exactly. Exercise, keep clean, etc.

I slack on diet and exercise but still am immune to pretty much anything. I've been actually sick like 2 or 3 times in my life and my two kids (16 and 12) have never been sick with anything even once.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BillyJoeeOzark
The stories are now trickling out with all the evacuees. A Japanese evacuee is saying that the crematoriums are working 24hrs a day all over Wuhan. That would tell me there might be a feeewww more than 130 deaths so far.

That would be 3 bodies an hour and 72 bodies a day per Crem. Lets guess at 10 crems, that 720+ bodies a day and 5000 a week. Thats 20000 a month. And thats just burning.
edit on 29-1-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Whoa don't conflate my posts with someone else's.

They may agree in general but my views are nuanced and particular, so I won't sign off on anyone's statement as my own. I don't even know what they said, I may disagree with them.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndigoLLC
By the end of the year, the death toll from the Wuhan Virus will have peaked at 600 or so, China will have announced that it has "got the virus under control", other countries will relax, the WHO will grin and say "calm down" and you will all be wondering what all of this fuss was really all about!

There appears to be some hysteria here (considering, the HIV/AIDs pandemic killed over 75 million people with an annual death rate of a million), but it all appears to be a little over the top, don't you think?

"A little over the top?"

Well, that depends if you are trusting China and the numbers being reported out of China.... Apparently, the numbers are being heavily under-reported, as China is scrambling to damage control the situation as it gets worse... I hope this is all we see, but unfortunately i think this is just the beginning of a massive pandemic.. Its been long overdue.. And when you consider the conditions in these chinese cities and wet markets where they dont regulate food/food quality, it was only a matter of time...

Incubation period is 2-3 weeks... so in 10 days or so, we will begin to see how bad things are really getting world wide.
edit on 29-1-2020 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah but HIV/AIDS was a death sentence.

What's the quality of healthcare like in China? What's access like? Don't get me wrong the statistics would be devastating if it was widespread and the mortality rate stayed the same. I just don't see that happening personally, people who would be at serious risk with this virus would be at serious risk from a huge host of diseases and infections.

People seem to love being scared.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Yeah. I’m not saying this will reach a stage 6 on the world pandemic chart...

But China is being wiped out right now imo.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join