It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wuhan Virus - At the end of the day, you'll all be wondering what all the hysteria was all about

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: IndigoLLC

It's completely overblown for such a mild virus.

But these people believe anything the tv says so what do you expect?

I guess I'm one of "these people" because I'm concerned about what could possibly come out of this.

You do realize you are on a forum that discusses conspiracy theories and aliens, right? Why are you here? To squawk at and make fun of "these people"?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The death rate is so small compared with the flu, if the numbers are true that is.

For the last 4 days we have had the death numbers rise as follows

41, 81. 104. 132. One would assume that this rate will slow down but not necessariy and if it maintained this level of increase (the total doubling every 5 days for the next 90 days). So in 5 days the deaths will be 264 then in 15 days the number will reach over 1000, then in 45 days the number could be 1000x2x2x2x2x2x2 = 64000 and in 90 days that could be 64000x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2= 32+m

Just saying, and if the real numbers where being withheld then bye bye China.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

There is about 38 million people around the world infected with HIV. Of that about 16k will die. That's .04%

There is about 2k people infected with wuflu. Of that about 60 have already died. That's 3%. That's about 75 times more deadly than HIV
edit on 1/29/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I thought the same thing when I was going off of the mortality rate.... I commented in some early threads with paraphrased what's the big hype. I think I was wrong.

Lets say it's 3-5%. That's 3-5% with a fully operating infrastructure and medical system. What happens if that gets beyond capacity?

If a significant part of societies get infected to the point we start limiting transit, supply chains will feel the brunt.

So worse case scenario, hospitals are overloaded, not everyone is working and supplies dwindle... I don't think it would be 3-5% anymore.

I'm not saying that's what's going to happen... But based off of what we're seeing, I think this virus, compared to other novel viruses in our life, has the most chance of really rocking the boat.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

There is about 38 million people around the world infected with HIV. Of that about 16k will die. That's .04%

There is about 2k people infected with wuflu. Of that about 60 have already died. That's 3%. That's about 75 times more deadly than HIV[b/]

Not to mention AIDs doesn't evolve. Coronavirus could evolve every couple of years similar to the flu (shout out to ketsuko for explain that to me so I could research it).

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I genuinely hope the OP is 100% correct.

Nevertheless, nobody with any common sense can trust the numbers coming from the communist Chinese govt.
Even with a skeptical eye...China, itself, looks like it's not only scared to death of what's happening within it's borders...but that it does NOT have this crisis under control. Far from it.

edit on 29-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When Chernobyl happened...were we smart to trust what the communist Soviet government was reporting?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Do you seriously believe everything CHINA and WHO are saying on this? WHO is way behind on reporting that it almost seems suspicious.

Just do the math - China says only 2,300 were infected 5-6 days ago? How come their hospitals that house 45,000+ are maxed out with dead people laying on the floor and line ups out the doors for 10 hours+ waiting periods... Meanwhile they need to build an emergency hospital just for this within 7-10 days? Nah, they're lying.

Why would you believe a communist regime anyways? Think.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
When Chernobyl happened...were we smart to trust what the communist Soviet government was reporting?

Right. And my numbers are based off of what the communists are telling us....which we all know are extremely understated.

link   

Maybe you will. Anyone with a brain will understand what went on.

China on lockdown.
Streets filled with dirt.
Police arresting people with the disease.
Stage 5 of the world pandemic chart. Will probably briefly hit 6
Markets tumbling
Boarders closing.
Middle of the night clandestine evacuations by foreign countries

When the media blackout in China is over the numbers will stagger you. Well they will if you have a brain.

Thread won’t age well. Good job.

link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

I guess I'm one of "these people" because I'm concerned about what could possibly come out of this.

You do realize you are on a forum that discusses conspiracy theories and aliens, right? Why are you here? To squawk at and make fun of "these people"?

Are you saying that believing in the TV makes you a conspiracy theorist?

I'm confused.
I thought I was the rebel for questioning it?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Mongolia, Russia and Korea have closed borders with China.

Their neighbors don't seem to trust their situation either.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's not the flu.

Coronavirus is believed to cause the common cold.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeeOzark

I think it will set in for some people if China shuts off the internet to quarantined cities.

My hope though is they stop worrying about saving face and ask for help and are honest about the situation. Even when the US and Russia had high tensions, there were times we knew the other was the only capable entity to help in certain things... And sometimes we'd help each other out.

Pride is one of the biggest killers on the planet. Letting go of it can be one of the biggest saviors.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I'm confused.

I don't watch TV because I know what they peddle.

I also don't instantly take the inverse or their talking points with the belief if they say something, the opposite has to be true.

I'm open minded to conspiracy theories... But hopping on board all of them just to buck against mainstream does damage to the cause IMO.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The mortality rate doesn't tell us much because we're judging it based on how it affects people in a dense urban area with high pollution, poor nutrition, and low standards of health.

You gotta keep in mind we're talking about a cold here. Most people probably aren't even going to show symptoms despite being exposed.

link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

There is about 2k people infected with wuflu. Of that about 60 have already died. That's 3%. That's about 75 times more deadly than HIV

The difference is that, like with SARS and MERS, they'll be nipped in the bud and that, as they say, will be that.

SARS and MERS didn't kill tens of millions. Calm down. It will be the same with the Wuhan Virus.

The real conspiracy here is the news media, with their asteroid scare stories, Russian flyby scare stories, climate change scare stories, shooting scare stories blah blah.

Compared to other planets, Earth is practically a sleepy old people's home, with all you 7 billion humans all cocooned away from big bad danger.

In 2100, they'll all still be laughing at how you all thought mankind would have been extinct by 2050.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

One great post. Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm confused.

I don't watch TV because I know what they peddle.

I also don't instantly take the inverse or their talking points with the belief if they say something, the opposite has to be true.

I'm open minded to conspiracy theories... But hopping on board all of them just to buck against mainstream does damage to the cause IMO.

I'm not taking the opposite position purely to vex the MSMs narratives.

I actually have a very strong reason - if they were honest and said "new cold breaks out" no one would care.

Instead they use a scientific term no one knows about, so it'll sound extra scary to the masses.

The average ppl are calling it "WuFlu" because they don't understand the difference between influenza and colds.

Yes I'm definitely saying this is way overblown and tantamount to hysteria over a mild contagion. The MSM truly sucks for their deceptive agendas and half-truths.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Can you source what makes you believe this is more closely associated with a common cold rather than a novel virus we should all be concerned about?

The common cold doesn't have that long of incubation times, longevity outside a host, or even share any of the severe symptoms this does.

I haven't heard of common colds sending lots of people into the ICU. I haven't heard of anything forcing a nation to quarantine millions of citizens.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join