It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if they put American cities in quarantine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Can you imagine Chicago, or New York or Seattle in quarantine?

Is it even possible? I don't think so.

Sure there are ways to close off roads, but aren't there 1000's of other ways in and out?

I think about all the people that barely have food to last two days, what will they do for weeks or even months?
I think my area would be OK because we are used to massive snowstorms and downed power etc...

I remember going to the taste of Chicago some years back. They estimated 2 million people at that event. Unless you have seen that kind of mass gathering of people in one place it is hard to imagine how incredible it is. Chicago has roughly 3 million people give or take. The suburbs are massive too. I don't think they would be able to just close off anything. Thinking about this, Wuhan China has 11 million people....

I remember years ago during the bird flu they talked to us at work about telecommuting. I wonder if places are prepping for that now.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

FEMA can probably imagine it. Whether they can pull it off is something else.

Cheers

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Sure there are ways to close off roads, but aren't there 1000's of other ways in and out?

Well, Manhattan would be the easiest since it's an island but then Kurt Russell could jump in and rescue everyone like he did in that documentary film I saw as a kid.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, Manhattan would be the easiest since it's an island but then Kurt Russell could jump in and rescue everyone like he did in that documentary film I saw as a kid.

Only if he had "the Duke" to help him. As happened in that documentary.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Cheat....... die ...?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No talk of telecommuting here, I'll be on a plane 4-5 times in the next couple of weeks. Wife is a little concerned as I am asthmatic, so I'll be taking a couple of extra steps that I don't normally do. Mask, frequent hand washing, sanitizing wipes and gel, the usual stuff for people worried about the flu.
edit on 1/27/20 by Hypntick because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I’d be OK with San Francisco .

We should’ve done it years ago .

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
do you think it would be like how they have walls and guys with machine guns, around palystinian cities?
like that you think?

like how if you want to go visit your friend in the next town, it takes 2-4 hours to get thru their totalitarian check points?

i hope its not like that.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm due west of Chicago just on the other side of lake Michigan and we can see it on some days. Now it does make me a bit nervous because the dew in the morning comes off your car like mud so can anything else make the trip??? Not to mention our town is a Chicago vacation home central on the lake.

Neighbor and I have a few AK's And SKS's with a box or three of ammo, so we'll be fine.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I imagine our emergency management agencies have already thought, planned out and tested scenario's where various cities and towns in the US are put on lock-down. With enough coordination, cooperation and brain washing anything is possible. Always important to have cash, food, water (beer), firearms & ammo on hand. You know, just in case
My facility was put on lock down last week. Just as a precaution. We are in the US but have overseas counterparts as well including ones in China.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Only if he had "the Duke" to help him. As happened in that documentary.

I'm pretty sure that was McHale
he doesn't even resemble the Duke

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Its not hard for China they have a very large military. As for in the US i suppose the national guard could perform the same task here.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It could happen but would involve 100% activation of national guard and most likely bringing a bunch of troops home especially if we are talking several cities. There is no way a small force would be able to police roads, bodies of water, the sky as well as all of the other things associated with it. Essentially it would be martial law and the use of force would most likely be used to control people from leaving. A several city quarantine would not be a good thing at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
It could happen but would involve 100% activation of national guard and most likely bringing a bunch of troops home especially if we are talking several cities. There is no way a small force would be able to police roads, bodies of water, the sky as well as all of the other things associated with it. Essentially it would be martial law and the use of force would most likely be used to control people from leaving. A several city quarantine would not be a good thing at all.

The other issue is that the Chinese people are much more likely to follow orders. I think most Americans are a lot more rebellious and wouldn't be as obedient.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Once the local fuel supplies are gone and the cars are empty the fact of the distance between cities probably would stop 99% of people straight away as they'd just stop the trains and planes from going there and pretty much job done.

Supplies would be brought to supply points for moving into the city so theres not much chance of people sneaking out in the back of a truck.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Just gonna leave this here. Seems like memories are short.

Boston locked Down after bombing

edit on 27/1/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/1/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
I'm pretty sure that was McHale
he doesn't even resemble the Duke

He's referring to Isaac Hayes as the 'The Duke'.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can imagine how much chaos and unrest it would cause, especially in a place that isn't amenable to being told what to do. The food issue also would throw a wrench in things.

For me, it wouldn't make much difference. I'm in Colorado, I've got enough food to feed a family of 5 for a good month or three. I'm used to bad weather making travel difficult and not being able to get to the stores.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Major highways were completely shutdown after Katrina. I was allowed to drive being in the Guard and had a mission but it was surreal. I was the only car on the interstate for probably 125 miles. There was also no fuel as someone stated so nobody could go anywhere for a while even if they wanted. Luckily I had a full tank and knew this backwoods gas station that was still open. But I was scarred. I was not sure if that gas station had gas. Luckily they did but if not I was in trouble. In summary, fuel would lock a city down alone. Who's walking or riding a bike that far in the US.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The US won't have to quarantine cities if needed they will quarantine patients and their homes might be problematic for apartment or condo dwellers, but I'd imagine the system wont be overwhelmed because we aren't eating snakes and bats here, #2 We have known about it earlier #3 we have more hospital beds per population ration. #4 probably have better protocols and procedures for a pandemic. We will, of course, know more in 2 weeks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join