It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if they put American cities in quarantine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe they should put a quarantine on the UP before the virus gets here so we do not get sick. Yoopers should be able to pull that off. We can post people at the border with barrels of beer and make it an official party, visitors will turn around after seeing all the yellow snow.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Didn't the CDC and WHO know about this virus since December '19?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wouldn't work, for the same reasons Chinas quarantine is fairly ineffective, cities are so big and so spread out there are not enough troops to really close it off.

The biggest bonus china has with enacting a quarantine is the obedient nature of the Chinese people, now try to imagine setting up a quarantine in our ready to fight at the drop of a hat culture.

Part of being a prepper is mapping out your egress points from a city, and I could always find random small roads that would allow me to slip out of town.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Can you imagine Chicago, or New York or Seattle in quarantine?

Is it even possible? I don't think so.

Sure there are ways to close off roads, but aren't there 1000's of other ways in and out?

Well, Manhattan would be the easiest since it's an island but then Kurt Russell could jump in and rescue everyone like he did in that documentary film I saw as a kid.

Nah.

I heard he was dead.

To the OP, comply or they will throw safety bullets at you!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxerBrawler

Didn't the CDC and WHO know about this virus since December '19?

CDC and WHO have no control over China those first few weeks or now. I am sure they can suggest or even rant and rave but what gets done in China usually comes from the top, thus the delays, etc. Besides just like when the guy had Ebola here in the US they whisked him off to quarantine at the CDC in Atlanta.

The question is will/would individual quarantine work. Id would think it probably will. Here it's just transmitted person to person, there is no wet market infecting dozens at a time. Not saying there won't be issues here or there, but doubt i spreads as rapidly. Of course as I type this got a big botlle of santitizer and have my UV light burning. LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ah, got ya.
Those organizations talk a big game.

Individual quarantine would work until the number of individuals being quarantined grew to big to control. There would always be that handful of rebels who’d ignore the quarantine order. There is no good scenario really. Let’s hope we don’t have to find out.

I’m purchasing stock in Lysol and Kleenex as we speak lol!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why anyone is worrying about this is beyond me. It's gonna end in one of three ways for all of you:
  • You die from it
  • You die from it and come back as a zombie
  • Nothing

Right now I'm going back and forth between #2 and #3.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why anyone is worrying about this is beyond me. It's gonna end in one of three ways for all of you:
  • You die from it
  • You die from it and come back as a zombie
  • Nothing

Right now I'm going back and forth between #2 and #3.

I just watched Train to Busan. I really hope it isn't #2!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It would honestly be the most entertaining of all the potential possibilities. It solves the over population issue and I get to put my personal assistant to work reloading my rifles while I plink the unlucky SOB's from my secure bunker.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm so damned old and disease-ridden that Wu-Flu is just going to have to get in f###ing line with the rest of the god-damned things that are trying to kill me and wait like everything else!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm on that line too by the way, 12th person back, twirling a Louisville Slugger.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
“Sorry sir, you can’t be allowed to leave the quarantine area because you will spread the virus”

“REEEEEEEEEEEEEE My body my choice REEEEEEEE”

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think that's what all those Fema camps are for. The one with the plastic coffins by the thousands.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Something else to consider: what happens when the drug dealers in those cities can't get resupplied?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The US won't have to quarantine cities if needed they will quarantine patients and their homes might be problematic for apartment or condo dwellers, but I'd imagine the system wont be overwhelmed because we aren't eating snakes and bats here,

There is an epidemic of bedbugs. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Will Eric Dane and the USS Nathan James arrive in time to save the world ?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The vision I have of an armed fleet of people on mobility scooters is hilarious.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
well they could shut down the highways first,and all transport. no fly zone,then shut down the power immediately to throw everyone but the people who know into chaos.. Surrounds the city and suspend constitutional rights for said city so you eliminate the ability to sue or prosecute soldiers who will have to kill runners. The re activate the power after quarantine is in place.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I'm due west of Chicago just on the other side of lake Michigan and we can see it on some days. Now it does make me a bit nervous because the dew in the morning comes off your car like mud so can anything else make the trip??? Not to mention our town is a Chicago vacation home central on the lake.

Neighbor and I have a few AK's And SKS's with a box or three of ammo, so we'll be fine.

How are you due west of Chicago just on the other side of Lake Michigan?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join