It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
2 confirmed cases in Adelaide, Australia. A couple in their 60's have been here since 20th Jan visiting relatives. It's being said that they have not traveled anywhere so there is no concern for spread... apparently. There are still another 8 suspected cases and 12 more tested negative.
edit on 1-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: saltytears

This halfway through mentions the CDC wanting to patent SARS.

"Following this policy, the CDC has submitted a patent application on the SARS virus and its entire genetic content.''

source

edit on 1-2-2020 by Ch1m3ra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Anyone arriving from China, except Australian citizens and permanent residents, will not be allowed to enter Australia, prime minister says

I have noted in this thread sometime ago, and this'll be the second, the horse has bolted but thanks for trying anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would suggest being stuck in a small space with someone who is infected breathing less than 6 feet away is more likely! He was the taxi driver after all.

edit on 1-2-2020 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ch1m3ra

What's your point?

edit on 2/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 11,987 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm merely pointing out that a peer-reviewed publication Melbourne Journal of International Law has a 2004 article discussing patent law and SARS and happens to mention CDC wanting to patent SARS.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ch1m3ra

It also says that Canada and Hong Kong wanted to do so as well.

It also makes it quite clear why.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Indeed.

The Canadian patent:

SARS virus nucleotide and amino acid sequences and uses thereof

The invention provides, in part, the genomic sequence of a putative coronavirus, the SARS virus, and provides novel nucleic acid and amino acid sequences that may be used, for example, for the diagnosis, prophylaxis, or therapy of a variety of SARS virus related disorders.

The US CDC patent which does show that the status is expired for 2020:

Disclosed herein is a newly isolated human coronavirus (SARS-CoV), the causative agent of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Also provided are the nucleic acid sequence of the SARS-CoV genome and the amino acid sequences of the SARS-CoV open reading frames, as well as methods of using these molecules to detect a SARS-CoV and detect infections therewith. Immune stimulatory compositions are also provided, along with methods of their use.

Coronavirus isolated from humans

I'm not defending the misinformation. I'm intrigued that there is enough muddy waters that it is hard to ascertain what is the truth.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Just read that its now known that the Chinese government is restricting the use of testing kits to keep the numbers low. They're only issuing hospitals a certain number per day.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

bnonews.com...

There are currently 12,002 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh

bnonews.com...

There are currently 11,976 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

Good to see that it's slowing down. Well at least the figures they are releasing are anyway. We will get a better picture in a few more days. It's already sliding down the headline list..

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Good News....

UPDATE: Man infected with coronavirus was not contagious during recent trip to Cleveland

www.cleveland19.com...

was he not? how did they determine that, by testing everyone he came in contact with? really?

twitter.com...

NBC News on Friday night didn't even mention he'd been to Ohio. Geez, thanks Lester. Keep up the good work. Not!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Just a thought...

What if those videos of bodies on the streets of Wuhan ARE real?

Maybe the 259 reported dead.. are only the 258 that have died in the hospital?

If they find bodies in the streets.. they arent likely to perform biopsies. Not in a city with 10 million plus in quarrantine. They probably just take em to the morgue and dispose of them without checking for a cause of death.

Think about how many may have died without them checking for the reason. Theres only so many coroners.

Common sense tells me if those people on the street dropped dead from this virus then there will be many more lying in their beds dead. The ones seen on the streets would be just the tip of the tip of the iceberg. Also take into account that most videos would have been censored by the government and taken down so these are just the ones that have got out.. however there are over a billion Chinese most are probably wearing face masks and every day there will be people dropping dead from heart attacks strokes falls e.t.c. it could just be some of those that have been filmed..I know where I live is hardly a week goes by where someone elderly falls to the ground and you could easily have taken a photo of them and pass it off as something else. Out of everything we are seeing on the internet the most disturbing for me is the barricading of people in their homes, that does look genuine , I would like to think there's another reason for it but I can't come up with one.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
All conspiracy theories aside...
I think this article that was published yesterday in Sciencemag sums up pretty good what the 'facts' are about the origins of the virus so far and what it still a big 'unknown'.

a lot of researchers out there are looking for proof of origin and I personally belief that a lot of those would not participate in a coverup...

It’s not just a “curious interest” to figure out what sparked the current outbreak, Daszak says. “If we don't find the origin, it could still be a raging infection at a farm somewhere, and once this outbreak dies, there could be a continued spillover that’s really hard to stop. But the jury is still out on what the real origins of this are.”

sciencemag article

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

exactly..

in the first week of this outbreak hospitals told many sick people to go home..
then the quarantine started..

I'm thinking there's a tonne of sick and deceased not known about..
its why i said earlier, id like to find someone on wechat in wuhan and ask them to compare the lights on at night in apartments... if theres less
a few days ago there were movies of apartments being boarded up and metal brackets welded to the doors..

edit on 1/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Beijing and Shanghai jumped around 20% today +29 and +32 respectively

.. so far, the days not over

edit on 1/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

bnonews.com...

There are currently 12,019 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
As an ex RN one of the things that I keep thinking is that on a 'normal' day a city of 11 million will have x number of hospital beds filled with the usual; heart attacks, gallstones, liver failure, non Corona infections, cancer patients etc..none of those people will be any less sick because of this virus epidemic. And so the true number of dead must be higher as a secondary cause to the actual virus. In addition, those reliant on those now currently sick but would have previously been carers like the poor cerebral palsy lad reported to have died cos his parents were hospitalised. I'd like to see the figures for ALL dead for Wuhan in the last 28 days. Including those who have been cremated without questions asked. But I guess we won't see that for some time, if ever.

On the plus side, and I don't mean to be glib there will be less RTA victims and respiratory cases from pollution.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Natural news is talking about sacrificing a lot of people to benefit CCP ,army and industrial key areas...

I dont know true or not...well i do believe that CCP is good at sacrificing..

BRUTAL: Chinese Leaders to Sacrifice Coronavirus-Infected Cities to Save 11 Others; Prepared to Accept Millions of Fatalities

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join