It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Suns Binary and Spiritual Second Sun (Coverup)

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
With Epiphany, in truth the only thing to change over the years has been the birth of Christ, in Bethlehem we have records that several centuries after Christ, it was celebrated on 6th January, but changed over time to 25th December.
www.crossroadsinitiative.com...
During the period of Christ, in the Julian Calendar, the Winter Solstice was falling on 25th December, so it believed that the church changed the date to get rid of pagan religions where their gods were born on approx. date.
The 19th Century writer Edward Carpenter has other interpretations, some of which i don't agree with in his book "Pagan and Christian Creeds", especially about Osiris, who was born allegedly in the last five days of the Egyptian Calendar, but that ended in summer months:-
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Astronomer62
a reply to: [post=25014734]Byrd[/post.
This doesn't make any sense, could you please show where i said that Epiphany was in September, obviously it is 6th January?
www.agos.com.tr...
You asked for any events in scriptures that were aligned to Sirius, the early church thought that the Birth, arrival of the three wise men, the first miracle of turning water into wine and Jesus's baptism were all on 6th January.

These events were not far from Bethlehem, and by Hebrew day start would happen at sunset on 5th January while Sirius was rising in the East.

Okay. Got it. And I can confirm it with other sources... however... these sources also say that the dates for these other events were moved in later church history (around 400 AD) www.catholicnewsagency.com...

Now... if these things really did have something to do with Sirius (which I doubt because there's no emphasis on it in early Church theology that I see), then the new dates should also reflect this.

Mirsilio Ficino who was slightly earlier than Calendar reform who was a Catholic Priest was heavily involved with Hermeticism, and many Popes did practice astrology of the period, as shown below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Quote from link below:-
"Emperors and popes became votaries of astrology-- the Emperors Charles IV and V, and Popes Sixtus IV, Julius II, Leo X, and Paul III. When these rulers lived astrology was, so to say, the regulator of official life; it is a fact characteristic of the age, that at the papal and imperial courts ambassadors were not received in audience until the court astrologer had been consulted."
www.newadvent.org...

However, in astrology, Sirius was not particularly significant. The planets were far more important, as was the sun and the relationships.

The Coptic Church in Egypt still uses a remnant of the old Egyptian Calendar.
www.copticchurch.net...

I'll grant that. But it's not based on Sirius.

As far as the Vatican Obelisk is concerned, i don't have more material, but what doesn't make sense is having a pagan symbol in the Vatican back yard in the first place, aligned to Sirius.

I have read that it's NOT aligned to Sirius... but is set up so that it can also be used as a sundial. Sundial makes sense frankly. Sirius doesn't.

The date of Vatican Obelisk by sunrise has Sirius culminating. but we can move on to the Theatines, being a Catholic religious order, being given authority with Exponi Nobis on 24th June 1524 in Rome, Italy, link below:-
catholicunderthehood.com...
Hermetic astrology seems have been applied as the Sun rises with Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris Star:-

edit on 15-3-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Adding info.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Pontificial approval of the Barnabites Catholic religious order was on 18 Feb. 1533 in Rome, Egyptian sunrise day marker was chosen, while Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star was on the Nadir or True North:-
www.barnabites.com...

The Coptic Calendar is symbolic of Sirius rising with the Sun, however i don't think it aligns anywhere on Earth on first of Thout or Thoth being New Year on 11th September in our era, but 11th September does align sometimes to Alnilam, information below:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62
I thought i would leave links to a modern religious order within the Catholic Church being Opus Dei, firstly i thought i would leave link below:-
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Opus dei has an interesting alignment, exactly the same as the Vatican Obelisk, you will remember them from the Dan Brown fiction book:-
www.theguardian.com...

Catholic priest Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer is alleged to have had a vision on 2nd October 1928 in Madrid, Spain, which established the Catholic Order:-
en.wikipedia.org...

As the Sun rose on that day and location, being ancient Egyptian day marker, Sirius was culminating at True South, astronomy graph below:-

They need to keep whipping themselves as this is an Hermetic intentional alignment!!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Catholic Gunpowder Plot Conspiracy danger was very real in blowing up the King and Parliament, it should have happened on 5th November 1605, however this is a Julian Calendar date after 1582 when the Gregorian calendar was established where England and colonies didn't adopt the new calendar until 1752.
Therefore to be accurate to astronomy, we need to add 10 days, so 5th November becomes 15th November 1605 in London.
Ancient Egyptian sunrise day start was used as Sirius set in the West, graph and link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The Catholic Gunpowder Plot Conspiracy danger was very real in blowing up the King and Parliament, it should have happened on 5th November 1605, however this is a Julian Calendar date after 1582 when the Gregorian calendar was established where England and colonies didn't adopt the new calendar until 1752.
Therefore to be accurate to astronomy, we need to add 10 days, so 5th November becomes 15th November 1605 in London.
Ancient Egyptian sunrise day start was used as Sirius set in the West, graph and link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...

Honestly, given the number of days that Sirius is rising or setting during a particular year, you can assign all sorts of events to it. This doesn't mean that the two are tied.

As an example, there are blue cars driving on the road every day that there's a house fire in the US. This doesn't mean a significant connection between house fires and blue cars.

In astrological research, you have to define the quality of an event and time it as exactly as you can. For instance, did the Pope always sign declarations about the founding of orders at dawn precisely and did every single Pope do this? If so, then there's something very significant to the Church about dawn and religious orders. If it was done as the Pope got around to it that day, then there is no significance to it.

edit on 16-3-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Gregorian Calendar become an icon of the Christian World, it was aligned to Sirius.
It is hypocrisy that the Catholic Church burned people for having different beliefs in the Inquisition, when all the time they were following ancient Egyptian beliefs.
In Rome on 21st July 1542 the Inquisition started, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
A few years later on 21st July 1550, the Jesuits gained acceptance.
en.wikipedia.org...
I'm only showing the Jesuit astronomy graph as the Inquisition graph would show the same, the powerful deliberate alignment, Sirius rising with the Sun!

The English protestant's did get their own back with the Armada from Spain and supported by Pope Sixtus V, they used Sirius rising with the Sun at dawn to attack the Spanish Armada outside Gravelines, France on 8th August 1588.
www.worldbook.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Honestly, given the number of days that Sirius is rising or setting during a particular year, you can assign all sorts of events to it. This doesn't mean that the two are tied.

As an example, there are blue cars driving on the road every day that there's a house fire in the US. This doesn't mean a significant connection between house fires and blue cars.

In astrological research, you have to define the quality of an event and time it as exactly as you can. For instance, did the Pope always sign declarations about the founding of orders at dawn precisely and did every single Pope do this? If so, then there's something very significant to the Church about dawn and religious orders. If it was done as the Pope got around to it that day, then there is no significance to it.

In the most ancient of astrological beliefs called Paranatellonta days were marked by the Sun and stars, midnight was middle of the night but too inaccurate to find for alignments due to the use of water clocks and changing the amount of water for each day, in hot countries evaporation was also a big problem.
Midnight was used with the emerging clock during Gregorian calendar reform:-
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Before 1582 this type of astrology marked days by sunrise or sunset, i use only 1 degree for my astronomy charts as this lasts for one day as shown below:-
www.polaris.iastate.edu...

This means in a year Sirius will only show on compass directions of True East, West, North or South 8 times in a year before 1582, after when midnight was used, this increased to 12 days.
The same applies to Alnilam, however in our present era, one midnight alignment can get lost in Summer Time application.
Further to this any location can and does get a double alignment on dates that happens on average twice in a year, therefore we would get 20-21 alignments in a year of 365 days by chance, roughly under two times per month.
The chances reduce by clustering events that are connected, you should find the events of 1752 interesting when Britain and Colonies including USA eventually implimented the Gregorian Calendar, as there was a rare alignment at midnight, i will show that tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

In the most ancient of astrological beliefs called Paranatellonta days were marked by the Sun and stars, midnight was middle of the night but too inaccurate to find for alignments due to the use of water clocks and changing the amount of water for each day, in hot countries evaporation was also a big problem.
Midnight was used with the emerging clock during Gregorian calendar reform:-
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Did you mean to cite that article? It contradicts what you're saying. That article identifies paranatellonta as a Greek concept and says that IF It arose in Egypt, this happened about the time of the Ptolemies (in Hellenized Egypt, about 300 BC.) The original article (it's in German) is here: (Quack is a noted Egyptologist, by the way)

Your assessment of their ability to do astrology isn't correct. There's a good book online about Babylonian astrology (Rochberg, Francesca. Babylonian horoscopes. Vol. 81. American Philosophical Society, 1998. -- (this should be the link )

...therefore we would get 20-21 alignments in a year of 365 days by chance, roughly under two times per month.
The chances reduce by clustering events that are connected....

Actually, it increases the odds that irrelevant data will creep in.

Plus, you haven't defined what supposedly happens on these dates. I don't see any pattern to them... any number of other important things occur on other dates and there's no indication that people delayed things to coincide with Sirius (things that DO, however, happen with the Aztecs and to some degree with the Hindus -- well, not Sirius, actually, but astrological events.)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

To pick a day when Sirius or Alnilam is in an auspicious area of the sky would come under the heading of "Electional Astrology", it was once used to plan wars etc, it looks likely that it is still used in the politics of the world:-
en.wikipedia.org...
I think that those that align Sirius and Alnilam feel it is heaven, where souls go to, or is where god lives. They align events to get good fortune in their actions, whether this works or not is highly controversial!
Probably the best way to explain this is the action of President Eisenhower who approved the Motto of "In God We Trust" for the United States on 30th July 1956 in Washington DC.
en.wikipedia.org...
The heliacal rising of Sirius is very auspicious, it is thought that the ancient Egyptian calendar started on this day, so perhaps we all follow Egyptian Gods and Goddesses, but didn't know it!

Hi Byrd,
A lot of what you ask now has been already discussed on this thread, for the reasons of the beliefs on Hermetic philosophy, usaully the alignments are intentional regarding war, constitutions, days when religious orders are established, when the Gregorian Calendar was established, very important buildings were established or Hermetic monuments.
I will get back to Washington D.C. soon regarding security services.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman
Hi Justoneman,
I was born into Church of England, and still am a luke warm Christian, these days i'm more spiritual in nature without dogma.
I'm very careful with religion, and have never said Christians are wasting their time, my interest is about another religion called Hermeticism that few have heard of, and uses the stars to align to dates, in fact nowhere in Christian dogma's does it say we should treat Sirius as a god or heaven.
I thought i would explain a little more the "Sothic Cycle", i have on a previous page shown that Sirius behaves the same as other stars in regards to axial precession.
It is controversial to say that Sirius was the start of the Egyptian calender for more than once in every 1,460 Julian Years, as the calendar didn't use leap years, however trying to find when this happened going backwards in time has huge problems, links below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
There are records that Sirius rose with the Sun on the first day of the Egyptian Calender on 20th July 0139 AD, but where did they view it from.....it could be Aswan, Thebes near Luxor, or Memphis near Cairo, but none of these places will show this, quote from Sothic Cycle link below:-
"Discovery
This cycle was first noticed by Eduard Meyer in 1904, who then carefully combed known Egyptian inscriptions and written materials to find any mention of the calendar dates when Sirius rose at dawn. He found six of them, on which the dates of much of the conventional Egyptian chronology are based. A heliacal rise of Sirius was recorded by Censorinus as having happened on the Egyptian New Year's Day between AD 139 and 142.[3] The record actually refers to 21 July AD 140 but is astronomically calculated as a definite 20 July AD 139."
The reasons for this is it was the Greeks who were able to place both Sirius and the Sun exactly on the horizon by calcalating mathematics and geometry, but you wouldn't be able to see this as the sky would be too bright, this method was called a cosmic alignment.
The Egyptian's never used this method, they did it by seeing the first glow in the East of the Sun rising, and seeing Sirius rising, so i do not have an accurate measure for this and could have changed over time and location of viewing it from, you can see by diagram provided how far Sirius is above horizon at sunrise on 20th July 0139 AD, to make calcalations involving all this is highly dubious.

Hi Byrd,
We have already established that the Egyptians were fuzzy over the Sothic Cycle, and Sirius didn't rise with the Sun on even a small amount of times to how we could calcalate on the first day of Thoth being New Year in the Egyptian Calendar, because the Egyptian Calendar never had any leap days added, in 100 years Sirius would be approx. 25 degrees off rising with the Sun, so the working of their calendar it steeped in mystery.
But legends persisted, so we come to Hermes Trismegistus, which i feel all these beliefs came from, that are apparent today in secret beliefs, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
In 1582 these beliefs did creep into the Catholic Church during the time of Calendar re-calibration, you can see this in the floor of Siena Cathedral with picture of Hermes Trismegistus ( not sure he even existed), link below:-
operaduomo.siena.it...
You say that you were trained as an astrologer, so it should be easy for you to use Astro-Dienst where you can calibrate a chart for yourself, use extented chart options to get projected fixed stars on the ecliptic, which isn't accurate to astronomy, so the first Gregorian New Year in Rome at midnight is time, 00:00 1st January 1583 after calendar reform, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Link to Astro-Dienst below, work it out by yourself, remember you need to see connection to M.C. and Sirius:-
www.astro.com...
There is no need to debate early astrology attempts by the Egyptians, legends persisted and by 1582 astrology was well established, and the Catholic Church thought they would follow suit with the legends about Egypt and Sirius rising with the Sun on New Years Day.
Clocks by 1582 were being established, therefore the start of the day was changed to midnight with Sirius culminating!

I have already noted that the Sothic Cycle can not be trusted when parans first started the Greeks or Egyptians were not able to see Sirius rising with the Sun therefore plotted it before Sun rise, how far before sunrise is dubious to location viewed from and how long before sunrise????
However when the Greeks invaded Egypt, this changed, it was the period when the Greeks could plot the heliacal rising of Sirius with both Sun and Sirius on the horizon.
Quote from Work and days below:-
"But when Orion and Sirius are come into midheaven, [610] and rosy-fingered Dawn sees Arcturus,1 then cut off all the grape-clusters, Perses, and bring them home."
Hesiod wrote about 700 BC, so it would be dubious to calcalate dates from Sothic Cycle.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-3-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Astronomer62

This all just evidence that people are superstitious, that they engineer coincidence in an effort to produce the illusion of fate and cosmic influence. We give names to the stars, they do not name us. We give life to gods, they do not give us life. Vicarious spirituality is the mirror in which we find identity because the one we have now is lonely and horrifying. The psychology of astronomy is painfully transparent but you choose to believe numbers are alive and want us to acknowledge them, not the other way around. That is your right.

Hi TzarChasm,
Please don't miss-quote me,
I have always said what i find are beliefs, as CanadianMason will tell you, i have never said anything other as an archaeoastronomer.
What i have said is "This is enough for conspiracy as many heads of state follow this process of belief in hermeticism, which voters are unaware of, in general aligning a date or building doesn't effect us, but what are the ethics of this religion, that controls us?
All this is secret society beliefs, and i have never said this is what effected the outcome, but by the nature of the beliefs in war it has influenced history, the beliefs are there in 9/11, that go back to 1922, and the process of where we are today is influenced by these beliefs, not the stars.

In Purplemer's favour i have to say i was shaken by the amount of Presidents of the United States had a connection to either Sirius or Alnilam by birth or death at location, but to have a thesis, i would have to go through every country of the world, which slowly i'm doing, which i will show in a long time from now, the next will be Prime Ministers of the UK.

I'm very carefull what i say, and i have always said it is the beliefs, not the stars that influence history:-

Excellent, we are on the same page. So what are the beliefs and "purposes" that compel this engineering of collusion between human affairs and the activity of the heavens? What is the intended reward for such manipulation? Is it just the occult version of roulette?

As stated in above, these are beliefs, and if not and these stars do influence the world, i have not the data to support it.
Abstract

"The term "paranatellonta" is well-known in greek astrological literature. It designates stars either rising together with the sun or being in other conspicuous positions to it. Tentatively, a forerunner of this conception is identified in an egyptian depiction attested several times from the 13th century BC onwards. There, "gods" are depicted who are defined by their positions in regard to the sun-god. It seems possible to connect their positions with the typical meanings of the word paranatellonta. Some reflections on the contribution of Egypt to hellenistic astrology are added, including some references to the largely unpublished corpus of demotic egyptian astrological texts."
Obviously in Egyptian text from 13th Century BC, long before Greeks invading Egypt.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

So Now Byrd is an expert on astrology practices?
I leave a link to Parans below, it must be noted regarding Calendar Reform that i value this as intentional astrology but the forum is highly prized for astrologers, i have been a member for 13 years.
Show me where Byrd has been involved in astrology research for at least 13 years, you soon get clipped if you say something incorrect, over time i was accepted as an archaeoastronomer, it wasn't easy, so am used to this type of debate!
The next area of debate is when Britain and Colonies adopted Gregorian Calendar which has startling alignments that i will explain after viewing me under avatar "Monk", different to my avatar here being "Astrononomer 62", but we both have the same avatar picture on astrology forum:-
www.astrologyweekly.com...
Indeed i have been involved in astrology research from before 1977, as mentioned below:-

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
In truth all our history can be legends and playing with astrology, as shown below:-
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Link came from the same place that involved Paranatellonta, that Byrd valued so much, being the link i originately gave.
So now i explain Parans, the day is aligned by Sunrise, Sunset or midnight after 1582, before 1582 midnight wasn't included.
Time of day isn't included as in other astrology, it is just day marked. However actual time can be included but would stand out like a sore thumb with intentional astrology. It does happen sometimes as in the Assassination of President Lincoln, but there are reasons for this, as it had Good Friday symbolism!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The Premier astrologer on paran history and fixed stars is Bernadette Brady, book below:-

I have a number of astrology and astronomy discs, including "Starlight" From Bernadette Brady that i cross reference for accuracy:-
www.zyntara.com...
I last talked to Bernadette two weeks ago, however we have emailed each other since 2007, as shown below, old email address, no longer working:-

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
To fully understand the protestant British adoption of the Gregorian Calendar in 1752, that also effected the US colonies, we need to note why date was chosen.
The Gregorian Calendar already had Sirius on the M.C. by the inaccurate projected onto the Ecliptic measure at midnight on 1st January, so if we look at the first British New Year being 1753, we find a rare alignment as Jupiter was also conjunct the M.C.
Astrologers use two different measures regarding fixed stars, as explained below:-
astrologeratlarge.com...
Jupiter conjunct M.C. and Sirius would expand the influence of Sirius in beliefs, link below:-
www.insightfulpsychics.com...
You can see how rare this alignment is by link below:-
www.wisdomportal.com...
How this looks by an astrology chart is below, more on this tomorrow:-

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

So Now Byrd is an expert on astrology practices?

When I was younger (early 1970's), I worked as a professional astrologer and as a psychic for several years, yes... as many here know. I did a little medical astrology research on my own because I was interested.

Now, I didn't actually want to get into a long and tiresome discussion about natal charts and event timing and the aspects and how the change of a few hours completely changes the aspects in the sky. However, if this interests you I can start approaching that angle as well.

I will point out that since the planets are billions of miles closer than Sirius, they have a far more powerful impact than a single star.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The archeoastronomer at hand has made a point of saying that he does not personally place importance on astrological influences, but rather the influence of astrology on culture and in particular, the Elite.

Personally, I think he makes use of some broad leaps and cherry picking to extend the scope of that influence.

edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Hi Phage,
Both you and Byrd were at fault in saying Sirius doesn't culminate on 1st January in the first place as you have to adjust time zones back to local time which was the standard of time until train schedules.
For your location for 1st January put the Sun on the Nadir or True North to see Sirius culminating, at least we can establish this!

The British calendar reform sticks out like a sore thumb, as Byrd will know when attempting intentional astrology, for Jupiter is highly prized, and is within one degree of culminating on the first Gregorian New year for England and colonies on 1st January 1753 at midnight in London, the seat of government, and was conjunct Sirius by the inaccurate projected onto the ecliptic measure that many astrologers use.
I'm hardly cherry picking as this didn't happen again within one degree for 250 years, so is very rare:-
www.wisdomportal.com...
Before this time, Britain used Lady Day, being 25th March as the start of the year, which if you follow the Julian Calendar back to origin was when the Vernal Equinox started and the Winter Solstice was on 25th December:-
en.wikipedia.org...-religious_significance
Jupiter takes 11:86 years to orbit the Sun:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Astronomy picture below showing the culmination of Jupiter on 1st January 1753 at midnight within one degree, which didn't happen again until 2002, the date of change over to Gregorian Calendar was carefully chosen!

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join