It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British woman 19, court says she lied about gang rape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Dancing Israelis.

Does the truth even matter?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The messed up part is, people will read what you just wrote and say you're "woman-bashing" or "slut-shaming." You're not bashing all women, or even all promiscuous women, you're just bashing the kind of scumbag woman that will falsely accuse a man of a felony just to save herself a little embarrassment. The way people can twist themselves into pretzels to make YOU the bad guy for that is insane.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The messed up part is, people will read what you just wrote and say you're "woman-bashing" or "slut-shaming." You're not bashing all women, or even all promiscuous women, you're just bashing the kind of scumbag woman that will falsely accuse a man of a felony just to save herself a little embarrassment. The way people can twist themselves into pretzels to make YOU the bad guy for that is insane.

You're not looking at this without bias.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
a reply to: network dude

Still not sure about this case. She was without a solicitor at the time her "confession" was given and she says she was forced to write it under duress by the local police.

This is definitely something ^^^ to pay attention to.

It’s equally as sad when a rape victim is coerced into retracting their claims because the police are corrupt and can be bought to do the bidding for suspects. It’s difficult to know what real truth is anymore in this manipulative, corrupt world.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I'm looking at it as someone that acknowledges women do wrong too. And when they do they should be held accountable, just like men. Explain where the problem is there.

ETA: Oh the irony:

a reply to: Sheye

The whole thing stinks.

I have personal history with the Aegean police and they're not to be trusted.

edit on 30 12 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The whole thing stinks.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Not needed.
edit on 30 12 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Before anybody gets on their high horse about this one, we should remember that she's apparently only admitted to this without any legal representation present. I'm not saying that makes her innocent but it just seems a little fishy to me. Let's see how it develops.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The whole thing stinks.

For some reason I trust you completely on that statement.. sorry you had to experience difficult times.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm looking at it that acknowledges women do wrong too. And when they do they should be held accountable, just like men. Explain where the problem is there.

I 100% agree that false rape claims are made and should be punished by the same standard as the deed it's self but this whole case stinks.

Why did she have no legal representation when she signed the "Confession".

Answer me that and I will consider whether the Israeli gang rapers where pure of heart or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You're reading this all wrong. She had consensual sex with one guy but not the rest. She reported rape. She was raped by the majority. Buuuttt, the police coerced her into retracting her first statement of rape. Then they let the men go back to their own country then the police brought forward her coerced statement and charged her with false accusations.
Also I cannot find ANY refutal off any of the accused. If they were accused falsly surely they would be up in arms defending themselves. The whole thing stinks.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm looking at it that acknowledges women do wrong too. And when they do they should be held accountable, just like men. Explain where the problem is there.

I 100% agree that false rape claims are made and should be punished by the same standard as the deed it's self but this whole case stinks.

Why did she have no legal representation when she signed the "Confession".

Answer me that and I will consider whether the Israeli gang rapers where pure of heart or not.

So you've judged them guilty already? Doesn't seem like you're as open-minded as you think you are. I've said this entire thing is a mess, God knows who is the real victim(s) in this case. It could go either way.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Oh yeah, I have plenty of bias against the sh1tbags that claim to be "Law Enforcement" along with their Canadian cohorts.

None of them give a single sh1t about justice. All they give a sh1t about is protecting their tourism and living a quiet life.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So you've judged them guilty already? 

Yes.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I have plenty of bias against the sh1tbags that claim to be "Law Enforcement" along with their Canadian cohorts.

None of them give a single sh1t about justice. All they give a sh1t about is protecting their tourism and living a quiet life.

While I have no doubt that happens, that doesn't mean you know the merits of every case. But I know you think you're so smart you can tell what happened either way. You're not.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

How do you prove a rape didn't happen?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If the girl fabricated the story then she's guilty if the legal system decides this to be the truth. The poor inocent lads put through the mill by her claime. 5he only thing that plays on the mind is Cyprus and Israel have become very close evonomically due to the new shared gas field and politically too following this shared gold mine over the past few years. Who knows what that means?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
If the girl fabricated the story then she's guilty if the legal system decides this to be the truth. The poor inocent lads put through the mill by her claime. 5he only thing that plays on the mind is Cyprus and Israel have become very close evonomically due to the new shared gas field and politically too following this shared gold mine over the past few years. Who knows what that means?

You're exactly right, unfortunately. Trade deals and economic ties come well before justice these days.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The me too movement is losing steam and with damn good reason. Why should one persons lie destroy another group of men’s lives. I’m not saying ignore the facts. I am saying present some facts before charging people.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Yeah it does make one wonder. Greeks and israelis never really hit it off until 1 the Turks started getting a bit OTT Islamic and both small countries seeing a potential and very populous shared enemy and 2 Greeks and Israelis found themselves living on massive gas wealth to be shared. Hey who knows what's going on but it does make one wonder

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join