It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British woman 19, court says she lied about gang rape

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
originally posted by: Boadicea

I'll go along with ^^^^that^^^^

It's probably a combination of the two, both indicating a lack of demand. I took a look at false rape reporting data, and of the many reported studies, it seems to be a consistent 5% +/- of reported rapes. And though I haven't looked at the numbers recently, I know the number of unreported rapes is staggeringly high.

After all a woman would be rather stupid to accuse a man without any

DNA evidence ?

Even with DNA evidence, it's too easy for a man to claim consent, and then there needs to be evidence/proof of force... and even with bruises, other indications of harm, men are increasingly getting away with the "she likes it rough" defense. And too often, that's past tense, because the woman was killed during that rough "consensual" sex.

I recall a young woman who kept a blue dress...... wise move !!

Or... even a broken clock is right twice a day
Fortuitious for whatever reason though, eh?

Actually, I think it was Linda Tripp that told her to keep the dress? Or did Monica just tell Linda that she kept the dress? I don't remember now...

I do remember that John Goodman was hilarious as Linda Tripp on SNL though!

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just been on the news that the British public have raised £80,000 in the

last 24 hours on the *go fund me* for/towards her defense.

Go Girl

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You haven't actually read up on this story have you. Its actually more complex than your knee jerk reaction.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: face23785
I had a friend who was falsely accused of sexual assault. I know for a fact it was false because I was present when it supposedly happened. It didn't. In that case, it was because her friends were making fun of her for having made out with my friend, so it gradually turned from regret to nonconsent. There are all kinds of reasons why girls lie about this stuff. Regretting you did something doesn't make it the other person's fault.

This is why women aren't believed. Women who are victims of the real thing are further victims of this type of crap. They (the ones who make false claims) definitely need to face charges.

It is because of stuff like the above that I've never been one to believe in one night stands and porking drunk women. Also avoided sleeping with women at the work place. Just too much risk in jilted lovers trying to accuse you.

Women love to play innocent, but many absolutely know they can falsely accuse a man and will do so to get their way.

Porking drunk women is rape.
But how many females would admit not being there when sex occured because they were so drunk?

Men do get women drunk on purpose so they can take advantage

And considering that most rapists walk free according to statistics and now this accusation toward this 19 year old girl will help rapists get away with it even more.......because even less rape victims will bother reporting it.
edit on 1-1-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I would say Men get Woman drunk so they may have a better chance of getting there end away.

But that's a two-way street where the woman generally kens what's happening and where the evening is going.

Plus in this day of age its not beyond the realms of possibility for a woman to do the same in an attempt to get into the dudes pants.

Rape on the other hand well that's just wrong no matter the context or situation.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Does she ken though??
And spiking drinks??

A man may assume that she kens what's happening and where it is going..... just because he does.

edit on 1-1-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

That remains to be seen i suppose.

Spiking drinks is just wrong on so many levels, if you need to do stuff like that to get your end away, probably best to form a relationship with the left hand, sad bastards that they are.

Ive been steaming, with plenty of wee birds(in the past now all the same me being in a relationship for 17 years) who were also steaming and madwifit beyond belief, shagging away at all angles, and I've never been accused to anything spurious.

I suppose its all in the game really and in not being a creepy rapist, but lets not be tagging all dudes with the same brush, because fact of the matter, most guys are not up for sex if it's not consensual down to the fact that its sick and wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
It's a difficult one.

Would she be in the right frame of mind for sex if she was not drunk?
Can anyone actually truly consent when they are drunk?
That's the question.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Possibly.

And they can indeed.

That being said, "no" means "no" and any dude that's not a complete and utter wrong'yin knows perfectly fine when a woman is up for sex, and when shes not for that matter.

It's not rocket science, but it does need to be consensual.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I suppose its all in the game really and in not being a creepy rapist, but lets not be tagging all dudes with the same brush, because fact of the matter, most guys are not up for sex if it's not consensual down to the fact that its sick and wrong.

Not to mention in this case it was not just one guy but a queue of them.

It goes without saying hardly consensual when she was being restrained.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes it's not a pretty picture painted.

My bet is something is off, and if that's the case the guys should have known better.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
you are more likely to be hit by a meteor than be falsely accused of rape.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin
you are more likely to be hit by a meteor than be falsely accused of rape.

That's not what these kids said.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

You haven't actually read up on this story have you. Its actually more complex than your knee jerk reaction.

It does seem there is much more to it, and as information comes in, I may change my stance. But that's what discussions are for.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It does seem there is much more to it...

Yes, and in all fairness, that wasn't immediately reported. The initial articles did not provide much of that context at all, including the Fox article you linked. The issues involved were kind of drip fed after those initial articles.

...and as information comes in, I may change my stance. But that's what discussions are for.

Exactly -- and fair enough. When the facts change, opinions often change as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well if dudes are going to gangbang strippers, consent or otherwise, that Muds no coming off the wall, morality still being a thing.

you sound jelly more than anything but try to hide it behind some moralistic bs.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The facts didnt change they were always available. Im in the uk where it has been reported on extensively.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes, I'm jealous I'm not a wrong'yin rapist. LoL

Morality is not BS, its a requirement for life.

You just sound daft. LoL

Just a thought but maybe if you ever have kids, a daughter, in particular, you won't want them to be treated as a piece of meat or used in the manner that poor woman may possibly have been.
edit on 1-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: Boadicea

The facts didnt change they were always available. Im in the uk where it has been reported on extensively.

so there is a completely corrupt government in Cyprus? that's a shame for all who live there.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What if they were both drunk and no one was capable of consent? Are they both rapists by that definition?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join