It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouch!!...Dammit!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Dude, you're killing me here!!

Hey I’m being tame... Imagine if you also had an itchy bottom!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I would have left them in disarray, in their molecular components, in dozens of pieces and on fire....... it would of helped

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

I totally agree. Pain on a completely different level!

On the 1-10 pain scale, my pain needle pegged at 150 like instantly! It was like getting my finger stuck in a pair of pliers with about 3 foot long handles

Ummm...yessir...if pain were measured on the Richter scale...it'd be Quakeageddon…"the pain to eclipse all pain"...

and Olaru would make some cheesy screen play about it...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Man,
I see people using those folding sawhorses all the time, and I always have the same thought-
those things look DANGEROUS!

back in 2014 I was starting my first big renovations and decided it was time to get new sawhorses- mine came with the house and were below waist height- I actually wound up bolting them together for an anvil bench...
But like you, they're all to GD short.

After hours of debating, I wound up buying these:
www.homedepot.com...

A fair bit of work and money (2x6 pressure treated wood for legs and tops) to get a pair of sawhorses but they've never been stored indoors and have held up extremely well. Put them together with SPAX deck screws (imo, the best the depot has to offer)
Currently they're up on the property holding up a 900lb 8'x6' sander that came with the work truck, have been for two years.
They're heavy and suck to move, though. Certainly dont fold- but also don't fail... I'd hate to use them if my job sites moved around all the time, but i've got a better solution for that.

My every day truck is a little tacoma. Some nutter put an 8'x6' aluminum flatbed on it- when it used to have a 6' bed.
she's back-heavy loaded down, and will wheelie if you load her with 12' sheetrock- but the best thing about this truck is it's fairly low.
The flatbed is maybe 32" or so from the ground, unloaded- Perfect height to drop a table saw on and go to work.
Even better, is because it's the every day truck, I actually have to put my tools away at the end of the day- meaning the workbench is virtually always available!

Watch those fingers.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

a reply to: Lagomorphe

Dude, you're killing me here!!

Hey I’m being tame... Imagine if you also had an itchy bottom!

No left handed diggers for me today!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

HA!! You know what the first thing I did was (after I stopped crying like a little girl)???

I stomped them flat and hurled both of 'em out into the rocks in the yard! Damn things!! Good thing we don't have neighbors, cuz they'd have thought I was crazy when they saw a couple sawhorses come sailing out of the garage!

I thought about driving one of the tractors over them a few times, but resisted the temptation. I still might though! They're pissin' me off even being on the property!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Last night I was trying to adjust the height and suddenly they just folded up catching my left middle finger in between the two sides right at the top of my fingernail! It was right at the top of the apex of the legs, so it had all the weight of the legs for leverage. INSTANT PAIN!! OMG it hurt!!! Like unbelievable!! I was seeing flashing colors in my eyes even, just pure agony! PLUS, when they closed on my finger they stuck like that, so my fingertip was stuck inside this vice of a contraption, leaving me with only one hand to extract myself.

I’m calling BS. That never happened.

I was screaming and crying like a little girl.

Never mind. I believe you.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I got the old-school steelies, same color and better shearing action. They
work about as smooth at their age as a 80YO pair of hedge clippers. 'What
closes up in here STAYS in here...' y'ever see those big pink 'n' red polka
dots and nothing else? That one time with the L thumb joint: I couldn't
even swear, it was that nasty. Orange Plan Bad, WAY Bad ROFL.
I can still count to ten but don't wear jewelry on the table saw either,
trust me.

Old story, funny now maybe. [fresh hysterical tears]
Just got out of a Friday (monthly) safety meeting at a monster flywheel
mfr. (main CAT etc. supplier) in 2011... and no more than TEN minutes pass
when a 22" deep dish about 75 lbs shifted in the sling outside the vertical
turret lathe. You can't fix me OR stupid, we're synonymous sometimes.

The nicely machined outside periphery still had an adjacent surface that was
rough cast/corroded and that baby rotated right INTO the bench top. Guess
who's right pinky finger was within 4-5 milliseconds of getting chopped clean
off with an ugly fat pie plate. It's kind of like Poppy said to W "Ya pulled out
too late, George".

LEFT Pinky (uncontrolled group)

RIGHTIE TIGHTY (bastard)

Doc Pappas sewed me up about 45 min. and a half pint of hydro fluid later:
"Eleven stitches, nice job. If you lopped it all off woulda been only seven..."

EDIT: Oops, and bass players need that end guy for finger pickin' the TOP
string(s) occasionally like a musical chameleon wierdo unhingin' his eyes.
Not for another three four months, bucko... it feels like you lost a game of
Mumblypeg with a Garand. Too much information as usual, sorry.
edit on 23-12-2019 by derfreebie because: Too clumsy to be a comedian, I'd get hung with MY OWN mic cord.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I went inside and immediately stuck my finger in a glass of ice water for as long as I could stand.

Ouch!!!

Something for future reference for things like this.

No one should ever be without pure DMSO in their emergency medicine cabinet.

Soaking your finger in DMSO would have been the absolute best thing you could do to protect the tissue from damage, and speed healing.

Oh - go buy some now, I just saw the pics... it will dramatically speed the healing and minimize and damage...
edit on 23-12-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Haha, kind of reminds me of this meme I saw earlier in the morning.

I'm sure angry juice and your daughter weren't present in your situation though 😂

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I didn't think that stuff was legal anymore. Isn't that the stuff they used to use on racehorses? Makes your mouth taste like garlic within about 10 seconds of coming in contact with your skin?

You used to have to get the stuff from a vet. Can you buy it OTC now?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If you can't find any... Killing two cups of bone broth a day for a few weeks might help.

Supposedly the collagen helps with joins and skin healing.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just cut it off, in my country we say "dumb flesh has to come off"

edit on 23-12-2019 by Oleandra88 because: off...i is off... not of

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If you can't find any... Killing two cups of bone broth a day for a few weeks might help.

Supposedly the collagen helps with joins and skin healing.

WOW Stinker, thanks for the bone broth heads-up. I just last Sep. finished a
'scopy on my left rotator cuff... scraped the arthritic scalies out of the inside,
and Dr. Aaron pulled out a bone spur the size of my head at the same time.
Almost all the gristle in there had to get cleared away-- collateral damage.

So I'm asking around about how to build back the joint lubing: and a thera-
pist said "Collagen". So I was otherwise looking at the bottles of my wife's
hand lotion or something else, like spreading some of her cold cream on my
toast.
Apart from tasting like sucking on an air freshener pine tree, it coulda
made my breath a little more liveable I guess... but desperate times call for
extreme measurements. I like the broth deal a little more, thanks again!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I had mine caught between a window and the bottom of the window sill. The nail was black and fell off within a week. It sucked.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
It would not have fallen off, if you would have pulled it with pliers before.

edit on 23-12-2019 by Oleandra88 because: do not ask...

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
I didn't think that stuff was legal anymore. Isn't that the stuff they used to use on racehorses? Makes your mouth taste like garlic within about 10 seconds of coming in contact with your skin?

Yes, thats the stuff, and it is perfectly legal.

You used to have to get the stuff from a vet. Can you buy it OTC now?

From a vet is the cheapest, but lots of places you can buy online, you'll have no problem finding one... it is cheap too...

If you were unaware of the health benefits, I highly recommend buying Dr Stanley Jacobs book on it (also easy to find online, Amazon carries it).

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I won't try and say it's a cure all... But I know it's helped me with my dry skin so far through this cold season. I usually work 60-70 hours a week, and go outside, inside, and wash hands frequently, so dry skin has been a struggle. I've been making a batch every other week and drink a glass every day/every other day. Skin looks like summer time now.

If you do decide to do it, I would make your own. Store bought doesn't really gel up in the fridge like homemade, and I imagine the collagen is what does that.

Should you go that route, I suggest getting an instant pot or a pressure cooker so you aren't dedicating as much time to it. Stock pot take between 12-18 hours, pressure cooker or instant pot is 4 hours all in. Benefit of stock pot, it's cheaper, and you're adding humidity to your house while cooking which is combating one of the causes for dry skin.

6 qt instant pots are 60 bucks at Target right now, and they're a breeze to use, but kind of a pain to clean.

When you're sourcing bones, I suggest finding a butcher who has beef bones in the back. I get mine for 99c a pound. It's a good bulk product to keep in the freezer, but if you're going for joint health, you want to find stuff with more connective tissue. Pigs feet are great for that, and cheap as well, just make sure they aren't smoked as that would throw the flavor off. Chicken feet are also a good cheap thing that will get it collagen rich.

For veggies, I've been freezing scraps and just throwing what I've got in. I do like to add a few peppers myself, I have dried ones in my pantry, and I add a fresh one too. Capsicum is also an anti-inflammatory.

Bone broth is great for the GI too. There are loads of enzymes, and some swear it is one of the few cures for leaky gut.

As always, I implore you to do your own research, you may see some things I didn't cover, or maybe was even wrong about.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Ummm...ouch...

I had the tip of my right index finger pulled off in some gears on a hay rake when I was 12...

pinched the sucker clean off just shy of the bone...

Of course I lied about it and said I fell on some broken glass...I was definitely NOT playing around on the hay rake...

I was very conscious of all the farm equipment and safety first after that little fiasco...

Possibly the nightmares of falling into a live PTO...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join