It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouch!!...Dammit!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
About 10 years ago I bought these Stanley nylon sawhorses at HD. They looked pretty handy because you could adjust the height of them (sawhorses are usually too low for me). In order to adjust the height you have fold them together and then lift the main crossbar up. One side fits inside the other when you fold them together, and it kind of sticks, so it's not real elegant, but it works.

Ever since I've had these things (10 years) I've always thought to myself...'man, I hope I never get my finger caught in between the two sides of the legs when they fold up, that would be nasty!' And I've used these things a million times for all sorts of stuff, and every single time I use them I think the exact same thing. Depending on how you get caught, they could even take a finger off completely. Well, guess what...

Last night I was trying to adjust the height and suddenly they just folded up catching my left middle finger in between the two sides right at the top of my fingernail! It was right at the top of the apex of the legs, so it had all the weight of the legs for leverage. INSTANT PAIN!! OMG it hurt!!! Like unbelievable!! I was seeing flashing colors in my eyes even, just pure agony! PLUS, when they closed on my finger they stuck like that, so my fingertip was stuck inside this vice of a contraption, leaving me with only one hand to extract myself. I was screaming and crying like a little girl. I finally managed to get them apart enough to get my finger out, but the damage was done. (Typing this post even has been an adventure too). My fingernail right at the top was blue and purple!

I went inside and immediately stuck my finger in a glass of ice water for as long as I could stand. The pain was just unimaginable! I had no idea something could hurt that bad! There's a lot of nerves in your fingertips I guess. I'm not 100% sure it didn't break the tip of my finger bone too. Today my whole fingertip is purple all the way around and swollen, and my fingernail looks like someone smashed it with a sledgehammer. And, I'm still sniveling like a little girl today as my fingertip is just throbbing.

I don't have time for this! DAMMIT!!! GRRRRRRrrrrrrrr
edit on 23-12-2019 by DrumsRfun because: edited all caps title

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ummm...pussy...

Oops...wrong thread...

Yeah...last week I dropped a battery (automotive) on the end of my left middle finger...proceeding to mash it but good...

Yum...

Then the next day...I shut my right middle and ring fingers in the door...(always close by the knob...not the door edge dummy)...right there at the top of the nail...

Another yum

So...to echo former President Clinton...”I feel your pain”...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If your fingernail is throbbing in sync with your heart you may have to drill a hole in it, to let the blood out. Sounds crazy right, I’m just saying. Probably loose the nail anyway if you smashed it that bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If your fingernail is throbbing in sync with your heart you may have to drill a hole in it, to let the blood out. Sounds crazy right, I’m just saying. Probably loose the nail anyway if you smashed it that bad.

This

Believe it or not, doing this, painful as it might sound, will take away the pressure that the blood is pushing against your fingernail.
If it is throbbing still, do it!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ouch.

My daughter once got her pinky toe underneath the flanks of her wooden swing horse.

I was about to say something, to watch her toes but then it was too late. She could not even get air it must have hurt so much. Two minutes later she was running around again.

If your nail starts to get dark and smelly, it is better to just rip it off with a pair of pliers.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Yeah, I've had to do that before. I'm not gonna' do squat with it right now though until it calms down a little.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Pics of your big purple throbbing swollen...

Finger...

Or it never happened...

😉
edit on 23-12-2019 by Lagomorphe because: You all have dirty minds... Santa will not be coming down your chimney tomorrow’s eve “Fnarrrr fnarrr”

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I feel I have a pretty good pain tolerance. I'm the type where if I get a pretty good cut most would call it quits on and maybe even get looked at, that I just throw super glue on it and keep rolling.

Hell, Friday I had to get a cyst removed from my left elbow, got it stitched up, and rolled to my second job straight from the doctor.

All that said, I can be a pansy when I stub a pinky toe, or jam/smash up any digit really good. It's just a different kind of pain all together, especially if it's cold. I always seem to mess up my fingers if I'm working on a car in the winter.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Do NOT use a hammer drill...

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Damn, dude. That sounds painful. Your nail is probably going to fall off.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm kind of the same way (high pain tolerance), but this pain was on a whole different level!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

C'mon man, that hurts just to even think about!!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

All I can do is echo Damn, OUCH.

I am so sorry.

I am sending a mommy kiss to your boo boo. They always work.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Damn, dude. That sounds painful. Your nail is probably going to fall off.

Ummm...ouch...not to be a dick...

it's a good thing it wasn't his Richard...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh for sure. That fingernail is a goner.

I got my finger caught in a car door when I was a kid and that happened.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This'll be you in a few.

I don't envy you, but there is a sort of sick fascination to this sort of thing when you're at it.

This was my misadventure treating warts on my heel. The swelling and pressure got too annoying ... soooo I took a box cutter to it. Straight up looked like zombie flesh in there - all gross and decaying. It was at this point when I realized I might have made a miscalculation.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm...I KWIM...

Why do all of the bodies pain receptors have to run under the nail bed...?

I can tolerate much pain...but the battery finger thing sent me into French speak...

One long expletive laden cuss fest...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I totally agree. Pain on a completely different level!

On the 1-10 pain scale, my pain needle pegged at 150 like instantly! It was like getting my finger stuck in a pair of pliers with about 3 foot long handles

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I totally agree. Pain on a completely different level!

On the 1-10 pain scale, my pain needle pegged at 150 like instantly! It was like getting my finger stuck in a pair of pliers with about 3 foot long handles

Be thankful your finger is not 3 feet long...

Imagine multiplying that pain?

ETA : And trying to pick your nose...!
edit on 23-12-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Dude, you're killing me here!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join