It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Senate Impeachment Trial Until Chuck Schumer Gives Nancy Pelosi the Green Light.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
McConnell didn't get where he is because he's such a saint. He's as corrupt as the rest of the critters.

He has a press conference in a few hours. Let him shock me and prove me wrong...

He may be (probably is) corrupt as any of the them, but there would be nothing corrupt about the Senate proceeding in spite of the House refusing to formally send the Articles over.

However, I think my idea is best. Just pass a resolution giving them 72 hours (or 48 - heck even 24), that declares them expired and null and void after that deadline, requiring another full vote of the House if they want to pass them on.

Again, there is no precedent for this though, so he could do whatever he wants.
edit on 19-12-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nataliep
Good for her, republicans already said they won't follow the rules. now Trump will be impeached forever! for evvvv aaar

I'd ask you for a link, but I know you can't provide one to prove that. What the Senate will do is ask for evidence, which they'll never get, and therefore not remove Trump. Why do you people always blame the other guys for the crap you're all doing?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Free and fair elections?

Democrats just pulled off the biggest boneheaded thing they could by trying to rewrite America's free and fair election. They lost, they need to get over it. Now they've wasted 3 years trying to get rid of the guy who beat them when they could have been preparing for a platform that could beat him in the polls. Not that that would have happened either unless they started running on his platform.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is all about strategy, they will hold these articles until Durhams report is due out to distract anyone dumb enough to take the bait. Unless of course there is another fire they need to put out before then,

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Actually she is holding them until she can be assured that McConnell will conduct a fair trial.

Hopefully he can offer something.
Other than, I am not going to be impartial.

Lock him up!!!!!

The Democrats have been playing the "he might do something wrong" hand a little to much lately. At some point they will have to let people do as they will, right or wrong, and than let the voters decide on the merits of those actions. Being in constant fear of a boggyman that may or may not exist and then letting that stop us from moving forward is not good leadership, and it runs the risk of looking petty and meek.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nataliep
Nice sandlot reference

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
McConnel is tearing the House's case apart right now.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I would say give them 72 hours to give the articles and evidence to the Senate. The Senate will vote on the evidence provided, and after 72 hours it will vote if no evidence is provided.

Well, that is what I was saying... sending them to the Senate means sending them along with everything else.

But yeah...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For any and all interested:

Rules of Procedure and Practice in the Senate when sitting on impeachment trials (pdf)

The impeachment section begins on page #231.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Senators Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar, and Michael Bennet, will be prevented from campaigning during a portion of the election primary season, because it's MANDATORY that they personally attend every Senate Impeachment session.

I bet Biden is loving THAT. Biden is the one the DC Democrat Swampers want in. He will keep their corrupt cabal intact.

Nancy is protecting him two ways.

The rest of the Dem candidates will have to stay behind in D.C. for the impeachment sessions, and Biden gets to go out and campaign...plus...his corruption is getting swept under the rug and if he wins the election, it will be removed altogether. Washington will go back to their usual games.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Were there any witnesses other than the heresy witnesses? I never did see any real evidence of wrong doing or a witness with firsthand knowledge.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well there's a DNC debate tonight, which could be why Pelosi is holding out, but who knows what, if any, strategy they are using.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

No, there were no fact witnesses. It was all he-said-she-said-they-said...then...oops...POTUS released the actual transcripts. But there were expert witnesses. These are people that give opinions based on some level of education or expertise. In this case, it was some constitutional law professors.

Hahaha! Jonathan Turley was one of those constitutional law professors and he said the only abuse of power was Congress' abuse. The other two were simply, imo, severely afflicted with TDS and the blah blah blah showed it.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Odd that Nancy applauds the Impeachment votes yesterday and today tells reporters she doesn't want to talk about most of it. 😃 😃 🪀

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
This is all about strategy, they will hold these articles until Durhams report is due out to distract anyone dumb enough to take the bait. Unless of course there is another fire they need to put out before then,

Prosecutor Durham operates like Prosecutor Mueller did.

1.) Indictments first

2.) Report afterwards

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nancy is feeling remorse and guilt. She thought the Impeachment Orgy would satisfy her Evil Cravings. Didn't come close.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images. Please read new thread.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
McConnell rips Pelosi as "afraid" to send "shoddy" impeachment articles to the Senate.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi says Mitch McConnell is a "Rogue Leader".

www.foxnews.com...

So this means she won't send the articles to the Senate while McConnell is in charge?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Actually she is holding them until she can be assured that McConnell will conduct a fair trial.

Hopefully he can offer something.
Other than, I am not going to be impartial.

Lock him up!!!!!

So she's holding something of value until she gets what she wants? But ... but ... isn't that quid pro quo? Do you think McConnell feels political pressure to do what Nancy wants whether or not he wants to?! *gasp* Isn't that an impeachable offense these days?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join