It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Day They Were Created

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Eden was a special place.
Adam would have had absolutely no reason to count years until after the fall.
He had no idea what death was. Like God and the angels he just was.....
Until he ate of the tree.
Then he became mortal. Then time would have had real meaning.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

Eden was a special place.
Adam would have had absolutely no reason to count years until after the fall.
He had no idea what death was. Like God and the angels he just was.....
Until he ate of the tree.
Then he became mortal. Then time would have had real meaning.

A gilded cage is still a cage

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I don't have a clue what you're driving at but it doesn't
matter if Adam knew how to count at all. The Bible
tells you how old he was when he died. You get a goose
egg so quit bothering me. Here one more time very
simple.

930 years and he died

Absolutely as simple as it could possibly be. But feel
free to hack it up however you want just quit nagging
me over it. Kapeesh?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Bingo. The big bang is the beginning of the Fall out of Eden into the outer courts of hell; the beginning of Time (slow motion, electrical impedance applied to resistance free omnipresence).

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Its not important when Adam knew how to count? I know you don't care, or you'd know the original language of your hijacked North African religion and it's supposedly revered Semitic texts, but Genesis clearly states that the first sin was indeed to COUNT. 2nd was ego defense, resulting in murder, 3rd was cutting trees to build artifical cities.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnodeOrCathode

Its not important when Adam knew how to count? I know you don't care, or you'd know the original language of your hijacked North African religion and it's supposedly revered Semitic texts, but Genesis clearly states that the first sin was indeed to COUNT. 2nd was ego defense, resulting in murder, 3rd was cutting trees to build artifical cities.

The belief in more than One?

Life is really one without a second...... no things..... no separation.

The appearance is empty....... form is empty..... emptiness is form.
edit on 26-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AnodeOrCathode
The original sin is the idea that there is a world and a you.... two things appeared out of nothing..
Now there is the need to protect oneself from the world..... and fear of not existing (death)......

You don't exist.... nothing exists...... which is all there ever was, is or will be.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

930 years it's not confusing for those who can read.
Nothing coded no reading between the lines it
isn't vague like "Once upon a time"

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

930 years it's not confusing for those who can read.
Nothing coded no reading between the lines it
isn't vague like "Once upon a time"

Allegedly, since there isn't a body to examine.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

As you wish not me

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
No body, no case

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

What ever

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't have a clue what you're driving at but it doesn't
matter if Adam knew how to count at all. The Bible
tells you how old he was when he died. You get a goose
egg so quit bothering me. Here one more time very
simple.

930 years and he died

Absolutely as simple as it could possibly be. But feel
free to hack it up however you want just quit nagging
me over it. Kapeesh?

I think Quadrivium is right...no fear of death, no ageing, no concept of the importance of time. We have no idea how long, in terms of years, the Adam was in Eden or the Eve for that matter. The so-called 'fall' enraged whatever God it was lurking around, then the expulsion began the ageing process and the counting down of time.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

In the beginning

The first three words of the Bible mark the beginning of time.

God created

Gods will giving reason for

Time

The Heavens/Space

and the Earth/Matter

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth

In Hebrew this message needs only seven words

Seems Gods will is the one thing Einstein left out of his E=MC2

And you want me to believe God can't count?

edit on 1-2-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eyestosee

originally posted by: Starhooker
If God really cared, he would've been more specific.

The fact that he has the record recorded and saved for us the future generations shows that he does care.

The fact that he chose fallible minds to track said record makes me think that he doesn't. Our memories are malleable, and even the slightest change in our bodies can impact cognitive functioning. The creator of the universe thought this was a good idea? I'd say it speaks to laziness rather than actually caring.

If he wanted to be specific about everything the Bible would be many times the size it is. Now that would be a sign of not caring.

If a god existed--that is, an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent god--I find it risible that it chose humans as its method of communicating its message to us. Why not just instill inherent "knowledge" from birth? If it cared as much as you want it to, it would have gone through a lot more effort. There is a lot of important stuff that we need to follow so we don't burn for an eternity, so clear and direct communication is pretty important.

Especially since it has to be translated into so many languages, and can take a while to read and understand. Why bog it down with his unfathomable understanding of everything.

Why would language be a barrier if god really wanted its message communicated?

He is simple enough to get what he needs to across. And it takes the entire Bible to do it, which is already a pretty big book.

A collection of books, but I won't be pedantic about it. That being said, a lot of the material still pretty ambiguous and open to interpretation. If it weren't we wouldn't be having this discussion right now, would we?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: fromtheskydown

In the beginning

The first three words of the Bible mark the beginning of time.

God created

Gods will giving reason for

Time

The Heavens/Space

and the Earth/Matter

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth

In Hebrew this message needs only seven words

Seems Gods will is the one thing Einstein left out of his E=MC2

And you want me to believe God can't count?

No idea what you are trying to tell me here but, I don't believe in a God almighty who created the earth and everything on it, as well as a Universe for it to exist in. No God who sees and knows everything, no Son of God, just a man named Yehoshua who gained a following based on his personal beliefs.

I see the weight of evidence tending toward older, ancient civilisations which existed long before our fledgling society and whose remnants may be the reason for the 'Gods'.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

If a god existed--that is, an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent god--I find it risible that it chose humans as its method of communicating its message to us. Why not just instill inherent "knowledge" from birth?

Well that wouldn't be fun. If you were born into total bliss it wouldn't have any context. Things are concealed so that we have the joy of revealing them.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Well that wouldn't be fun. If you were born into total bliss it wouldn't have any context. Things are concealed so that we have the joy of revealing them.

Somehow I think that a super-powerful, omniscient, multi-dimensional, transtemporal super entity would be able to get around that whole "wouldn't have any context" thing and make us all safe and happy and immortal just by willing it.

It's a ruse. Gnostic Jesus said the old god people foolishly worship was a demiurge, a programmer, a powerful entity but certainly not as powerful as the true creator entity which would be essentially unfathomable to us weak-minded human animals. Even naming the thing "God" puts limits on it within the limited perceptions and conceptions of the human mind. Everyone I've ever met who believes in the God of the Bible does nothing but degrade and attach silly rules and limits to the entity's power. That's how you can tell they're talking about the false god and not any real limitless creator entity.
edit on 6-2-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Somehow I think that a super-powerful, omniscient, multi-dimensional, transtemporal super entity would be able to get around that whole "wouldn't have any context" thing and make us all safe and happy and immortal just by willing it.

It's a ruse. Gnostic Jesus said the old god people foolishly worship was a demiurge, a programmer, a powerful entity but certainly not as powerful as the true creator entity which would be essentially unfathomable to us weak-minded human animals. Even naming the thing "God" puts limits on it within the limited perceptions and conceptions of the human mind. Everyone I've ever met who believes in the God of the Bible does nothing but degrade and attach silly rules and limits to the entity's power. That's how you can tell they're talking about the false god and not any real limitless creator entity.

It's not a limit to the Transcendent Interdimensional Being's power, it is just the best way to develop new souls. Or at least that's how I perceive it. Adam and Eve were placed in bliss, and they did the one thing they weren't allowed to do... Not realizing how great they had it.

A seed germinates in darkness first before ascending above ground into the light.
edit on 6-2-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
It's not a limit to the Transcendent Interdimensional Being's power, it is just the best way to develop new souls. Or at least that's how I perceive it. Adam and Eve were placed in bliss, and they did the one thing they weren't allowed to do... Not realizing how great they had it.

Simple solution for a god... just give them the knowledge in the first place. Problem solved.

A seed germinates in darkness first before ascending above ground into the light.

Even a seed has to come from a plant. But a real creator entity wouldn't even need that. Just... existence.

But then again, why would a transcendent super entity need anything in the first place? When you have it all and can do it all, you don't need anything and you don't need to do anything. The notion that such a thing needs anything is, again, putting limits on the thing from our own human perspective. It would be blasphemy if it was directed at the demiurge. An unfathomable creator entity would be beyond blasphemy. Beyond everything including thought.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join