It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard from bally ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Haven't logged in all week. Bummer still no word from bally. My family lost a home in a fire in California a couple years ago and though I didn't directly have to deal with the aftermath, I heard plenty about it and at the very least I feel for people having to deal with loss of property and in some sad instances, life. Hoping bally's losses have not been devastating.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Will pray for his family and yours 😢

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Old mate will be fine I'm sure of it too, however given the current circumstances he's likely struggling.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Very kind of you.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
From what I can determine from South Australia, Bally should be alive and well.

His home may well be another story.

We will just have to wait until he can get back on line.

Could take him a while. Not only do power poles have to be replaced but then they have to string the wires ....

In South Australia we use Stobie Poles for electricity. They don't burn in a bush fire. Queensland uses wooden poles so the distribution network is cactus.

Hoping we here from him soon. Remember, he may not have access to his password and such ike.

Bally, if that is the case, make another temp account just to let us know. That would also make it possible to contact a mod to reset your password.

Best I can do from here. I remain concerned.

P

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

mate was on line and txed the old pusser on morning of 7th nov
i to him, him to me, me back

comms went zbz3
meaning not further comms recd.
have phoned twice and line goes straight to message bank
sorry cant help you blokes at all
hope he and the missus are travelling ok

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Strange, I would think he'd at least have access to his phone.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When he gets back to us, he will see a lot of love and concern. We treasure his friendship and pray for him, his family and of course all affected in any way.

Pronto, I got a PM from Bally on the 7th and his last post in the Shed was the 8th I believe.

Pheonix, I'm thinking like you, that it will take time to hear from him. I didn't even think of the password thing. Hope we hear from him soon. There's nothing worse than not knowing what happened to someone we care about.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: pronto

Strange, I would think he'd at least have access to his phone.

His entire region is without power. That means that power lines are down, cell towers are toast and roads are hazardous.

If he did not use his phone for surfing and many old farts don't, then he may not have his passwords with him.

Do you understand the concept of scorched earth.

He didn't get caught in a sun shower mate, big bushfire hit him.

P

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Um yeah, he's not that far from me, perha p s all the cell towers are down and the entire area has no reception, it's possible I guess, as far as power goes, solar with batteries or generators will fix that issue.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: pheonix358

Um yeah, he's not that far from me, perha p s all the cell towers are down and the entire area has no reception, it's possible I guess, as far as power goes, solar with batteries or generators will fix that issue.

G'day mate

Finally got comms up thanks to my son. The concern on this thread is overwhelming. Phones are down, as is power. And yes, I stayed to fight for my home and my neighbor's house.

When I knew everyone was safely out I guess I was in my element if I can describe it like that. I think 'pronto' would understand. 'Eff' the fire coming. I'm okay, bit of flash burn and eye/ear problems which the doc assured me would mend over time. My first and 'effin' last time I get my ears syringed out. Male nurse, need I say more.

House is standing but everything around up to the front and rear doors is burnt and melted. Very hot for 10 hours. At 5 am I sat down and had a smoke. Have lost a lot but the 'home' still stands against the torment. The old saying, "I'm getting too old for this sh1t." Certainly rings true as I am feeling it. Head space ain't good but I'll get over that.

There are some funny aspects too which I can relate later like looking blankly at the end of my fire hose for a few moments when the water gave out. (A WTF moment) or racing inside followed by burning embers and hot footing around putting the sparks out. (darkness) I heard the cats meowing at this time so I shon my torch under the kitchen table. No, they were the least bit concerned with what was going on, just lying on their cushions, just meowing for a feed. Or, "The Chooks!!!" I Just grabbed a rubbish bin and negotiated my way past the blazing machinery shed to the burning coop. I opened the coop, scanned with the torch about the smoking nesting boxes. Only saw an egg! Found them (chooks) in a corner at the opposite side of the chicken coop. Old mate rooster had the hens rounded up a had pushed them into a corner away from the flames. They were quiet and I got them in the bin except for one hen that lost the plot and cut a groove and shot through into the smoke. Found her dead the next morning. Sad, but what else could I do. Stored the chooks in a small cage near the vege garden and went back to work. The last hours saw me using buckets from the small spare tank.

It was good to see daylight when it was all over. I'd dearly like a fellow member to come and visit, take some pics of the destruction around and perhaps add to this thread. If there is someone nearby who can get the time to do that it's now safe to do so. I wouldn't want to tell the story myself as it would sound like bullsnip. Truly.

I will add more, this thread is uplifting. Again, sorry for not being in touch sooner but I think you will all understand.

As always,

My kindest regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Bally! The man that kicked-butt against a raging forest-fire !

So many will be very relieved to see you have conquered another of the elements.

You are a good man in a storm, indeed !

Welcome back to this thing that passes as civilization !

Double

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Bally! The man that kicked-butt against a raging forest-fire !

So many will be very relieved to see you have conquered another of the elements.

You are a good man in a storm, indeed !

Welcome back to this thing that passes as civilization !

Double

Cheers mate. There's a lot of kind people out there.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Good news. Glad you are ok and the house is saved!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Good to see you Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Good news. Glad you are ok and the house is saved!

Thank you KT. I'm glad the old frame is still standing too.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Good to see you Bally

Very kind of you to say Karl. Just turned the generator off. Sitting in the candle light. Very quiet but it always has been out here. My ears are still ringing though. Just looked at the time - 12.48 am! Glad for ATS company.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I pray for all my easterner ATS family, hopenotfeariswhatweneed, Bally

I cannot imagine how devastating the situation is

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

While I was being a worrier, you were out there being a warrior. Soooo relieved to hear from you mate! You made my day.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I pray for all my easterner ATS family, hopenotfeariswhatweneed, Bally

I cannot imagine how devastating the situation is

Your thoughts and prayers are well received here.

Cheers mate,

bally

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join