It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ordered to pay $2M in Trump Foundation settlement, admits misuse of funds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You're right. It just emboldens them to be ever more brazen and audacious.

The good people sit at home, watching their TVs: cheering them on like it's their favorite soccer team.

It doesn't matter if our player faked an injury, and got a free penalty kick to win the match.
As long as we win: who's picky ?

Integrity is just a word in the dictionary.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

let's not forget that Trump allegedly raped his first wife.

but that is fake news he settled out of court and put a non-disclosure on.

because clinton

Sorry, i was only responding to this post, not the OP.

to clarify, I put that Trump raped the charities he claimed to support with his 'foundation''

And settled the case, rather than admit guilt. And now it's fake news and we shouldn't talk about it.
edit on 8-11-2019 by sunkuong because: back on topic

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
As a Trump supporter, I hate that this took place. He settled so apparently his foundation did not handle the money appropriately. That's just a fact reflected by the outcome of the case.

That said, I highly doubt Trump personally balances the foundation books and I wish he could muster a humble apology as opposed to his Twitter response.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Perhaps the only person in history ?

Really ?

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The New York Attorney General's office announced Thursday that a judge has ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages for improper use of funds at the Trump Foundation in connection with the 2016 presidential primaries and his own political purposes, as part of a lawsuit Trump and the foundation settled with state Attorney General Letitia James.

James' office had requested $2.8 million in restitution and a $5.6 million penalty, but Judge Saliann Scarpulla decided $2 million was a more reasonable restitution amount and declined to issue a penalty.

As part of the settlement, Trump admitted to misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to limitations placed on future charitable work. If he chooses to start a new charitable organization, he would have to report it to the state attorney general's office, according to an announcement from James' office.

Source

Despite claiming that he would never settle in this case, Trump has now settled. Per the settlement, Trump will have to admit to wrongdoing in this case, pay a $2 million fine, and his children will have to undergo training. There will also be limits placed on any future charitable organizations and any of these endeavors would need to be reported to the state attorney general.

So regardless of your opinion on the ongoing impeachment inquiry, Donald Trump has violated at least one law and he has been punished by a court of law for doing so. Plus, he himself has admitted to wrongdoing. Those are the facts.

Thoughts ATS?

Well..... all fellow americans. lets take a look at this. first this was always a civil issue, not criminal. he admitted no criminal wrong doing. Did you look at the facts of the case? Did you read the plea agreement? HMMMM,... doubtful. It appears , AGAIN, a leftist minded DRONE has taken a headline and REEEEEEEEEEE! You run a LARGE charity and you may find that you have indeed misappropriated funds in a way that seems innocuous but is indeed AGAINST the 12,000 pages of rules. They were not spending money on shopping sprees, limos and weddings... these were process errors that probably could have been fought but they decided it was cheaper and more expedient to just settle. Like ANYONE would..including the idiot that said he would spend 10M to protect his name(LOL). TRUMP DIDNT spend the money anyway but its his charity. DO you think for one second......that the courts, DEMS, anyone right now would let the TRUMPS just take a "pass" if they had criminal proof of ANYTHING? Please wake up. I'm not a MAGA Trump nuthugger but I do my own homework. This guys has been the MOST prosecuted and investigated president EVER....and there has not been one charge that has stuck. 2 years and MILLIONS spent against him by an entire WING of the govt and they found nothing.... nothing....let that sink in. AND your victory is that he settled on yet another( 10th lawsuit brought by the left) accusation of wrongdoing. I'm sorry- but your blind adherence to the masters that pull your stings is sad and will be part of what destroys this great nation. People like you sell your birthright for a bowl of soup.. YOU ARE THE SHEEP blindly following the media and deep state. Please do even just a little NON BIASED homework. Read about the intelligence communities that have played a part( the actual proof) , along with longstanding govt "officials" to oust the duly elected president of the US because he is NOT part of the swamp... read the texts, read the emails, READ THE TRANSCRIPT ITSELF, read the testimony of the PRESIDENT of UKRAINE, WATCH JOE BIDEN admit on VIDEO that he threatened to withhold funds to UKRAINE if they didn't stop investigating his son ... WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF OBAMA..Look at the dirt uncovered on everyone of these whistleblowers, the lawyers....all caught lying and plotting against PRESIDENT Trump for years prior to this.. AND THEN....ask yourself what the democratic party has done for you...seriously.. what have they done in the last 10 years that has made your life so good that you let them rile you up to HATE the president and all of his racist followers? I know this will go in one ear and out the other.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wrong doing found, system used correctly, issue is resolved.

Problem?

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I doubt Trump has ever made an apology in his life. He thinks everything he does is perfect

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Problem?

LOL ... nope. In fact, that’s a useful quote anytime Clinton’s emails are brought up.

Thanks, JJ.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: daboxfan

Donald Trump admitted that he stole charity funds earmarked for veterans causes.

What else do we need to know?

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Unfortunately, you're thread is about to bombarded by the whole "Oh yeah well what about the CLINTON FOUNDATION?" versus the fact that not only did Trump misuse his "charity" for personal gains but he used it in such stupid ways like purchasing awful portraits of himself. Real magnanimous for sure

That says it all.....truth is though most everybody knew about the shenanigans years ago, and didn't care.

On reflection, you could say his portrait cost him $2million in the end.
edit on 8-11-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

... and still don’t, it seems.

Trump was right.

ETA: I especially love that some of the usual suspects who scream about the Clintons PERSONAL culpability in everything Clinton Foundation are here saying “Well, let’s not blame Trump himself, obviously, he doesn’t direct the day-to-day operations ... “

GD hypocrisy.
edit on 8-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What makes it even more hypocritical is the fact that Hillary completely divested herself from the Clinton Foundation when she was Secretary of State. Trump cannot say the same thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A non profit is always a profit for somebody. I retired from the boards of 2 this year because I could see kickbacks of nearly 50% on some of our purchases. Tens of thousands of dollars more than the services rendered were worth.

Company vehicles being driven 7 days a week. Repair orders for vehicles that shouldn't have been paid for appliance service calls at peoples homes. A little here a little there. 20 minutes for 10 people to review a couple of hundred pages of expenses.

I now a little, Trump probably had no idea of what was going on.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Why would you think that?

Honestly, The Trump Foundation took money that Americans gave on behalf of our veterans, and it was transferred to Trump’s Campaign. If he’s that far out of the loop on the accounting on both those concerns, he’s absolutely incompetent.

I have another theoretical scenario: Trump shoots someone in the face point-blank on Fifth Avenue. You are in the crowd and you witness this personally.

Please explain how it’s not Mr. Trump’s fault; thank you kindly.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Problem?

LOL ... nope. In fact, that’s a useful quote anytime Clinton’s emails are brought up.

Thanks, JJ.

It doesn't have anything to do with Hillary deleting Emails and destroying devices after they were legally subpoenaed. Or corrupt investigation agencies. But whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Problem?

(post by Bloodworth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

(post by Deny Arrogance removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join