It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ordered to pay $2M in Trump Foundation settlement, admits misuse of funds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The New York Attorney General's office announced Thursday that a judge has ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages for improper use of funds at the Trump Foundation in connection with the 2016 presidential primaries and his own political purposes, as part of a lawsuit Trump and the foundation settled with state Attorney General Letitia James.

James' office had requested $2.8 million in restitution and a $5.6 million penalty, but Judge Saliann Scarpulla decided $2 million was a more reasonable restitution amount and declined to issue a penalty.

As part of the settlement, Trump admitted to misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to limitations placed on future charitable work. If he chooses to start a new charitable organization, he would have to report it to the state attorney general's office, according to an announcement from James' office.

Source

Despite claiming that he would never settle in this case, Trump has now settled. Per the settlement, Trump will have to admit to wrongdoing in this case, pay a $2 million fine, and his children will have to undergo training. There will also be limits placed on any future charitable organizations and any of these endeavors would need to be reported to the state attorney general.

So regardless of your opinion on the ongoing impeachment inquiry, Donald Trump has violated at least one law and he has been punished by a court of law for doing so. Plus, he himself has admitted to wrongdoing. Those are the facts.

Thoughts ATS?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The New York Attorney General's office announced Thursday that a judge has ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages for improper use of funds at the Trump Foundation in connection with the 2016 presidential primaries and his own political purposes, as part of a lawsuit Trump and the foundation settled with state Attorney General Letitia James.

James' office had requested $2.8 million in restitution and a $5.6 million penalty, but Judge Saliann Scarpulla decided $2 million was a more reasonable restitution amount and declined to issue a penalty.

As part of the settlement, Trump admitted to misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to limitations placed on future charitable work. If he chooses to start a new charitable organization, he would have to report it to the state attorney general's office, according to an announcement from James' office.

Source

Despite claiming that he would never settle in this case, Trump has now settled. Per the settlement, Trump will have to admit to wrongdoing in this case, pay a $2 million fine, and his children will have to undergo training. There will also be limits placed on any future charitable organizations and any of these endeavors would need to be reported to the state attorney general.

So regardless of your opinion on the ongoing impeachment inquiry, Donald Trump has violated at least one law and he has been punished by a court of law for doing so. Plus, he himself has admitted to wrongdoing. Those are the facts.

Thoughts ATS?

$2 million is probably cheaper than continuing to fight it.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Unfortunately, you're thread is about to bombarded by the whole "Oh yeah well what about the CLINTON FOUNDATION?" versus the fact that not only did Trump misuse his "charity" for personal gains but he used it in such stupid ways like purchasing awful portraits of himself. Real magnanimous for sure

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Is $2,000,000 the cost of your integrity then? Cause if it was me and I knew I did nothing wrong I would happily spend $10,000,000 to protect it. If Trump is a billionaire then $2,000,000 is pocket change.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Okay.

He did something wrong.

He got punished for it.

Did you want to punch him next?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Source

Thoughts ATS?

$2 million is probably cheaper than continuing to fight it.

Especially when you know your in the wrong and were never going to win in the first place.

It's one of the perks to having a few million on hand, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: Edumakated

Is $2,000,000 the cost of your integrity then? Cause if it was me and I knew I did nothing wrong I would happily spend $10,000,000 to protect it. If Trump is a billionaire then $2,000,000 is pocket change.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I don't know the details enough to argue either way.

Just pointing out that sometimes it is cheaper and easier to just pay the piper than to fight it. Attorneys know this and so do state regulators. They depend on people with big pockets to just pay up to make it go away.

It makes no sense to spend $10 million to save $2 million. Especially if no one will even remember that you "won" the case. Pay $2 million and move on. Admit guilt? Sure why not. I'm sure they can find something he did wrong and spin it like he murdered babies and kicked puppies.

edit on 7-11-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is exactly what Trump does. He does wrong, and huffs and puffs about it until it boils over and then calls his lawyers, they deal with it and then collaborate on what collateral damage would be and either fight it, or pay off who ever is against them.

Trump abuses the system more then anyone else. Goes to show MONEY TALKS!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Personally, I am glad due process was used and he was punished for this transgression. I guess sometimes the system works when it is not political in nature.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The "charity thing" - - I followed closely.

It was a total scam - - by intention.

Meant to enrich Trump.

(post by Nothin removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So FINALLY... after 3 years, someone has found something he is guilty of!

IMPEACH!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

This is exactly what Trump does. He does wrong, and huffs and puffs about it until it boils over and then calls his lawyers, they deal with it and then collaborate on what collateral damage would be and either fight it, or pay off who ever is against them.

Trump abuses the system more then anyone else. Goes to show MONEY TALKS!

I wouldn't vote for him in 2020 if I were you.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Now all of his charities and donations will have to be made public so all can see the good he is doing per the court.

4 D chess, catch up.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The mans character speaks volumes. But you'll vote for him either way because "muh protectionism and top down economics".

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and will pay a fine and get to do it again in the future... seems about par for the course with those foundations.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The mans character speaks volumes. But you'll vote for him either way because "muh protectionism and top down economics".

Nope, there's just not a better candidate so far.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
About the case:

Trump Foundation Lawsuit

The restitution is based on New York’s claim that the Trump Foundation held a televised fundraiser in Iowa to raise money that was ultimately distributed by the campaign for political purposes, instead of by the charity. Trump had claimed the case was politically motivated, but that argument was rejected a year ago when Scarpulla denied his request to dismiss the lawsuit.

Trump also agreed to reimburse $11,525 to the foundation for its use of charity money to buy items at a charitable auction, according to the ruling.

Woah! The charity misspent $11k! WTF? This guy is a regular Bernie Madoff. IMPEACH!

The case couldn't have been politically motivated. Nah, couldn't be. Democrats would never do such a thing.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

As opposed to voting for "let's all starve and have no money?"

What to do, what to do...

Meanwhile, the left had no problems at all voting for a woman whose husband had to settle out of court for raping a woman.

edit on 7-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join