It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Televangelist Paula White joins White House staff

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yep, you read that corectly, we now have yet another money grubbing, bible wielding, dominionist in the WH. Trump's "spiritual advisor" no less...

White, who has known Trump since 2002 and who has visited the White House several times, will work in the Office of Public Liaison, which oversees outreach to groups that help organize parts of the president’s base, The New York Times reports.
Her specific role will reportedly be advising the Trump administration’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative that aims to boost the voice of religious groups in certain government programs, The Times notes.

Article 1

Boost the voice of religious groups? Hello, the religious already have a bigger voice and more loopholes in the system than any other group. In another related article titled "Paula White is an example of religious leaders weaponizing faith for politics" we read this...

Recently, on The Jim Bakker Show (yes, that Jim Bakker), Central Florida pastor and Donald Trump spiritual adviser Paula White warned of consequences from God for those who don’t stand with the president.

and this...

And Vero Beach pastor Rick Wiles darkly predicted on his TruNews show that if Trump is removed from office — he didn’t specify how — then cowboys, mountain men and veterans would “hunt down” those responsible and punish them.

Article 2
Maybe we could setup a new protestant version of the inquisition too.

On a personal level I'm not a Trump fan, but I happen to agree with SOME of his policies and ideas. I also think the impeachment is a farce and a sham on the American people, but I do not like the idea of turning a secular government into a haven for dominionists and a quasi-theocracy. I realize Trump is pandering heavily to the religious right, and he'd be a fool not to. They are the majority of his base, but he's treading on thin ice as far as I'm concerned.

Let the flaming commence...

edit on 11/1/2019 by Klassified because: correction

edit on 11/1/2019 by Klassified because: correction 2

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Brilliant move if you ask me. Watch the fakes come out of the woodwork to condemn those of their own faith to scream and scratch at the sky.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Brilliant move if you ask me. Watch the fakes come out of the woodwork to condemn those of their own faith to scream and scratch at the sky.

You may have a point. I hadn't thought of it from that angle.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Honestly though, if you were Trump at this point, who WOULD YOU TRUST? I wouldn't trust ANYONE!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Isnt it strange that only Chrisitans can weaponize their religion according to the left?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Well, since you posted this outside of the Mud Pit, I hope you don't expect to be flamed. Intelligent conversation would be nice.

That's from Pew Research, so no doubt fairly accurate.

Joshua DuBois was Obama's equivalent of that. He started the new tradition of White House Easter Prayer Breakfast. Obama was also very much a religious person.

You find it odd that all Presidents cater to the religious crowd that make up the vast majority of their constituents?
edit on 11/1/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Not at all. I said he would be a fool not to, but I think he has gone further than Obama ever did. And FTR, I didn't approve when Barry did it either.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
OP...Why is it bad that a President brings in an advisor familiar with a large percentage of his potential voters?
Common practice I would assume.

Do you think it outrageous because she's a Christian...or because she is a woman?
Maybe both?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So the 80% of the country who are people of faith should not be represented because a small percentage of atheists take exception to it? I fail to see how it does any harm to anyone.

Office of Public Liaison, which oversees outreach to groups that help organize parts of the president’s base

A super majority of his base are Christians. A Public Liaison who mirrors that is SOP is it not. Yes he would be stupid to not do that. There is nothing controversial about this.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
OP...Why is it bad that a President brings in an advisor familiar with a large percentage of his potential voters?
Common practice I would assume.

Do you think it outrageous because she's a Christian...or because she is a woman?
Maybe both?

He already had one...Pence.
Outrageous? No. His reasoning, beyond pandering to his Christian base, yes.
If you knew any of my post history, you'd know the last question is non-sequitur.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'm an agnostic and don't really mind if religious people wield the power of the government.

The only thing that changes my mind on the above is when people start trying to grab equity, meaning they do things that would directly effect people who are not in their ideology. Now, anyone can do this, not just someone from a specific religion or ideology. I really don't care what someone believes so long as they don't try to push it on me, make policy that would effect me, or anything of that nature.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Smart move. She's on BET. Black people love her even though she is white. Trump is out flanking Democrats with black voters. He won't get most of them but doesn't need most. All he needs is a few more % and he can't be beat.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Blaine, if you had read my OP, you would know I already addressed this...

Boost the voice of religious groups? Hello, the religious already have a bigger voice and more loopholes in the system than any other group.

Christians hardly need any more representation than they already have.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Christians hardly need any more representation than they already have.

The same argument could be made for men, white people, older people, straight people, ect.

Now, as an agnostic white young male.... I don't feel especially represented just because someone's demographics might look similar to mine.

I look at policy, and policy alone. Just because someone has certain demographics doesn't mean they're going to seek equity for that demographic. In fact, you'll find that people of similar demographics are almost if not equally divided on support as any other demographic.

I'm not saying that some Christians in politics don't take things too far, because some certainly do... But like Blaine said, most Americans are in fact Christian, but there are plenty who can separate that aspect of their life while they're making decisions for everyone.

Edit: All that said, many fit most of most of my demographics... But there are few politicians I support because it's my suspicion they only care about representing one kind of people, and that's the donors. The donors interests rarely align with the general populace, because if they did, they probably wouldn't have to pay for pull.
edit on 1-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Televangelist Paula White joins White House staff

Stands to reason, the Evangelicals think trump is the "chosen one" the New American Messiah and King of Isreal and mentioned in the Bible.

www.usatoday.com...

www.marketwatch.com... -09

www.patheos.com...
edit on 1-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Actually, I suppose it's one of the most honest things he could possibly do. People should know that a large percentage of Trump's potential voters base their lives and decisions on fairy tales and struggle on a daily basis with the fact that reality is incongruent with their fantasies.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Let the flaming commence...

Or not....since This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!
All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images. Please read new thread.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Jim Bakker? Why I recall ole Jimmy and Tammy Faye back when they were young. Him in his fancy hair and her in her heavily made up face and her eyes that when she cried streaked all the mascara that ran down her cheeks. What a sight. What a loving pair

Then of course he strayed and was accused of rape. Though admitting the infidelity he denied the rape charges. He was later convicted on numerous counts of fraud and spent five years in prison.

Then he came back to televangelism, this time selling survivalist stuff for the end times with a theology called '' Prosperity Gospel. White, is also pushing this '' Prosperity Gospel''. We could watch for this to start flowing from the White House.
'' White House'' get it???

Anyway it has always been interesting to me how people continue to flock to these phonies.

Here is a current farce about televangelists called ''The Righteous Gemstones'' on HBO. While it is certainly over the top in order to entertain it is also a comic depiction of the hypocrisy of it all.

OH yeah, I had forgotten about this guy, He was big back in the 70s and raked in millions and millions every year with this patter. He used to have people sit close to their TVs and put their hands on the screen while he healed them.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Soon some comet will spawn in the sky and baby jesus will appear in the WH

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If Trump comes out with a new program and he says, "If you like your God you can still keep your God", then I'll get nervous.

Until then?

Not so much.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join