It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Kids & LBGTQ Parents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Edumakated

It is sickening to me. Children's brains are not developed enough to make a decision like that at that age.

Of course the parents are influencing it. That is what happens in a family. Kids look to their older siblings and parents and adults around them for acceptance and guidance.

It is similar in children that grow up in abusive homes that become abusers themselves....no different.

These parents should be held accountable and charged with child abuse.

Exactly. 99.999999% of the time before this century, if a kid came to their parents wanting to be the opposite sex, they'd get slapped silly and forget they ever thought about it. Only good that comes with this is that they can't reproduce.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Most of these parents seem to be suffering from something akin to Munchausens. Desmond discusses Ketamine:

This crap is not right. Desmond dancing for dollars:

edit on 22-10-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That age NEEDS to be changed to 25. So does the voting age. Unless they join the military.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

We need a reset.
Start over again.
Square one.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Well, it would be one thing if this were just confined to having the kid dress and act like a girl or boy, but in this case, today's medical establishment follows right along with drugs designed to block the body from developing normally, and then they get major surgical procedures that cannot be truly reversed and can cause nasty complications.

It's not as simple as simply deciding to revert to a different gender behavior in many cases nowadays, and we find that realization especially egregious when this is done to children who do not have the mental capacity to really understand what their futures will be even if they do eventually realize they were actually the other gender all along.

As an adult speaking about another adult, no, I don't particularly care. You can screw up your own life. I do care though when screwing up their life infringes on my life in ways that make me uncomfortable. Why should I, as an adult woman, be subjected to sharing a communal locker room with an adult, biological male who simply swears he is really a mental female? Even worse, why should someone's little girls be subjected to that?

Why do women and girls have to lose out on competitive opportunities because biological males feel like women, decide they are women, and thus demand space on women's competitive sports teams with their male biological bodies?

Why do I get to watch my physical sex be erased from society by a bunch of biological males?
edit on 22-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Do you have statistics that having LGBT... parents leads to an increase in Transgendered kids?

In the past, this has been used as a reason to NOT allow a same sex couple to adopt for fear they would make the child "gay". But that has never been proven. For example having two moms does not make the female child automatically a lesbian etc.

Perhaps you see more of them because the parents are more willing to share based on there experience?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

We need a reset.
Start over again.
Square one.

Reset to what? The 50's? Sharia law?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

a. gender dysphoria is pseudo science
b. our species cannot swap genders... period
c. the animals which have the ability to change genders do so because it's necessary for the specie's survival, not because they feel nature put the wrong body with the wrong mind.
d. I won't let someone I don't trust to cross a busy intersection to make a choice in their gender, the human brain continues to develop until the age of 25 in our species.

lastly, if a grown man wants to play pretend and that makes him Happy, I'll play along. but in no scientific forum will a man become a woman scientifically sound. it's all poppycock.

I feel sorry for that child.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah, it is some form of Munchhausen syndrome where the find any little thing to convince themselves and the child that they are transgender.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: solve

We need a reset.
Start over again.
Square one.

reset to logical, sensible and scientifically sound way of thinking.

what would we think if in the dark ages men pretending to be women... modern day would say it's because they lacked medical science and scientific knowledge are the reasons why they thought men in our species could become women.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is what happens when abnormal people are allowed their way.

In 5 years....peeps gonna be allowed to marry sheep with all the same tax bennies as normal peeps.

And i ant got no kinda phohia....i just think its abnormal and weird.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In the future I predict a sizeable portion of these child transitioners will ask why this country allowed their abuse in this manner.

Simply appalling.

If parents can decide this now for their 'agreeing' children, how far away are we from forced sterilizations of children born to parents, similar to the Greta Thunberg ilk, that think having children in the future is a terrible thing?

WTF is wrong with people????

Wake the # up!

This is abuse, with irrevocable consequences. Plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One of the great things about America is that we don't take a vote on whether each other gets to be who they are.

As I pointed out, none of these decisions is made soley by the parents but in consultation with a medical and psychological team of professionals. It's not something a parent can DO on their own, so it certainly doesn't qualify as "child abuse" in any sense of the words.

The choice that some of you are advocating for here, wait til the person is 13, 18, 21, 25, sure that seems to make sense, ... but where does it stop?

Why do you think you have an actual say in the matter? Sure, you can have an opinion, bully for you, we all have them.

If anyone would like a bit more INFORMATION on the subject, Transgender Children and Youth: Understanding the Basics - Human Rights Council

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Do you have statistics that having LGBT... parents leads to an increase in Transgendered kids?

In the past, this has been used as a reason to NOT allow a same sex couple to adopt for fear they would make the child "gay". But that has never been proven. For example having two moms does not make the female child automatically a lesbian etc.

Perhaps you see more of them because the parents are more willing to share based on there experience?

No, I don't. I don't think gays have been adopting long enough to really have a solid data set.

However, while it is anecdotal, I have noticed a lot of transgender kids seem to have LBGTQ parents. From a purely statistical standpoint, this seems odd to me. First, since gay couples cannot have children AND we know transgenders are a small population, one can see that it is highly unlikely that we'd see so many transgender kids with LBGT parents if being transgender were just a random event. There is obviously some outside influence.

It will be interesting to see over the next few decades the results of this social experiment.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That wasn't the claim. The claim was that most if not all of these children that claim to be trans have LGBTQXYZ parents - and it wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

I would freely admit not all would actively push their kids to be gay - but I'd wager a months pay that a lot of them do.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
As I pointed out, none of these decisions is made soley by the parents but in consultation with a medical and psychological team of professionals.

As if those professions are free from political ideology or fraud.

You can literally find a physician or psychologist to say anything you want them to.

The choice that some of you are advocating for here, wait til the person is 13, 18, 21, 25, sure that seems to make sense, ... but where does it stop?

How about making it consistent with our notions of when you are a legal adult. If a child can't sign contracts, go to war, vape with flavors (oh, the horror) or drink beer, why the # would we allow them to decide permanent alteration of their genitalia?

edit on 22-10-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

To be fair I do not either. We do have have a top notch clinic at our hospital solely dedicated to the care needs of Pediatric trans patients. So I have plenty of interaction with both the children and their families and have not noticed one trend or another except being grateful for the clinic.

But if you base it on same sex adoptive parents there is zero evidence that gay couples make their children gay etc link.springer.com...

If there is a statistical bump it could simply be that those parents are more accepting. Some poster above mentioned they simply would have gotten slapped growing up, and perhaps its that general mentality that keeps parents (with that kind of mentality) with kids showing issues from seeking out help / resources etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I would freely admit not all would actively push their kids to be gay - but I'd wager a months pay that a lot of them do.

There is ample evidence that the "rate" of gay kids is independent of the parents sexual orientation.

link.springer.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The sad part about this, is that you are right. Parents, "professionals" and judges etc, are all responsible for this madness.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Commonsense. Do you think the following is okay? Do you think Desmond is a child being sexualized in any way?

Desmond's thoughts on Ketamine:

Desmond dancing for dollars in a gay bar:

I actually have some friends, one in particular, that are trans and more power to them, but I definitely wouldn't leave my kids with someone who doesn't see any problem here.

I shot footage for a documentary of a young lady in Florida, early 20's, who was transitioning and the film followed her through surgery to have her breasts removed. I liked her a lot as she was a nice person and exceptionally intelligent so it was tough to see her ultimately being unhappy with her decision.

On the other hand I didn't like her college professor parents. They liked to toot their own horns about how open and enlightened they were while seeming oblivious to their child's angst at the various issues she faced while making her decisions. It was obvious that even though a young adult these are serious choices and not to be treated lightly. To do this to a child, then, seems very capricious but "woke" folk seem fairly oblivious to the gravity of the issues.

The last contact I had with her she had decided she was a gay male and sought relationships with gay men. Go figure.
edit on 22-10-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join