It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Kids & LBGTQ Parents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So the other day I picked up a copy of Chicago Parent magazine. The cover features a cute little seven year old girl... although, it is actually a boy. The article is written in the typical vague leftist tone that 7 year old Ella is fighting discrimination, blah, blah, blah. The article states that she knew at 4.5 years old that she was a girl and legally "transitioned" at age 6.

Chicago Parent - What Being Transgender Looks Like

I'm a parent of a 5.5 year old boy. I found this proclamation somewhat shocking. I guess we can argue whether a 4.5 year old really knows if they are a boy or a girl beyond what toys they like to play with but that is probably a thread unto itself.

The one thing I did notice with a lot of these very young transgender kids is that their parents also seem to be LBGTQ. I can't help but wonder if these parents are pushing this life on to these kids. Kind of brainwashing them. In this case, the parent claims to be "non-binary" whatever the F that means. I mean from a pure statistical standpoint, what are the odds that so many transgender kids also seem to have LBGTQ parents?

Even though I am one of the more libertarian / conservative voices on here, I am pretty liberal socially. I really don't care what kind of fetishes and stuff people do in their free time. However, I do think the LBGQ community is losing favor with some supporters with some of this transgender nonsense. Between Drag Queen story time at libraries reading to kids and men in drag beating the brakes off women MMA, at some point we have to say enough is enough.

Just a rant and some random thoughts as I read the magazine...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Meanwhile...

I literally just saw this...

Father loses case to prevent 7 year old from transitioning....

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Basically, the slippery slope has been utilized and now we're falling off the cliff. That's what's happening, in a nutshell.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is a serious issue
My son, when he was 6 or 7 believed he was sonic the hedgehog, wanted to sleep in the rabbit hutch and run everywhere
Well no hedgehogs where we come from so just told him hedgehogs slept in bed
That phased ended after the longest time, now he is a happy healthy little Ratchet and his sister is clank.
She doesn’t want to be clank, she wants to be a my little pony

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Basically, the slippery slope has been utilized and now we're falling off the cliff. That's what's happening, in a nutshell.

We keep pushing the bounds trying to normalize abnormal behavior...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It is a serious issue
My son, when he was 6 or 7 believed he was sonic the hedgehog, wanted to sleep in the rabbit hutch and run everywhere
Well no hedgehogs where we come from so just told him hedgehogs slept in bed
That phased ended after the longest time, now he is a happy healthy little Ratchet and his sister is clank.
She doesn’t want to be clank, she wants to be a my little pony

My 2.5 year old daughter seems to have a thing for transformers... I mean, it is clear she wants to be a boy!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The thing I can’t figure out is why “gender identity” is a topic that gets so many people all bent out of shape.

I mean, what possible difference could it make to me if, although you look like an adult male, you truly believe yourself to be an adult female (or vice versa)?

Even if that identity is valid only for today.

Who and how you identify yourself matters not one iota to me, except to the extent that I am made aware of how to address you respectfully.

You express concern that certain parents maybe “brainwashing” their kids to behave in “atypical” ways? That’s been an argument since parents have been having kids!

Surprise, kids grow up and become their own individuals. Some hold to what their parents taught and expected of them, some reject everything their parents held dear and true.

Most “bend and blend” what they were raised with to fit what is most comfortable for their lives as adults.

That’s one of the reasons we don’t still live in caves.

Look, one day we may encounter a sentient extraterrestrial species that, although they look like us (two arms, two legs, a head and a body), have a culture and physiology entirely different from ours.

If we can’t “get over” some of fellow humans being non-cis and or “gender fluid”, how can we ever expect to get along with the “non-humanness” if a truly alien species?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

There's no doubt the parents push the issue onto the undeveloped minds of their kids. I guarantee you that if being gay or tranny wasn't trendy or worthy of the attention you get, we wouldn't be infested with this abuse. You can tell your boy he's really a girl or likes little boys and that's worthy of praise and a magazine cover, but discipline your children when they disobey your rules or take them to church and you're the evilest of evil parents.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's fricken sickening.
Any parents pushing this crap on their children should be charged with child abuse.

A kid DOES NOT think this garbage up themselves.
They don't even know the difference between boys and girls at this age.

Its the Fricken twisted "parent" pushing their sickening agenda on their kid.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's why it's so important, because phases as a child come to an end. These people let their kids run them and that's the fastest way to destroying the child's future.

Sure, son, you can be a girl. We'll pay for the operation you need to become one, and yes I know you're not even 10 yet, and we're well aware that suicide rates are highest among transgenders, but as long as you don't try to go to church or become a republican then you're good in our eyes.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We've been saying it for decades. Once you accept one deviant lifestyle as "normal" you have no basis to prevent any other group from claiming they are normal as well. Most of these people/kids need mental help, as shown by a multitude of studies. The gender identity or sexual disorder is masking the actual mental issues.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Should I look up statistics on trans kids and the sexual orientation of their parents?

Probably pointless. The OP has made wild assumptions based on a sample size of one.

Kids can't transition on their own. It's a medical procedure with some pretty stringent guidelines.

But that's really not the point either is it?

There is a distinction to be made here between a trans identity and the condition of gender dysphoria. I know that distinction is unimportant to many, but the fact remains.

I too am concerned about a 4.5 year old being allowed to make a decision more complicated than vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. By the very definition, ones identity is not formed at such an early age. The diagnoses of gender dysphoria also seems unlikely at that age.

There are no studies that show any predominance between trans kids and LGBT+ parents.

Aside from that it's all belief not facts.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Better a boy than a transformer, be tricky to be a transformer, they don’t have their own restrooms in schools...yet?

link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
We've been saying it for decades. Once you accept one deviant lifestyle as "normal" you have no basis to prevent any other group from claiming they are normal as well. Most of these people/kids need mental help, as shown by a multitude of studies. The gender identity or sexual disorder is masking the actual mental issues.

LOL ... Hello 1972.

link   

I saw the story about the father losing the lawsuit.
Bull#...

No way the judge should allow the mother to ruin her child's future.
She should be disbarred.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It is sickening to me. Children's brains are not developed enough to make a decision like that at that age.

Of course the parents are influencing it. That is what happens in a family. Kids look to their older siblings and parents and adults around them for acceptance and guidance.

It is similar in children that grow up in abusive homes that become abusers themselves....no different.

These parents should be held accountable and charged with child abuse.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Yeah so why are they getting all bent out of shape?
Why is a child on a magazine cover advocating this

Bent out of shape when a child is being placed on a magazine cover, forced to be the centre of attention

As a Christian I don’t believe that a child should be baptised till @13 years because it’s not a child’s choice
No different here to me

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

My son just turned 3 and likes to collect the Disney Pixar Cars (he doesn't yet know he's collecting them), he's crushing on a little girl at his daycare who is also 3, and has given up getting himself a new car in order to get her a doll. Yeah no, not yet, kiddo. Her mom will facetime my wife sometimes and they'll let the two talk to each other. She does gymnastics so she'll put the phone down where the camera faces her and do cartwheels (or what she thinks is a cartwheel) for him and he'll clap and tell her good job. Cutest dang thing I've ever seen. He gets it honest. Back in the early 80's when I was his age, I would sneak behind the big toys and kiss a girl named Molly (not french kiss, of course). But my grandma's friend was the local babysitter so when they would all gather up to play Scrabble, all of us kids would have free reign. Not like the daycare my son goes to so I don't have to worry about him sneaking off to kiss his little girlfriend, lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

It's not that they choose it, that's not the issue here. It's disgusting and should be considered child abuse, but the issue is that they try to force it into our living rooms via television, and try to tell children it's ok when it's not. You'll always have problems like this when you force people to accept something of this magnitude.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Let kids be kids, when they get hair down there, let them decide what sex they are attracted to.

Some of these LGBTQIBYOB crowd are like Mormons, knocking on your door early Saturday morning to try to indoctrinate you. Once a child reaches a certain age they should be allowed to make their own choice without influence.

Until then, let them play Pokemon or whatever floats their boat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join