It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini rant about EU Remainers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Only problem is: there is no war going on...

Isn't there ?

You do remember, I hope, what happened to Churchill after the war was over?

I have no love for Johnson and would not be supporting him if not for Brexit , if he can achieve the unbelievable then cometh the hour cometh the man , he has my support.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Isn't there ?

Nope. The EU is not combatting anyone or anything. It's not happy with the decision the UK made, but has accepted it. It has been waiting for years for the UK to make up its mind about a deal. When they finally did, has been patiently waiting for the UK to get that deal through Parliament, when the UK failed to do so, has been patiently facilitating a new deal. And I bet that the EU will grant the UK yet another extension.

In wars, we simply shoot our enemy.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Nope. The EU is not combatting anyone or anything.

The war is going on inside Parliament , skirmishes through the courts and battles for control.

Another extension is a road to nowhere , it's neither good for the EU or UK. No deal now seems the only option to end the stalemate as Parliament seems full of people just playing politics with the fate of this nation , if Johnson has a way to force no deal through on the 31st then he's doing all of us a favour.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Thing with Brexit is....the EU CANT let u go without a fuss cuz Italy would be next. Peeps just dont understand the EU is designed to help Germany and France.

They dont give a toss about you guys. Go look at the store shelves in France or Germany.....aint no Limey products there...and the ones that are.....are 10x as expensive.
Just sayin.

a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Lmao, yes, I knew we'd get spanked in the short/medium term when the Leave vote won, just not how hard or for how long 😂
I support the result of the referendum, and expect constituency MP's to vote in parliament based on what their constituents voted for.
Leave means leave or democracy has been killed by MP's in parliament 😢

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

The EU is behaving predictable, well concerted and tries to remain beneficial at all times.

True dictatorialy predictable.

Wouldn't expect any less from them remaining beneficial to the 'leaders' at

all times.

Only 5 or 6 countries of the 27 are world players the others are all dependencies.

They have kept the other 27 nations in line and informed and remarkably in unison.

The dog doesn't bite his master?

They have show great flexibility in adapting to the mostly absurd behaviour of the British Government, even when that same Government put the EU in a bind by asking it to redo an already closed deal in just a few days. The EU is showing its dedication to the peace process and to the unity of the nations on a daily basis.

Flexible?
What planet are you on?

That can't hardly be said of the UK.

You try and do anything while in a head lock and your hands and feet tied.

The UK acts as a spoiled brat. It has always done so: first,

Why not as the second highest financial contributor.....I wonder how many

it takes of the lower end countries added together to make the same

financial contribution 4, 5, 6, maybe 10?

Had to keep it's own currency, it refused to sign Schengen and only half-heartedly accepted the metric system. And it's inhabitants still drive on the wrong side of the road

Thank God for that!!! we must have had a premonition the EU were intent

on turning out clones. We were probably using the roads with motors long

before many other of the countries ..... so perhaps its them driving on the

wrong side?

Nothing wrong with the EU, mate. But A LOT with a Parliament led by a PM that has not been elected, shows all kinds of signs that he is a dicator and who, even today, indicates that he would not find it a problem to break the Law, if he ,can get Britain out of the EU, deal or not

Maybe you should do some research? Because the people do not elect a PM

The people elect the MP's for their constituencies and they in turn elect their

leader who becomes PM or leader of the opposition. So Boris Johnson is not

unelected

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Indeed. People talk of Boris subverting democracy, yet Parliment are determined to subvert a popular vote because, if we are honest, it kills many MP'S dreams of being overpaid EU officials.

Will the next general election be treated with the same disdain as the leave vote? Oh...the conservatives won a majority...but I dont like that outcome....so lets revote because those voters were dumb,white, racist, xenophobes.

Is this the future?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Have you seen this? Boris has sent an unsigned letter to Tusk .....

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

With an accompanied signed letter saying he rejects an extension. This is the craziest I've ever known politics in UK 😱
In the last 3 years I've changed my mind so if there was a referendum tomorrow asking leave with Boris deal or leave with no deal I'd vote for the Boris deal, it will set us on the path with less disruption.
There should be no remain option, that question has already been asked, and should not be asked again or referenda are meaningless and pointless.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

As a former remainer I now feel like we're stuck in a cage with 27 other cats who don't want us to leave because we are one of the biggest dealers of the catnip. Donald Tusk doesn't care any more or less about UK people other than the catnip they're gonna lose.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Perhaps someone can explain a couple issues I see. Why the fuss from farmers? The UK makes enough lamb to feed the nation , yet imports a lot of lamb from New Zealand.....which is 20 hours FLYING time from the UK. This sounds like bad business practice/Marketing issues to me. How is New Zealand lamb cheaper....HOW!

And the issue of worker rights.....whats the minimum wage diff between euro countries??. Hmmmm....anyone?

And food "standards" by euro country? Hmmmm... Anyone?

Hiny....UK is the highest standard. So whats those Remain excuses again????...

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Pestilence, plagues, work houses for the poor, the ravens will leave the tower of London then the Crown and nation will fall probably.
Its getting hard to make up new things to fear about leaving the EU for the remainders who don't respect the first referendum to shout about.
Shouting, like that twat with megaphone during live TV interviews outside parliament 😂

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow

Shouting, like that twat with megaphone during live TV interviews outside parliament 😂

Lol!!! I keep hearing people say "Its his human right" to do it .......so I say

"What about the "human rights" of other people" those who can't hear interviews

and those whose ear drums are taking a bashing?

It seems sometimes that *Human Rights* are very selective!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Grin. And that coming from a guy that has the French motto "honi soit qui mal y pense" in his avatar.. you are more European than you realise

a million miles of, i think the french have had enough, more than you care to admit, yellow vests? no they dont exist, will be easy to manipulate though, you ready commie? war coming x

and BTW its my cap badge motto

edit on 19-10-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Haha yes! He really does my head in though, can't even understand what he's actually shouting just "Huuurrrr Raahhh Huuuuurrrooo" louder than the TV pundits and interviewees,
So, shouty man, if you are a member of ATS reading this give it a rest eh ffs 😂

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder what the ww2 generation would think of it. Is the UK really going to bow to an Autocracy of unelected swine with no regard to the people of the UK? And in favor of what? Some false pretense that the EU is some be- all protectorate of the UK!!!! Laughable.

I enjoy travelling, and i stop at every memorial i see. It reminds me of what the UK and US accomplished together...and while the current climate tries to destroy that narrative......i see it.....i see it in the names of every person etched in stone...from Cambridge to Bastogne. And ill be damned if I let that die in vain.

Sorry....been to a couple pubs today and im feeling patriotic.....and drunk. Lol

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I cant help but wonder what the ww2 generation would think of it. Is the UK really going to bow to an Autocracy of unelected swine with no regard to the people of the UK? And in favor of what? Some false pretense that the EU is some be- all protectorate of the UK!!!! Laughable.

I enjoy travelling, and i stop at every memorial i see. It reminds me of what the UK and US accomplished together...and while the current climate tries to destroy that narrative......i see it.....i see it in the names of every person etched in stone...from Cambridge to Bastogne. And ill be damned if I let that die in vain.

Sorry....been to a couple pubs today and im feeling patriotic.....and drunk. Lol

from here on out, the unioion is gone, its all out war, theyve made thir beds, they can sleep in it

going forward, its Tumps USA & England vs the globalist EU commie rats

Easy win... AND hopefully, lots of dead commies OVER & ABOVE WWII numbers, give them no quaters
bannish them from the earth once and for all, freedom democracy shall rain supreme

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

from here on out, the unioion is gone, its all out war, theyve made thir beds, they can sleep in it

going forward, its Tumps USA & England vs the globalist EU commie rats

Easy win... AND hopefully, lots of dead commies OVER & ABOVE WWII numbers, give them no quaters
bannish them from the earth once and for all, freedom democracy shall rain supreme

Erm. calm down there fella.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

There's a memorial in my town listing the US regiment/s which left for D day, local whispers have always been there is a lot of American DNA in people here 😂
On a serious note though, yes We've more in common with you guys than say someone from Estonia, and we all agree that UK needs immigrants to run our economy, so why do we discriminate against English speaking US, Canada, NZ, and Oz folk from getting a work visa here, but free pass for a Romanian who speaks # all English? 🤔

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
I'd prefer friendly trading relationships with the EU bloc, too much killing in the world as it is 😢❤️

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sigh...you can always tell a non-military person. I may not have inflicted death on a hand-to-hand scenario, but i have loaded bombs on aircraft that HAVE taken lives. And it don't make ya feel all goooey inside. Its the opposite. Go to a war memorial and shut up and listen to the silence. Walk among the graves an look at the headstones. War aint no video game. Many Peeps dont come home. And many who do...wish they didn't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join