It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia teacher fired for not calling Trans kid he

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.huffpost.com...

A Virginia teacher who was fired last year after refusing to use a pronouns that aligned with a transgender student’s gender identity believes he was a victim of discrimination because of his religious faith.

I hope this teachers wins. It doesn't appear that he has harassed or bullied or treated this student badly in any way.
From another article it said this teacher always called this student by name. The firing happened because in the heat of a game the teacher accidentally blurted out "her" instead of "her". Um, I've been called he by mistake and I know a lot of men have been called her too, it didn't cause us to lose our minds.

Even if the teacher did... Let's ponder this.
The student has the right to want to be a girl/boy whatever.
Doesn't the teacher have a right to believe what he believes?

This is a no win situation of opposing beliefs, so why not let both believe what they want.

edit on 6-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I hope this self-defining thing is just a fad, it's way beyond annoying and I believe it's dangerous for the kids. Their brains are not developed enough to understand what's really going on.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

"I" get to dictate what you say now.

"I" control your speech.

"I" get to punish "you" if "you" say something "I" don't agree with.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

he will switch back to she after grade 13

^_^

honk honk
edit on 6-10-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.huffpost.com...

A Virginia teacher who was fired last year after refusing to use a pronouns that aligned with a transgender student’s gender identity believes he was a victim of discrimination because of his religious faith.

Doesn't the teacher have a right to believe what he believes?

This is a no win situation of opposing beliefs, so why not let both believe what they want.

No. According to those who engage in cancel culture, you do not have a right to your opinion, should be fired, tarred and feathered, and have your life ruined because your opinion or stance offends their delicate, flower like sensibilities.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well if she called the child "it" the PC brigade is going to be rather miffed.

Can it not just be a wean or a child for the one-time short deal that childhood comprises ffs???

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I'm more concerned about the thought Police. People getting fired, States wanting to fine people 250k for not using approved words.

It's beyond concerning.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I look at it as a mental disorder, which I think a lot of people would agree with..

Well what do we do with people with nonviolent mental disorders we cannot even really begin to treat??

We humor them...

If some autistic kid is conviced he wants to grow up to be a ninja turtle, do we beat them over the head with the fact “they will never be a real ninja turtle!!”??

Hell no....

We give them a mask and some foam nunchucks and say “have at it hoss”....

So I think of trans bashing in the same way... basically your picking on an autistic kid.. which is really , really crappy.

edit on 6-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Then the kid should be considered special needs and shouldn't be in a regular school.
A teacher is being punished for a situation they were not trained to deal with.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm officially anti-trans until these people stop attempting to compel my speech and stop punishing free people for wrong-think.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm more concerned about the thought Police. People getting fired, States wanting to fine people 250k for not using approved words.

It's beyond concerning.

That is exactly what concerns me the most about this whole thing. It's not the child. Be whatever, but the fact that a teacher is getting fired over this is insane.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We don’t separate autistic kids who can keep up with the school work..

If they can keep up with the classwork is what decides if the kid is in a special class.... not if they have ticks of some kind.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's beyond concerning.

Exactly. Folks can identify as they want, they can call themselves what they want, they can adorn themselves or not as they want, they can do whatever they want for themselves.

But when they try to impose their will and their druthers and their sexual fetishes on others, then it's gone too far. That is unacceptable.

The other red line is when people are put in harm's way. Another big problem with the current agenda and practice.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I'm officially anti-trans until these people stop attempting to compel my speech and stop punishing free people for wrong-think.

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I think conservatives want to a say they have a mental disorder, but it is this special, magic mental disorder that it is ok for them to pick on and make fun of..

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I've been called ma'am on the phone before. Did I lose my bricks? Hell no.

But I noticed just how insane the climate of PC/ SJW culture has become during a recent interaction at work. I was talking to a female who seemed to make a solid effort (and then some) to identify as male, but I don't know, maybe they're one of those Apache attack helicopters and I'm just being insensitive.

I said something along the lines of "I'm sorry to make you the middleman here.."

He/ She/ Copter gave me an awkward look like I had just made the biggest faux pas ever. Oops is it because I said the word 'man?' I dunno. But the fact that I had to consider this as a possibility..

Walking on constant eggshells is no way for a society to be. If you want to be an opposite gender or an attack copter then you need to start by growing some thicker skin and stop playing a triggered victim.

You adapt to the world with your identity, this is how everyone does it. I don't expect the world to adapt to me and neither does anyone else.

Getting so tired of this buttcrap. I swear we're headed right back to the dark ages

edit on 6-10-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

I think conservatives want to a say they have a mental disorder, but it is this special, magic mental disorder that it is ok for them to pick on and make fun of..

Who is making fun of this kid?
Conservatives dont make fun of downs kids, they dont make fun of crippled kids, and they don't make fun of mentally disabled kids.
Or at least no more than your standard liberal.

Be careful not to fall off of that pedestal you've placed yourself on.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I hope he wins as well. This is getting beyond ridiculous when we have to weigh and measure every word we speak.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"I" get to dictate what you say now.

"I" control your speech.

"I" get to punish "you" if "you" say something "I" don't agree with.

It is even worse than that. If you "Question" the use of puberty blocking drugs, they will take your career.

www.christianpost.com...
www.thecollegefix.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This was always my biggest concern. Being "cancelled" for accidentally mis-gendering someone. When your entire identity is built around sexuality and gender you are going to spend an awfully lot of time being upset by what people say. Which seems like the theme of modern liberalism.

Perpetual outrage.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join