It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain the Biden Ukraine scandal?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Don't forget that Pelosi's son also works/worked for another Ukranian company, there is a video going around in Twitter about it.

The real corrupt traitors are the democrats here!

Twitter link

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

Don't forget one of mitt romney's advisors was also on the board of burisma.

It's almost like all of the people for impeachment are involved in money laundering through ukraine.

ETA:
What if I told you the US elite use the US political class to enrich their family members with tax dollars laundered through foreign countries.
edit on 5-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan
If anyone wants to know whats happening, regarding Ukraine, watch the Glen Beck video. I don't care to much for him, but he does make some tasty chicken!

www.youtube.com...

Yeah. It's amazingly informative.

Hunter/Joe Biden is just the tip of a big iceberg. Lots of interconnected Democrat names are coming the surface.

Biden is just the one the Dems can call a "political rival".

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Edumakated

An Ukrainian attorney general was investigating corruption involving Burisma and Hunter Biden.

Joe Biden threatened to withhold aide unless President of Ukraine at the time fired the AG who was investigating the corruption.

But according to multiple people, including the Deputy Prosecutor, the investigation into Burisma had been "Shelved" for quite sometime before Biden (along with the IMF, EU, US administration and many US Republicans) were demanding the ouster of the Prosecutor.

The Prosecutor was actually ousted for NOT investigating Burisma and many other corruption scandals.

And Burisma wasn't even the direct target of that investigation that was shelved, it's Oligarch owner was.

And there is no explanation of any way in which Hunter Biden might have been implicated in wrong-doing apart from being one of MANY people appointed to the board.

I think at this stage, if conservatives want facts to be known they should begin with facts rather than falsehoods.

See these articles from the time:
www.atlanticcouncil.org...
blogs.reuters.com...
www.aljazeera.com...
www.ukrweekly.com...

Clearly Shokin’s lying. It isn't like Giuliani was on tv waiving around a signed affidavit that Shokin admits to all that is in this NY Post article.

Shokin must be lying, right?

nypost.com...

I don't know if he is lying, but he has lied before and recently which just affirms the man is corrupt.
Shokin claimed that the former US ambassador gave him a do-no-prosecute list, only to a couple months later admit that it was he himself who wrote the list and gave it to her for approval and she rebuffed him telling him that was not OK.

That said, in this case, you must first ask if Rudy Giuliani is lying, since you are basing the claim of what the untrustworthy Shokin said on Rudy's notes and Rudy himself seems Manic, Confused, Belligerent and wildly inconsistent if not outright dishonest and self-contradictory in what he has claimed.

So you have the statement of a know liar and disgraced official (Shoken) as recounted in the notes of an arguably crazy person (Rudy).

They are both welcome to testify under oath if they want to clear things up, but I don't think either is eager to that for obvious reasons.

Can you post the article where claims shokin claimed that?

This hill article/video says that Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko(he is the one being interviewed) received the "list" from Ambassador Yovanovitch.

Are you saying Shokin created the "list" and then game it to the US Ambassador?

I suppose everyone could be lying, but the question would be why?

thehill.com...

When still prosecutor general earlier this year, he claimed that US ambassador Marie Yovanovitch had given him a list of people not to prosecute. Although he later admitted there had been no such list,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

In an interview published by the Hill in late March, Lutsenko said that the then-U.S. ambassador to Ukraine handed him a list of names of officials and instructed him not to prosecute them. The claims created so much pressure around the ambassador that she was removed from her post early, according to the whistleblower complaint published on Thursday.

In March, the State Department denied the claims against Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch and, in a statement given at the time to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, said it was intended to “tarnish” her reputation.

The next month, Lutsenko walked back his claim about the ambassador in an interview with the Ukrainian media.

foreignpolicy.com...

The State Department called Mr. Lutsenko’s claim about a do-not-prosecute list “an outright fabrication,” and in May Mr. Lutsenko walked back his allegations about the Bidens, stating that there was no evidence they had done anything wrong.

www.nytimes.com...

I cant find the Ukranian interview - it was Ukranian News outlet, where he admitted he wrote the list and tried to get her approval and she rebuffed him, but it is out there.

Either way he is not a source the right wing should lean on for there conspiracy

Former Ukrainian prosecutor says Giuliani repeatedly pushed him to investigate the Bidens
www.businessinsider.com...

The NYT article you cited that states, "The State Department called Mr. Lutsenko’s claim about a do-not-prosecute list “an outright fabrication,” and in May Mr. Lutsenko walked back his allegations about the Bidens, stating that there was no evidence they had done anything wrong." Links to this NYT article below, where Lutsenko says this:

“I do not want Ukraine to again be the subject of U.S. presidential elections,” Lutsenko said in an interview Tuesday in his office in Kiev. “Hunter Biden did not violate any Ukrainian laws -- at least as of now, we do not see any wrongdoing. A company can pay however much it wants to its board.” He said if there is a tax problem, it’s not in Ukraine."

No where in the article used for reference does he give a quote exonerating JOE Biden.

www.bloomberg.com...

Just to be sure we are on the same page here:

Lutsenko is not the guy who got fired by Biden.

Shokin is.

Correct.

Lutsenko claimed in an interview with John Solomon that he was handed the "list", that was in march. In may it looks like he walked the comments back per the article exortis linked too.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Biden is on video at a CFR meeting bragging/admitting a quid pro quo deal with Ukraine. This gives Trump & the DOJ probable cause to investigate Biden & his son. Biden also implicates Obama in the video. This along with the illegal FISA warrants issued from fabricated evidence by Fusion GPS's bogus Steele dossier paid for by the Hillary campaign gives the DOJ probable cause to investigate Hillary, Biden, Obama, Romney, Nuland & others. The company Crowdstrike is also implicated in all of this with alleged tampering of evidence.

youtu.be...
edit on 6-10-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: KnoxMSP

How about you prove me wrong. I know I can retrieve the news articles and videos in a heartbeat.

You on the other hand cannot.

Because when I'm searching for a lawyer the first thing I look for is one that was kicked out of the military for coc aine use and then left his crack pipe in his rental car.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Trump is guilty of this, there is enough evidence to convince me, I’ve seen it. Let’s not forget about all of Trump’s other conflicts of interest.

Anyway, Trump shouldn’t be using his foreign policy as President to get other countries to investigate political opponents for him.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Trump is guilty of this, there is enough evidence to convince me, I’ve seen it.

Go ahead and share with the class then. Because there's none. There's an abundance of evidence to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The intelligence community started the investigation into Trump, which is their job. They were responding to real events that happened and set off red flags. This is their job. Obama was not spearheading that or initiating that investigation based on unfounded conspiracy theories.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think this is a fair take on it

Company was being investigated years before Hunter started work..or whatever he was there for.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Well first of all, Trump himself has admitted to using his political influence to try and get Ukraine (maybe even China) to investigate his political opponent, which is enough to concern me. Is this not a problem to you guys? There is no denying this happened.

But then there were two whistleblowers and some text messages that indicate he was withholding foreign aid to Ukraine as a bargaining tool.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Let me start by saying, you've provided no evidence of which you said there was an abundance of it.

Well first of all, Trump himself has admitted to using his political influence to try and get Ukraine (maybe even China) to investigate his political opponent

Trump doesn't have a political opponent. Even if he did, is it really concerning that the man in charge of the execution of laws and foreign policy would expose corruption by a politician?? Seems like you guys were A-OK with the prior admin and deep state working with the UK and ukraine to try to frame trump.

Is this not a problem to you guys?

No, I expect the chief executive to ensure that corruption and money laundering is exposed. Wasn't that the entire predicate of the russia investigation that you personally were in approval of? They were trying to prove trump was corrupt right? But of course, we all know that wasn't the case and the more we learn about it the more we learn that it was that investigation that was corruption in attempt to frame the president.

But then there were two whistleblowers and some text messages that indicate he was withholding foreign aid to Ukraine as a bargaining tool.

And both of them were proved wrong. Even if they weren't (but they were), it's quite legitimate to withhold foreign aid to a country who is sweeping corruption under the rug. Now how do you feel about biden admitting he withheld aid for the corrupt purpose of removing a person whose investigation led to him and his son? Are you outraged at that or are you only outraged when foreign aid is (allegedly, but not actually) withheld for legitimate law enforcement?
edit on 6-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes, biden is a distraction from the fact that ukraine meddled in the 2016 election to try to help hillary clinton. Yes they were working hand in hand with the DNC. The exact thing they accused trump of doing (collusion with a foreign country) was what they had done in ukraine. There are convictions that prove it. There are tapes where they admit to it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Trump and his cronies had a state gas company ready to go that they would all make money off of, ready to go after the 2019 Ukrainian election. Then some young actor got elected and messed up their plans. So Rudy has been up in that # under the guise of barisma since then trying to get his guys chosen to run the company. Don't forget how many land development deals Kushner has ready to go in Goland Heights.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Well first of all, Trump himself has admitted to using his political influence to try and get Ukraine (maybe even China) to investigate his political opponent, which is enough to concern me. Is this not a problem to you guys? There is no denying this happened.

Since when does an elected official get a free pass on corruption? This is a huge concern. It is not enough that political bribery becomes standard operating procedure through special interest groups and other channels. Now you want to spread this corruption next level to under the table weapon contracts? As long as you make a dollar its all good, destroyed cities ain't your problem.

October 6th, 2019 Kolomoisky Funneled IMF Loans For Biden Into Libya/Syria Weapons

George Webb has been doing a lot of good reporting on the political corruption going on. In this recent update: Biden and Pelosi and just the front for the companies laundering dark energy money for weapons in places including Libya and Syria. Ihor Kolomoyskyi is one person identified for losing / hiding $1.8 Billion IMF loans, used in weapon contracts. Toney Anaya with Natural Blue Resources has supported these deals, flying on Jeff Epstein's plane. Bill Richardson, another Governor of New Mexico is also involved.

The Awan brothers that set up the Clinton server are involved with the communications. The recent 73 document release by John Solomon is providing evidence of these connections. Bill Taylor is part of the team trying to entrap Trump with the Quid Pro Quo. George Webb has previous experience with Bill Taylor's entrapment process. Record of the covert Libya/Syria war action is on the Awan Blackberries.

George Papadopoulos organized Tobruk with weapons through Syria. Peter Strzok organized Tripoli during the conflict with Libya. Victoria Nuland helped take care of Benghazi.

edit on 7-10-2019 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
First off, this isn't the mud pit. Let's keep the political trolling out of it. I'm looking for a rational explanation from anyone with actual details.

Back to the main question, can someone explain the Hunter Biden/Ukraine scandal and point to any wrongdoing?

The real issue and the real threat to the Democrats is that Trump believes the Ukraine has copies of the DNC server that was hacked into and Trump was asking for it. THAT was "the favor". Trump is seeking info on how the Muller investigation started. Trump also asked (by the way, speaking of corruption) what REALLY happened in the corruption investigation that Biden got quashed by getting the prosecutor fired. "Biden even bragged he got the prosecutor fired". "Could you look into that and let me know. Our guys will even work with you on that." (Maybe not exact words, but you get the idea.)

The fact that Biden's son got an *overly* lucrative gig because his dad was a person in power is not illegal. And Hunter got gigs like that all over the world where his dad had influence. And it is not illegal, unethical perhaps but not illegal. It's a "do something nice for my friends and family and maybe I will do something nice for you" kind of deal. Happens all the time with and without quid pro quo (which is illegal).

This is the best explanation of both the Ukraine time line and what Trump is really after.

youtu.be...

Alan

edit on 7-10-2019 by Wonderdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2019 by Wonderdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EpsteinBarrVirus
a reply to: Bluntone22

Trump and his cronies had a state gas company ready to go that they would all make money off of, ready to go after the 2019 Ukrainian election. Then some young actor got elected and messed up their plans. So Rudy has been up in that # under the guise of barisma since then trying to get his guys chosen to run the company. Don't forget how many land development deals Kushner has ready to go in Goland Heights.

I'm glad you brought this up. It's actually very interesting.

www.apnews.com...

If you look at the arrangement being put forth (read between the accusations, at what the plan was), it's actually the best possible outcome both for Ukraine and for the USA.

The biggest way Russia bullies Ukraine is by fluctuating natural gas prices. Most of Ukraine's households are heated by natural gas in the winter. (It's a leftover from the USSR, which liked to standardize things to all be the same.)

Multiple times, Russia has price gauged them on this to the point where they had to take out huge loans just to meet their annual quota.

Ukraine has an insufficient domestic supply of natural gas. It has no choice but to import. If it fails to secure a sufficient supply, many of its citizens will die during winter. (Just like how sometimes people die in the USA during cold winters when there are power blackouts.)

The plan to ship 100 tankers of liquefied natural gas from the USA benefits everyone. Ukraine is no longer at Russia's mercy.

The USA is a net exporter of natural gas, so it helps our economy also.

The point is: a deal like this is a necessary precursor to getting Ukraine into the USA's sphere of influence. (Which will benefit the war on terror by making their intelligence assets want to help our intelligence efforts.)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: tinner07

An Ukrainian attorney general was investigating corruption involving Burisma and Hunter Biden.
a reply to: Edumakated
1. Who was the AG investigating corruption into Burisma and Hunter Biden?

2. Who was the AG biden wanted fired?

3. what year was this?

4. When did Hunter Biden start working for Burisma?

I could be wrong in what I think. Show me proof and I am on board.

1. Shokin was investigating.
2. Biden wanted Shokin fired.
3. Biden started demanding he be fired at the end of 2015, and he was early 2016.
4. Hunter started working for Burisma in 2014.
You did not ask but ...
5. The investigation was ongoing in 2016 when Shokin was fired and it was ended after Shokin was fired and settled for fines in 2017.

Does that sound suspicious to you? I am not saying any wrongdoing DID happen, but I am saying it's suspect enough it should be investigated to see if there was.

Former Secretary of State John Kerry says getting rid of the Ukraine Prosecutor was a team effort.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What do we call this when Biden drops soon.... I always wondered why Biden being 1 of 16 running back when the call happened has it been treated like he was the official Democratic candidate such as Trump was with the Dossier.

edit on 4-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
2-20-2020

The water keeps rising around Hunter Biden's neck. Now it's learned that he was also on the board of a company which lobbied the U.S. government for MORE MONEY to go to Ukraine.

More money to Ukraine meant more money for Hunter and Daddy Joe. Professional $$$ "skimmers".

thefederalist.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join