It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain the Biden Ukraine scandal?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I am questioning why a large energy company would hire a crackhead/meth-head to a $600,000/year position when he had zero background in that field.

That's already been addressed on page 2 of this thread.

Welcome to the corporate world. Hunter was a lawyer and a lobbyist, two in-demand skill sets that fill boards of companies all over the world. Like it or not, by corporate standards he did meet the criteria of being "qualified", so that aspect is a bit of a non-starter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: redmage

Ukraine is extremely corrupt.

THE BIDEN ISSUE:

Hunter Biden was appointed to the board of Burisma which was run by a corrupt oligarch. Hunter has NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER in this industry or private equity. In other words, he brought zero value to the company but yet was still paid $600k a year to sit on this company's board.

An Ukrainian attorney general was investigating corruption involving Burisma and Hunter Biden.

Joe Biden threatened to withhold aide unless President of Ukraine at the time fired the AG who was investigating the corruption.

In other words, Joe wanted the investigation shut down that involved his son and used withholding of foreign aide to do so.

This is all on video by the way with Joe explaining how he did this in great detail... so no, it ain't a conspiracy.

TRUMP ISSUE:

Trump was on the phone and was specifically asking about Crowdstrike. Crowdstrike was the company that is believed to be the source of the hacking of emails in 2016. It is thought the emails are in Ukraine. This is what the actual conversation was about, not Biden.

However, he also mentioned in trailing that there is scandal around Biden and that should be investigated as well. This is nothing new. There are articles going back four years ago on this corruption. The NYTs even ran an article mentioning it looks bad four years ago.

The Democrats are trying to spin it to look like Trump was asking for dirt on Biden when in fact he was asking for help to get to the bottom of the 2016 election shenanigans.

In other words, the Democrats want to impeach Trump for trying to investigate corruption. More specifically, Biden actually did withhold foreign aide to cover up corruption, but trump needs to be investigated for pointing that out....

Absolutely the best explanation. Perfect.

Fred..

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I am questioning why a large energy company would hire a crackhead/meth-head to a $600,000/year position when he had zero background in that field.

Welcome to the corporate world. Hunter was a lawyer and a lobbyist, two in-demand skill sets that fill boards of companies all over the world. Like it or not, by corporate standards he did meet the criteria of being "qualified", so that aspect is a bit of a non-starter.

Yep, I have been on the thread from the first page.
I missed the part where someone linked the police report concerning the meth and pipe in the rental car.
In the post that you linked to, the part about him carrying around a State Department ID wasn't covered, so maybe I wasn't covering old ground anyway.
Good for you on caring so much though.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The best explanation of Biden-Ukraine corruption, to include war crimes, is in The Duran. Also, we knew about this in 2014, before Trump even thought of running, so impeachment is just misdirection to hide the vast crimes of the Bidens: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Try this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wish it were that simple, but frankly there's plenty on both sides in this thread who seem to be just ranting and "off their meds" so to speak.

That said, I greatly appreciate you and the few others who kept things civil and informative, and for providing worthwhile leads to follow up on.

edit on 10/5/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If you want information from the horse's mouth, here is what Shokin (the prosecutor who got dismissed) said about it in a sworn affidavit. (Even if you believe he is corrupt, he is still an attorney, so it wouldn't be in his best professional interests to say anything that could later be disproven.)

The part where he begins discussing his dismissal starts in item #6

www.scribd.com...

He was asked by the then President of Ukraine, Poroshenko, to stop his investigation into Bursima. I don't know if he was making any progress, but he refused to close it.

Then, finally, when the Biden withheld a billion in loan guarantees, Poroshenko asked him to resign, stating that it would be in Ukraine's best interests, because it could not afford to lose those loan guarantees.

He states that he believes the reasons were:

1 - He wasn't investigating the previous President Yanukovyich's administration for corruption (the administration that was ousted in the Maidan incident.)

2- Because of his actions regarding Bursima, and Biden's personal interest in the country.

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's not illegal, per se, to have a conflict of interest like that. Realistically, people are going to be nepotists.

However, it is EQUALLY unrealistic not to expect to have EVERY DECISION YOU MAKE put under a microscope, when you do.

edit on 5-10-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: I accidentally said "it's illegal per se" instead of "it's NOT illegal per se" - which is what I meant.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What I understand, Hunter Biden got the job for political reasons to help the company sell gas to the US. While unethical, this is not illegal and these kind of politically motivated high paying jobs is common practice.

If the allegations from the whistle blower report are true, that is Trump threatening to withhold money from Ukraine unless they investigate Biden, then that is an impeachable offense and a blatant abuse of power.

Needless to say the next month's with be interesting. It appears to me that many Republican elected officials are trying to distance themselves from Trump, Pence included.

Since Trump has a cult like following, his faithful will have a tough time accepting these allegations if true.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That is incorrect, Trump didn't withhold aid for finding dirt. The Ukraines didn't know the aid was withheld so there could not be extortion. Unlike Biden he specifically told them they are not getting the money unless they fire the Prosecuter. That is very specific and also Trump has verification by multiple people that he withhold temporary to see if the Europeans would help as well. THere is actually a transcript of that as well.

Can't be extortion if the other side doesn't know about it.
edit on 5-10-2019 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

That is false not many republicans and not Pence because he already went out to say he backs Trump into investigating corruption.

The Republicans who distance themselves are the typical never Trumpers.

Romney - because he is also involved in Burisma. Paul Ryan because he is also part of the establishment that would back the deep state and he is tied to Romney., and a few other people including Pelosi who son is involved in Ukraine as well.

The rest supports Trump. Mitch also supports him. However, he wants to have an impeachment hearing if it goes to the Senate so that Republicans can subpoena people involved in corruption in Ukraine not to subpoena Trump's people. You have to go outside of the fake news to get the truth because if that is all you listen to they will spin everything to support the cause.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
What I understand, Hunter Biden got the job for political reasons to help the company sell gas to the US. While unethical, this is not illegal and these kind of politically motivated high paying jobs is common practice.

I don't think they were trying to sell natural gas to America. Ukraine has plenty of domestic demand, due to Soviet Era house hold heating infrastructure having been all natural gas (and Ukraine has cold winters.)

The USA is a net exporter of natural gas. Ukraine is a net importer.

They probably hired Hunter for exactly the reason it looks like : because his father was Vice President and had been delegated the task of overseeing all USA/Ukraine relations by Obama. They expected him to reach out, if they needed help. And it looks like they probably did.

(Although Hunter himself was probably not the target of the investigation, just the guy Burisma expected to solve it.)

If the allegations from the whistle blower report are true, that is Trump threatening to withhold money from Ukraine unless they investigate Biden, then that is an impeachable offense and a blatant abuse of power.

If you read the actual transcript of the phone call, you won't see any clear evidence of that.

Needless to say the next month's with be interesting. It appears to me that many Republican elected officials are trying to distance themselves from Trump, Pence included.

Yeah. It looks like he's seriously distancing himself. /sarcasm

www.msn.com...

Since Trump has a cult like following, his faithful will have a tough time accepting these allegations if true.

You mean if they are proven?

There isn't really much to prove them with. Trump told Zelensky that the USA had been good to Ukraine. Which *could* mean something about aid.

But it also could mean any number of things. Good luck proving something from that.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

Believe what you want but don't live in denial. Many Republicans are trying to distance themselves from Trump. There was even a thread here about Pence distancing himself from Trump. A lot of it is to save face for political reasons.

In my opinion Republicans will abandon Trump like rats on a sinking process as the impeachment inquiry heats up. For Trump's fan base, there will be a lot of name calling and blame shifting because they are blinded by their love for Trump and their confirmation bias will keep blinders on.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Statement from Pence below. So unless you are clueless I will let it slide.

"President Donald J. Trump and I were elected to DRAIN THE SWAMP, and the American people have a right to know if Joe Biden or his family profited from his position as Vice President." - Pence

Source: www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

LOL Republicans abandon ship? hahahahah 95% support from Republicans. There will be no abandonment. Plus, there is no crime, can u name a statue?? I know you can't name anything.

Mean tweets and trolling Democrats is not a crime. hahahah

Mit Romney, Paul Ryan, and Justin Amash are a few never Trumpers and they have always been against him since the beginning. They hardly have a support base, and frankly no one in the Republican party cares about them. They only vote for them because they can't vote for dems. THat is the only reason why they are there.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The inquery will result in nothing as usual. Subpeana all they want but no one will show up. It's the same thing with the Obama admin.

If dems have such a strong case why not just vote on it instead of delay delay delay. That's right they won't vote on it because they don't have a case. They just want an inquiry to keep it in the limbo and espouse their rhetoric. That's it. They already got voted down 3 times. Let's make it a 4th. hahaha

The truth is they don't want a impeachment vote to pass. Because that would only pass the torch to the Senate and Republicans control it and they can subpoena as many Dems as they want and Dems have no control, so they will never pass an impeachment vote even when they have the majority. hahahahha They are trapped and you are illogical.

I just gave you a blue print into the Dems agenda but u really think impeachment is for real. They are just gas-lighting you. hahahah

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The Bidens did nothing wrong, just more fake news from Trump to distract. Remember when he said he was going to put Hillary in jail LOL same thing, only idiots fall for it.

Fake news.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

She is not in jail yet. You must have miss the fact that Barr reopened the Clinton email case. Why else is she panicking and all over the media acting crazy and accusing trump.

Indictment takes time, and traps are set. Even John Brennan is panicking because John Durham is set to interview him and I am confident that Durham is going to catch him in a perjury Trap because they have already interview all the 5 eyes spy agencies in 2016 from Uk, Ukraine, Italy to Australia. Now he is going to probably lie about the coup and his story will not match the other operatives named in the mueller report, and you know what? That is a perjury trap.

Now Biden has not commit a crime if you are referring to quid pro quo as a crime. However, it shady and it is unethical. But he did Obstruct Justice by extorting Ukriane to fire shokin into the investigation to Burisma. That is a crime. The new ukriane prosecutes just reopen the same case and Im sure there will be more to come.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Re opening a case that's already finished lol distraction. Republicans always do this. Remember when the said the Nunez memo would end the democrat party LOL

every week its something new, only idiots believe that stuff. Q told them LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

This is from the Justice Department not Q. U can deny all u want but Barr has reopened the case and it's public knowledge.

Even John Brennan went on TV and said Durham will interview him and acting all pissy. He knows he is being investigated.

This is not the obama administration investigating his own administration.

This is Trump's administration investigating the Democrats. The outcome will not be the same.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Even Trump admitted, on camera, that he believes that he will be impeached in the House, and he's counting on the Republican controlled Senate to acquit him.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join