It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What qualifies as a "WHITE PERSON "

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Winter=evil????

I love winter..
The freeze kills the bugs.

A fresh foot of snow, a fire roaring in the fireplace, roasting marshmallows...

Perfection

My sentiment exactly I can put on more close and build a fire. Summer it gets so hot and humid, one can not take off enough close to get cool.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Personally I regard being "white" as my skin-color before the first spring tan.
White as a sheet.

According to the current vogue of academic social constructionism, they are talking increasingly of "whiteness".
Because many of the academics who come up with the current crapolia are whites, they have to find a way to exclude themselves from the alleged oppressors.
So now "whiteness" is a certain economic position and attitude, or ideology.
It also absolves them from being reverse-racists.

This also then enables Antifa (in the US for example) to bash black people, gays and Asians as "fascists", and bizarrely "white supremacists" when they disagree with them.

But then again social constructionism is an affront to common sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roshambo

I think it might be seasonal too...

Someone recently told me I looked like a copper penny. But in a few months when it starts warming up again, I'll be lily white again!

So, yeah, it must be seasonal too

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
At this stage there are many different classifications of a "white person". Almost none of which actually take ancestry into account. I constantly hear of mixed race people being called white nationalists or some such nonsense.

It's mainly political when you hear "white people" being discussed. Because apparently white people have no culture or heritage to speak of. We are only guided by politics and nationalism...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: Bluntone22

Winter = evil DoE?

Summer = normal/good DoE?

It checks out. Cold makes me cranky/evil.

That can't be true ... the same people who worry most about all this stuff are also angry that Global Warming is killing winter.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

But then again social constructionism is an affront to common sense.

Not sure if you are quoting someone or not, but this is a quote worthy statement.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anyone and everyone in kabuki makeup & most online anime are WHITE people.

The rest of us are like a bag of m&m's - look different on the outside, same guts on the inside.

With my bad hearing, it could've been all about WiDE people, like me.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Race is what you identify as.
If you identify as white you are if you identify as black you are and if you identify as something else then that is what you are.

But the more important question is why are you asking?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Clothes.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: roshambo
Lots of talk from people about white privilege, white nationalists, white power.
What does it mean to be white?
Does it mean that one isnt of middle eastern, Latin, or asian decent?
What countries qualify for one to be considered "white". I have seen white white people from Uruguay than from Scotland.
What say you ATS

As a white male, i can tell you a little about how it is.

First of all, ALL white people (even the women) farts rainbows cowered in diamonds, we got the ability to fly (not women), If i do a dance shirtless, EVERY non-white person will throw money at me. We never get sick, or has any bad luck for that matter. Everything in our lives are perfect, every second of our lives is pure paradise, and also, we are really really bad people. Sorry, cant do anything about it, it comes with the white colour...

Either that, or maybe the people going on about white privilege, are just evil racist #heads, whom all deserves lifetime in jail, for their moronic and retarded hatecrimes... No wait, that cant be it, only white people are racist...
edit on 29 9 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The only white person on ATS is me

None of you sign your name "White"

I do, so I and my Family are the only white people

That is all.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I may have read it in a book or more, but unfortunately I'm not longer on a campus and have access to an academic library to check. Possibly something I encountered while doing my MA in the late 1990's. Back then there was still a debate between social constructionists and essentialsts. But I think it's common use enough by now to use it without quotation. Sure, few people in the academy would say it openly these days, but yeah it's around as phrase. Who first said or wrote it? Well, who really first said: "The personal is political"?

Wait, I have a memory-flash, it may be somewhere in Francis Wheen's How Mumbo-Jumbo Conquered the World. [Harper Perennial 2004]. Especially chapter 4: "The demolition merchants of reality" [pages 78-117]. Went through it and found similar phraseology concerning post-structuralism and post-modernism and such, all with the same roots. Didn't find my direct term with a scan, but similar ideas.

"Whiteness" however, as opposed to actually being white is very recent and may even be a South African academic peculiarity. But one should recall that under the Zuma presidency even a foreign think-tank (Bell Pottinger) were hired to discredit all critics of the ANC, and their even more radical offshoots like the EFF. So instead of saying "white people" must be destroyed, they circumvent laws against hate speech by using foreign coined terms, for example: "white minority capital" must be destroyed.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29-9-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
If you identify as white you are if you identify as black you are and if you identify as something else then that is what you are.

So if someone identifies as black, while being pasty white with red hairs and blue eyes they should qualify for any afro centric grant for school? Or any govt program centered on helping people of that skin color out of poverty?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So if someone identifies as black, while being pasty white with red hairs and blue eyes they should qualify for any afro centric grant for school? Or any govt program centered on helping people of that skin color out of poverty?

I Identify as an old Norwegian Pensioner, so i really hope so

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I guess. Look at Elizabeth Warren. She identifies as part Native American despite not actually having any in her family tree.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hey lady, go to your local south side and try that out.

hahahahaha

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: roshambo
the term cracker came from when slave owners cracked the whip.
the term honky came from when jons..usually white..would drive and honk at the female slaves they want to :service " them.
i am i..who are you?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Faeded

Not quite correct, Honky is because some ethnics think white folk talk through their nose

But, if anyone has ever heard Kamala Harris speak should put that to rest forevermore

Unless you have the varacity to show horns on horses.

Slaves where property, not streetwalkers.

edit on 29-9-2019 by thedigirati because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

yes..quite correctt

of course they were not streetwalkers...THERE WERE USUALLY NO STREETS HA.

maybe jon was not the best word of choice for some minds..maybe should have said masters..or owners...but i did say whites..so that should have done the job.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Faeded
a reply to: thedigirati

yes..quite correctt

of course they were not streetwalkers...THERE WERE USUALLY NO STREETS HA.

maybe jon was not the best word of choice for some minds..maybe should have said masters..or owners...but i did say whites..so that should have done the job.

What did they call all the black slaveowners? whites?
edit on 29 9 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join