It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What qualifies as a "WHITE PERSON "

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Lots of talk from people about white privilege, white nationalists, white power.
What does it mean to be white?
Does it mean that one isnt of middle eastern, Latin, or asian decent?
What countries qualify for one to be considered "white". I have seen white white people from Uruguay than from Scotland.
What say you ATS

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roshambo

Seems like if you aint a PoC, you are a pos I mean white.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

My mother was 100% irish but the gaelic people trace their roots back to somewhere east of Turkey, so the ironic thing in my eyes is that many of the whitest people on the planet probably have DNA from the middle east or Asia.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

People of color are anyone darker than a caramel.
Whites are anyone lighter than a caramel,,,,aka evil.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I say the more we talk about it the more credence we give the topic. it doesn't deserve credence because racism is a manufactured commodity these days.

The most racist being not the whites at this point, perpetuating the notion of it all.

edit on 29-9-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
THere used to be a "brown paper bag" test that helped resolve this stupidity for black and hispanic people.

My mother in law is latina. In her day it was common for latinas to use more pale skin as a vanity item. It indicated you didn't spend the day working in the fields because you husband was a bigger bread winner.

Nowadays its not quite the same. Latinas tend to worry less about the darkness of their skin. My wife....i love when she gets darker in the warmer months. "Morenas" are just gorgeous to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Winter = evil DoE?

Summer = normal/good DoE?

It checks out. Cold makes me cranky/evil.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Winter=evil????

I love winter..
The freeze kills the bugs.

A fresh foot of snow, a fire roaring in the fireplace, roasting marshmallows...

Perfection

link   

originally posted by: hombero
I say the more we talk about it the more credence we give the topic. it doesn't deserve credence because racism is a manufactured commodity these days.

The most racist being not the whites at this point, perpetuating the notion of it all.

I agree with you on this one. This topic in general is often brought only with intent to divide people. In this day and age it doesnt matter anyway because you can be "trans-anything" and if you disagree you are "anything-phobic".

Just be yourself. Grow some thicker skin and a spine. Be proud of who you are and what you make of yourself so long as it does not infringe on the liberty of others.

link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Interesting you should say that. I recently read a study that shows that the Irish language is largely derived from Sanskrit.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think it's just people who have ties to any sort of main land Europe. Any European nation that went on rampant colonization around the globe is what you can call 'white people'.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why are white called white anyways.

They are green or yellow when they are sick, pink or red when they are cold, or healthy, grey when old, and blue an green again when dead.

Hell, there even orange am brown white people..# they more multicolored then the other races.
edit on 29-9-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Definitely for me. I am 6'2", 155 lbs. Even at moderately northern latitudes, I can't shake the internal chill I take on from October to April. The worst part is I miss out on what would be extra protein (from the bugs). Although it's not a total wash...my skin returns to its normal translucent quality. The kids like it, in an "Ewww look at the monster" kind of way.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I prefer white
www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-9-2019 by Plotus because: deal with it

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A white power/white nationalist/white privilege is:

anyone who votes or speaks out for anything on the right:

see Candice Owens, Dave Rubin, and so on

Or

A white person or a group of white people who has a job/title/income stream that a POC wants

See: Oscars so white or any hiring practice that tests but give points to POC.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A white power/white nationalist/white privilege is:

anyone who votes or speaks out for anything on the right:

see Candice Owens, Dave Rubin, and so on

Or

A white person or a group of white people who has a job/title/income stream that a POC wants

See: Oscars so white or any hiring practice that tests but give points to POC.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

People of color are anyone darker than a caramel.
Whites are anyone lighter than a caramel,,,,aka evil.

Lol!! How many 'whites' lighter than a caramel spend all summer trying

to become milk chocolate?

edit on 29-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Golden brown and delicious.
Women also paint their nails to attract a mate.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

hadn't seen that one, I guess maybe that's part of the reason trying to learn gaelic has been frustrating as all get out.

I do remember a random book from many years ago saying they traced the gaelic people from somewhere between turkey and like SW china area. It kind of covered how the gaelic people were the largest cultural "empire" of all time prior to Rome exterminating the heathens.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander
I agree. My skin is thick. I dont worry about anyone's color. I dont use skin color as a primary means to describe anyone, I think that in itself could be part of the problem with racism.
At any rate, I was simply trying to see if there was a general consensus on what qualifies as being of 'white' heritage, because it in now way is the actual skin color

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join