It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 teens watched and filmed as one teen stabbed another

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

An 18-year-old has been arrested and charged in the stabbing death this week in New York of Khaseen Morris, who died surrounded by a crowd of students taking cellphone video of the attack as he bled out on the ground.

How bad is our world, our youth, our parenting, that up to 70 people watched this teen stab a person to death? Not one soul felt the need to help.
This is like some sick Black mirror episode. They all popped out their cell phones and started filming. They watched this teen go from life to death right in front of them.

This is not unique. I watched another video a year or two ago. A student was being beaten by another student. The student wouldn't fight back, she just sat there getting punched and slapped over and over, not even trying to protect herself. People gathered around filming. My old mind couldn't even fathom what was going on. Why wouldn't she fight back, why wouldn't people help her?

Have we lost our humanity?

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If anyone wonders why it's not the guns just read the linked story.

The total lack of humanity in this crowd is what's wrong with the country today.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The total lack of humanity in this crowd is what's wrong with the country today.

I was going to mention guns, but didn't, but that is a real and valid point. It's never been about the guns, it is the people.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What do they say in ny ? ....mehh.... one of three US sewers.

and people to match
edit on 20-9-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I was going to mention guns, but didn't, but that is a real and valid point. It's never been about the guns, it is the people.

Lack of empathy for human life is a huge part of the problem but I also think in our faux celebrity world of Facebook and Google that people seek to have their names live on in infamy.

The names of mass killers should not be made public.

This particular case is just two people losing their cool. The crowd reaction is the real story to me.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I recently came across a small group of people in a black-top parking lot.
They were laughing and taking selfies next to a man who was unconscious in 100 degree plus temperature.
I poured some water on his face.
He woke up enough to help me walk him to some shade and called an ambulance.
I wanted to just kick the britches off the group that thought this was something funny.
People can be horrible creatures at times.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Weans are evil towards one another, quite simple.

Never read "Lord of The Flies"?

This is nothing new unfortunately even if the smartphone phenomenon relatively is.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Those seventy onlookers are called accessory to murder. !!!

What a sad world we live in...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

Yea sometimes people can be terrible. Cell phones or 30plus years ago. I believe we are getting better as a whole despite stories like this.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yea sometimes people can be terrible. Cell phones or 30plus years ago. I believe we are getting better as a whole despite stories like this.

Please expand on that, I think in many ways, especially socially we are getting much worse.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paviabari

You try convincing a DA to prosecute 70 people for accessory to murder.

Some case if he made it, ile give you that.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Heck, I watched another video just 2 days ago of a girl being stabbed to death as everyone watched and took video with their phones. These children nowadays are only interested in how many "likes" they can get on social media rather than actually living in the real world with real relationships and real responsibilities.

I remember when mobile phones started to really hit big when my girls were in their early teens. Against my wishes my mother bought the oldest a mobile phone and paid for her service. I knew they were going to be a serious problem when we went out to dinner and I had to physically wrestle the phone away from my then 14 year old who up to that point had never given me a bit of trouble. The world has been rapidly changing ever since- definitely not for the better!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Bill de Blasio has finally made New York a Sh*t Hole.

Everyone one those kids should be rounded up, made an example of.

edit on 20-9-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Worry not. Trump will unite the country and spread his message of positivity and harmony and lead by example and finally appease this madness.

/tgif /jk.

There are fine people on all sides.! Maga

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I disagree. I'm 48 and have been around and seen a few things.
Kids could run the neighborhoods when I was young but today its different.
The internet has allowed predators to have a longer reach and made it easy for them to stay hidden.
Our family units have been destroyed.
It just feels that for every step forward we are taking to back or at least one step sideways.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Lack of a conscience, lack of empathy.

I don't know what is causing it for sure, but it is becoming more and more evident.

I worry for our future.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I disagree. I'm 48 and have been around and seen a few things. Kids could run the neighborhoods when I was young but today its different. The internet has allowed predators to have a longer reach and made it easy for them to stay hidden. Our family units have been destroyed. It just feels that for every step forward we are taking to back or at least one step sideways. Maybe I'm just getting old.

100% agree with everything you said. I remember fights back in the day. I vividly remember other people (teens) getting involved and pulling people apart.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I don't think it is predominantly a lack of empathy nor conscience issue.

They don't have any fear.

And when people have no fear of the consequence of there actions, you're going to have a bad day.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the demz need to ban knives.
this guy would be alive, if it was not for knives.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If you think chastising others and calling them racists and bigots for being just a little straight forward is 'getting better' I can only say that us 'ruffians, bigots and racists' back in the day would actually have done something in this situation.
Actions speak louder than Politically Correct words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join