It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 teens watched and filmed as one teen stabbed another

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: JAGStorm

They should all be charged with accessory to murder.

Will anything happen to them?
I would love to hear some of the chatter on those phones.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: paviabari

You try convincing a DA to prosecute 70 people for accessory to murder.

Some case if he made it, ile give you that.

If that could happen, it might actually deter those retards from filming crap like this.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I remember years back when some mentalists ran someone over and cut off his head off, nobody tried to intervene but plenty recorded it.
It's been the way of the world for over a decade, sad but not new.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Why do you think this a problem of the youth?

In 1964 Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death outside her apartment building. Despite the fact that 30+ people heard her cries, not a single one called the cops. This actually led to the concept of the bystander effect.

But please, go ahead and tell us how all the woes in the world are due to the youth.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Stopping the recording of violence won't stop the brutality.

The sad part is that even though the perp new he was being recorded he continued to stab the kid to death.

There is a visual of what the culture has become....
edit on 20-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I can relate to your feelings. I didn't my oldest a phone until he was 16 but he's very responsible with it and doesn't use it at dinner or while we all watching a movie or anything like that. My mom got me one in 1998 after I was jumped by 4 guys on a back road in my small town. The nearest payphone was further away than my house but I wasn't about to show up there in my condition without warning mom first.

After I got home...

Mom: "OMG! I'm calling the police right now!" with her hand over her mouth.

Dad: "Hang up that phone. Tommy, go get in your truck. Passenger side, I'll drive, just show me where they live."

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Black people barely had rights only 70 or so years ago. Homosexuals were treated as scum not too long ago.

I believe we are slowly evolving out of this. Humanity is slowly getting better but the same old negative aspects of humanity are still showing up. Just in the form of modern life.

What do you mean? It's still the same for blacks and homosexuals if they support Donald Trump. What the hell has changed with democrats? Not a damn thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Keep your race baiting to yourself, it has no place in this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why do you think this a problem of the youth?

In 1964 Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death outside her apartment building. Despite the fact that 30+ people heard her cries, not a single one called the cops. This actually led to the concept of the bystander effect.

But please, go ahead and tell us how all the woes in the world are due to the youth.

Basically kids will be kids is your answer?

Please give us examples of youths walking into densely populated areas and opening fire into the crowds before 1999. This lack of respect for human life trend is new. Ignoring these facts are counterproductive.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If anyone wonders why it's not the guns just read the linked story.

The total lack of humanity in this crowd is what's wrong with the country today.

I was going to mention guns, but didn't, but that is a real and valid point. It's never been about the guns, it is the people.

And somehow you manage to do it anyway...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If you try to intervene, you’re liable.
Responsibility, possible guilt?

‘There was this guy trying to choke the victim afterwards, he was like bleeding out and stuff and some dude took his shirt off, wrapped it around his neck and choked him! It was nuts man!’

Crazy sh!t like that happens in Merica

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

And Nokias. Those good ol polyphonic ringtones, LOL! My first was a Motorola with 5 ringtone options. But them Nokias with changeable faceplates... Those were the hottest item going for a long time.

Memories?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You have pointed to the past 100+ years of American history and given examples of racism and the unfair treatment of gays and women.
All fair points.
All terrible acts.

But if we consider the past 100+ years of world history we get some added perspective.

Mao killed millions from the 40s to the 70s.
Communist russia has 60+ million deaths.
Germany has millions of dead jews.
Wanna discuss the middle east or africa?

Nobody is saying America is perfect but to be honest I believe many are becoming disconnected to human life and are losing our moral compass.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Black people barely had rights only 70 or so years ago. Homosexuals were treated as scum not too long ago. Wars have happened in every era. How many centuries did people watch and cheer as innocents were hanged or put to death? This negative behavior is nothing new.

With all the bad things of social media, there has also been a wealth of good things. People are learning and sharing positivity from all around the world. More understanding and compassion is being created through social media.

There has always been this eternal strife to divide humanity, to create apathy while others suffer, or to only focus on the negative.

I believe we are slowly evolving out of this. Humanity is slowly getting better but the same old negative aspects of humanity are still showing up. Just in the form of modern life.

That's absolutely beautiful, and I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Our current culture brings things like this to the for front, but the fact that we are all here, condemning it, the fact that this is a story of heartlessness and many in our country are seeing this and reacting with the same outrage, speaks for itself. 200 years ago, 2,000 years ago, this would have been commonplace and not have garnered any of this reaction we are now giving it.

Thank you for saying it the way you have, we ARE getting better as a whole.

It was better in the 1980's. And to blueman's surprise, slavery had already been abolished for well over a century.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is just f up on so many levels. The ones that did nothing are almost or just as guilty as the pos that did the stabbing.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Why do you assume that everyone in Kitty's NYC apartment building were young?

Does Charles Whitman count as an example? He technically climbed up into a clock tower and started shooting.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People seem to assume that these kids vote and have some political affiliation. The blame should be on humanity in general.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Exactly. Although I would argue that ageism plays a bigger role than anything else. It was due to the actions (or lack there of) of some Boomers that led to us studying the bystander effect. But the Me Generation will always act like they have never done anything wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

a reply to: LSU2018

Yea.. it was sure God's country when blacks were slaves..

Nostalgia for a golden past that never was....

Yeah, it's truly amazing how much democracy and capitalism have made this country the great place it is today.

You mean the Petrodollar.

What good it the Petro without the capital markets to take advantage of it?

You don't need capital markets alone to take advantage of the petro dollar.
Imagine if the Communist Soviet Union had the reserve currency in oil instead of us?

If Capitalism is so great, we should drop the petrodollar instead of spending billions to defend it.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What is on their screens is more important and real to them than what is actually happening in "real life."

Their brains essentially just translate an experience like this to "well, its just happening on a screen, I cant do anything about it. Ill get lots of shares though!"

They are able to identify with it, and understand it better, through a video screen. The "real world" is obsolete and alien, and thats the only place where someone could step in here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join