It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle-Blower Complaint Sets Off a Battle Involving Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Whistle-Blower Complaint Sets Off a Battle Involving Trump

NYT

WASHINGTON — A potentially explosive complaint by a whistle-blower in the intelligence community said to involve President Trump emerged on Thursday as the latest front in a continuing oversight dispute between administration officials and House Democrats.

The complaint touched off speculation about its allegations, which remained shrouded in mystery. It involves at least one instance of Mr. Trump making an unspecified commitment to a foreign leader and includes other actions, according to interviews. At least part of the allegation deals with Ukraine, two people familiar with it said.

So ... As the latest front against Trump by house Democrats; Trump is being accused by an unknown whistleblower of a "potentially" explosive situation where he "might" have made "unspecified" commitments to a foreign leader, possibly over Ukraine, "two people" familiar with it said.

Will this be the final nail in Trump's coffin?

After the whole Kavanaugh sexual assault with no victim;

And after the rocky start to their impeachment inquiry;

Have Democrats now moved on to "unspecified commitments to some foreign leader" because they think its a winner or because they are desperate to move on from last weeks controversies that didn't quite pan out for them?

edit on 19-9-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think he can say whatever he wants and anyone who disagrees should read his twitter. Whether he does something or not is a different situation.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The president can say whatever he wants to a foreign leader.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is a red herring designed to take attention away from the coming bombshell about Joe Biden threatening a Ukraine official when he was VP 😃

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

Oh, whadd'ya know! I am not the only one who thinks this. And its even on CNN. Nice.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I nearly forgot about that. Stupid memory holes!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan

The president can say whatever he wants to a foreign leader.

Here, read this newscaster.

He is in touch with his mom almost every day. She is more "in" his life than anyone else. She checks up on him and worries about him, even though he is a grown man. She might buy his clothes and his groceries, and do his laundry for him.

He acts like a child, a teenager, or a person who is much younger than he is. He might throw temper tantrums or party all night with people 10 years younger than him.

He acts as if women should serve him. He expects to be taken care of and be pampered on demand. He will happily take but never give.

He cannot maintain a long-term, stable romantic relationship. Former partners end up becoming his enemies or new playmates.

He is commitment-phobic in nearly all areas of life—despite having a needy attachment style. It can take him six months to commit to buying a new sofa.

He has few, if any, close friends. His "friends" consist mostly of his mom and the strangers he meets when out playing or partying.

He is often passive-aggressive, meaning he has a tendency to engage in an indirect expression of hostility through acts such as subtle insults, sullen behavior, stubbornness, or a deliberate failure to accomplish required tasks.

He is a narcissist or exhibits a childish selfishness. If something is even mildly inconvenient, he will resist doing it.

He is financially irresponsible. He spends too much money playing, partying, or chasing after women.

He rarely thinks anything is his fault. He blames everyone around him for everything that goes wrong in his life—even his mother if he can't find another scapegoat.

I wonder how much you make a year showing your dark side toward "all" Americans.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
But Obama's hot mic with Dmitri Medvedev doesn't count, promising him more flexibility after the election. Silly Dems...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Worst.

Attempt.

At Deflecting.

Ever.

The left has a whole lot of really big issues coming up for them and the only thing they can do is negative coverage of Trump.

Which has worked out so well the last few years that they have probably lost half of their base.

I think they should work harder!!!!

#Sharpiegate
#IceCreamgate
#Fishgate
#Ketchupgate

These all need individual investigations, special councils, billions of dollars spent!!!

Meanwhile, USMCA isn't being brought up for a vote by Pelosi and the American Ag community is hurting...

Canada and Mexico are our #1 and #2 trading partners in this area...

Can't even vote for a budget in the House because of all the consternation of some unnamed person saying that someone who might have been Trump talked on the phone with some foreign leader and might have said something...

This is no longer Clownword.

It's just Democrats showing their disdain for America.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Rudy Giuliani just made a mess all over Chris Cuomo on CNN.

It appears that all this is about the Ukraine and Donald Trump withholding $250 million dollars unless the Ukraine government investigates Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.... According to/not according to Rudy's word salad.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It appears that all this is about the Ukraine and Donald Trump withholding $250 million dollars unless the Ukraine government investigates Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.... According to/not according to Rudy's word salad.

What did Joe Biden and his son, Hunter do in the Ukraine that needs to be investigated?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm not sure. But Rudy was talking about how Joe Biden threatened the Ukrainian government to withhold funds if they didn't fire their "prosecutor", when he was VP. And that "IF" Trump told the Ukrainian president to investigate corruption, i.e. Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who sat on some energy committee, that isn't illegal.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

What does your rant have to do with the topic? If your talking about Fredo, I don't care about him or CNN. I posted the video, because I was surprised at Mr. Muddholes response.

link   
Another 'Lucy Football' event.

Watch this unfold.
Trump is setting up the media...AGAIN.

...and they fall for it EVERY time.

link   
So I agree whistleblowers need to be given extra degrees of anonymity, simply because of the risk they're taking in raising concerns. I absolutely DO NOT agree speculating about the content of that complaint leads to anything productive.

You know, I wish I could have pulled a Being John Malkovich for Corey L. the other day, after the committee majority changed the comittee rules on the fly, and compared the proceedings to the Nixon inquiry, DESPITE there never having been a vote on the general floor to conduct such an inquiry, it's pathetic. But after every quickfire question asked by that "staff" member(read: hired consultant) ending with the phrase "...is that not true?" I would have puppeteered Corey into saying "that sounds like speculation on your part, and I cannot speculate." Further, earlier in the hearing I would have remarked "I would remind the congresswoman that I appear here before this committee under subpoena" when asked why he had voluntarily appeared.

I mean what an abuse of power, the notion that elected representatives are given 5 minutes to question a witness(under subpoena, i might add) but a hired verbal mercenary is given 30 contiguous minutes, it's beyond compare. What do you think the Republicans will now do with that power, now that the precedent has been set by congressional democrats? None of it is good for anyone!

I used to be progressive. More and more, every day, I realize that progressives have great hopes for the future, but no real wisdom of forethought. That's to expected though, they don't call us dumb kids for nothing.

Okay, so back to the topic, uh, whistleblower, yada yada. Sure wish whistleblowers were taken seriously back in the 2000s regarding government overreach, yada yada. Look. We had a working system to manage the interception of data and metadata between United States Citizens and whoever else they might wish to communicate with electronically. The system encrypted that meta/data and the decryption required a writ from a Judge and a digital signature from the investigating agent. That system was scrapped, in favor of "faster" means thanks to the PATRIOT Act. None of this "someone faked my signature" nonsense we got during the unmasking inquiry, none of ANY of this government overreach.

I am non-partisan. I also happen to like Trump. I like his style. I, myself, often times find myself saying stupid things in the heat of the moment. Especially digitally, and when I've been drinking. Luckily Trump doesn't drink, and I believe it. Can you IMAGiNE the # he would say after a couple?! Jesus. Anyway, you folks rock, love ya all, whistleblowers are good, and context is important. Peace.

z

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

What did Joe Biden and his son, Hunter do in the Ukraine that needs to be investigated?

Joe withheld American monies going to the Ukraine for aid until the Ukraine fired the prosecutor there investigating Hunter for illegal activities.

Joe later bragged about it...

Here's the video of him doing exactly that.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm not sure. But Rudy was talking about how Joe Biden threatened the Ukrainian government to withhold funds if they didn't fire their "prosecutor", when he was VP. And that "IF" Trump told the Ukrainian president to investigate corruption, i.e. Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who sat on some energy committee, that isn't illegal.

SoOo....

Biden telling the Ukraine that they wouldn't get a billion dollars in aid unless they fired the prosecutor there investigating illegal activity by his son Hunter isn't illegal?

~blink~

What color is the sky in the world that you live in?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Link to the interview, Rudy Giuliani and Chris Cuomo, just now.
www.mediamatters.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm just conveying what I was able to glean from the interview, and Rudy's word salad. I'm only just finding out about this too.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Rudy is coming on Ingraham show in a minute or two to talk about this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join